• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin 2016 |OT| - Can Punks Catch as Catch Can Too?

Wrestling As Propaganda - an investigation into why and how wrestling tends to use hate of "others" to make money.

http://www.legitshook.com/blog/2016/9/1/pro-wrestling-as-propaganda

A few choice quotes, there are many videos on this to see the depths of which wrestling in general has sunk in the past and not-so-recent past.

There is MUCH more to this than just xenophobia - the author breaks down four specific ways people are "othered" and how wrestling makes its money off of it. I highly recommend giving it a read.

In particular, the "Effeminate Heels = Bad" heading.

Also, cism.

I may be wrong/misremembering, but I feel like Castle was meant to be a heel, and it was so OTT that it got over.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I may be wrong/misremembering, but I feel like Castle was meant to be a heel, and it was so OTT that it got over.

I agree with you, but I also don't keep up with ROH with any sort of regularity to see the shift and how it was done

Nekofrog

Banned
I watched a royal rumble last night randomly that had Edge surprise return to win after being out for an injury and the crowd pop was massive. I was on hiatus then, but if there's specific stuff to watch to see Edges run(s)at the top, what should it be?

Why is Darren Young in that legitshook article under the section about effeminate heels? He came out as gay but his character has never been about that.

Should've used Orlando Jordan in TNA

jordan-lotion.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Menome, I didn't know you were enjoying some industrial and death rock. If you'd like, I can make you a playlist if you use Spotify, or offer up some youtube links.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Why is Darren Young in that legitshook article under the section about effeminate heels? He came out as gay but his character has never been about that.

Should've used Orlando Jordan in TNA

jordan-lotion.gif

I don't know anyone well versed in Jordan's TNA run. Surely there's some here.

I watched a royal rumble last night randomly that had Edge surprise return to win after being out for an injury and the crowd pop was massive. I was on hiatus then, but if there's specific stuff to watch to see Edges run(s)at the top, what should it be?
Kinda hard to just point out but 2007-2008 when it's going into WM 24 is a must see. His feud with Cena after WM 22 as well.

Kinda hard to just point out but 2007-2008 when it's going into WM 24 is a must see. His feud with Cena after WM 22 as well.
These are the best Edge runs, for sure. IIRC, he was basically a face from winning the Rumble to his retirement, and he was never that great as a face.

Surely you mean Gall gets up like nothing happened and makes Punk tap.
Nah, Gall is a professional. He'll protect the business.

These are the best Edge runs, for sure. IIRC, he was basically a face from winning the Rumble to his retirement, and he was never that great as a face.

Nah, Gall is a professional. He'll protect the business.
Yeah honestly you couldn't make him a face, he was too much of a monster to go back. He was my boy and I supported him as a face too but it was so fake like Jericho earlier this year.

Yeah honestly you couldn't make him a face, he was too much of a monster to go back. He was my boy and I supported him as a face too but it was so fake like Jericho earlier this year.
Most def. Jericho felt so phony during his face run these past coupla years. His heel turn completely resurrected him. Maybe Finn will stop being so damn Vanilla if he turns heel.

Most def. Jericho felt so phony during his face run these past coupla years. His heel turn completely resurrected him. Maybe Finn will stop being so damn Vanilla if he turns heel.
Jericho is a heel for life, his small face run in the early 2K was good but when he came back to save the wwe, that shit was trash. Loved that he was back but that just wasn't him. Fucking Elmo and cookie monster references, wth?

As far as Finn going heel, well you're now looking at the new, "Roman needs to be heel" claim.

CrYKTFjVYAAOxJa.jpg

Is that Abyss?

Yeaaaaahhhhhhhh,

You can talk about Noelle but JoJo's the truth.

JoJo-WWE-7-e1452031586110.png

It's a shame she's taken.

Also, my favorite move is the SHOOTing Star Press.

And Canice LeRae is 10 X better than the Women's Division in both Raw and SD. That lady can take and dish bumps.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
oh no attractive women
If only it was that simple. We got motherfuckers in here saying they need a shower. What they NEED is to get some real life experience with some warm bodies first!

Top Bottom