• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin 2016 |OT| - Can Punks Catch as Catch Can Too?

https://twitter.com/SashaBanksWWE/status/772882714512928768

You shouldn't settle for what's expected. The Boss is gonna be on #Raw tonight and I got some bad news. #LegitBoss always ✌🏿️

ohdear-meme.jpg

Chuckle Brothers in a wrassleGAF thread, well I never. One of the greatest moments of my life was when I saw Barry Chuckle in Southend highstreet and shouted "TO ME!" at him and he shouted back "TO YOU!". Yep.

ROH don't come off particularly well here. They'll need the UK tour to be a success - looks like London might sell out. Liverpool will, as the building holds less than 200, but there's still a crazy number of tickets left for Leicester (perhaps £45 for seats 8 rows back is asking a bit too much).

gun_haver

uh if sasha was only gonna be off the show for like 3 weeks, why take the belt from her

just cos of summerslam? come on man.

well at least bayley is on the scene now. we got a three way on our hands, with sasha likely to turn heel somewhere into it. where does that leave charlotte? she's damn good too.

damn. too much top talent in the women's division. it's killin me.

Nah, "Kinda, I want" to has the greatest synth outro of all time.

Yeah it's pretty sweet. As far as PHM tracks go I'm more of a 'The Only Time' mark though.

So now KO is the latest champion to exist in the McMahon family saga's shadow, does that mean JeriKO is done?

Yeah it's pretty sweet. As far as PHM tracks go I'm more of a 'The Only Time' mark though.

So now KO is the latest champion to exist in the McMahon family saga's shadow, does that mean JeriKO is done?
With PHM, I have days where I'll switch on what's my favourite but in college I listened to KIWT so much that it almost became my favourite. I never understood how most if the NIN community hates it. It's such a devious song.

That ending run in "Ringfinger" is something serious too.

With PHM, I have days where I'll switch on what's my favourite but in college I listened to KIWT so much that it almost became my favourite. I never understood how most if the NIN community hates it. It's such a devious song.

That ending run in "Ringfinger" is something serious too.

Ringfinger with dat Jane's Addiction sample signifying shit is about to go down. Awwww c'mon c'mon..

I'm a huge Reznor mark, and the only song I struggle with on PHM these days is Something I Can Never Have, just because it's so overplayed. There is a song on the unofficial PHM demo album knocking around that's beyond unbearable though. It sounds like Pete Waterman produced it and you wouldn't be surprised if Rick Astley made a guest appearance, it's that bad.

Give me a sec and i'll track it down...

Found it. This fucking thing: https://youtu.be/J418kXOc62A

Ringfinger with dat Jane's Addiction sample signifying shit is about to go down. Awwww c'mon c'mon..

I'm a huge Reznor mark, and the only song I struggle with on PHM these days is Something I Can Never Have, just because it's so overplayed. There is a song on the unofficial PHM demo album knocking around that's beyond unbearable though. It sounds like Pete Waterman produced it and you wouldn't be surprised if Rick Astley made a guest appearance, it's that bad.

Give me a sec and i'll track it down...

Found it. This fucking thing: https://youtu.be/J418kXOc62A
Whhhhhhaaa! You don't care for SICNH? Wow, that's my favourite song of all time but I can't listen to it as much anymore because my life has changed drastically! I performed the song a talent show, the still version. My friend joked about me coming into the church for my wedding with the song playing lol!

I can't believe you really didn't like "Maybe just once", I've always haf a small place for it. My favourite part being the drums and the lyrics. I would love it if he came back to clean it up and release a mastered version of it.

NIN is my favourite right along with Tupac(really weird combination eh? But lots of anger!), I try to make it to a NIN concert or any of my favourite musician's concerts since many of them are either in their 50s or even higher!

I'm ready for some new music, even if it isn't heavy industrial like PHM or Year Zero, it's always good to hear his new thoughts through his music.

Let me ask, what do you think of "get down make love"? I've always kind of put that in the category with"maybe just once." And yes, I prefer it to the Queen version lol.

Hasney

I read the thread title Young Blacks Voice Skepticism on Hillary Clinton, Worrying Democrats as 'Young Bucks' and wondered why they were so influential in worrying democrats.

I'm going to sleep.

How many of my British brothers are staying up to watch Raw tonight?

No way. It was doable when Raw was two hours (and EASY when it was two hours and we'd switched to DST and the yanks hadn't), but it's not doable with three hours if I want to be awake during work the next day. It's like a super-boring PPV every monday.

Whhhhhhaaa! You don't care for SICNH? Wow, that's my favourite song of all time but I can't listen to it as much anymore because my life has changed drastically! I performed the song a talent show, the still version. My friend joked about me coming into the church for my wedding with the song playing lol!

I can't believe you really didn't like "Maybe just once", I've always haf a small place for it. My favourite part being the drums and the lyrics. I would love it if he came back to clean it up and release a mastered version of it.

NIN is my favourite right along with Tupac(really weird combination eh? But lots of anger!), I try to make it to a NIN concert or any of my favourite musician's concerts since many of them are either in their 50s or even higher!

I'm ready for some new music, even if it isn't heavy industrial like PHM or Year Zero, it's always good to hear his new thoughts through his music.

Let me ask, what do you think of "get down make love"? I've always kind of put that in the category with"maybe just once." And yes, I prefer it to the Queen version lol.

I like Get Down in a guilty pleasure kinda way. I don't hate SICNH BTW (we're acronyming the fuck out of Wrasslegaf tonight, Blue). I've just heard it a lot, and he still insists on playing it live whenever I see him (last time in '14... so fucking good though). I even flew to Milan to watch NIN just so I could see the Hesitation Marks tour that ripped off Talking Head's 'stop making sense' with the shadow play and minimalism. So damn good.

And to put that in context I was too lazy to travel twenty minutes by car to watch Kenny Omega or RVD do some indie shows a few months back.

What do you think of Ministry? Their first (europop sounding) album doesn't work for me, but I love Twitch. They were great before Al lost his mind and became the Keith Richards of Industrial music (as In, how is he alive?).

How many of my British brothers are staying up to watch Raw tonight?

I don't have Sky, so not me.

Oh yeah, what's your opinion on 'Everything'? I can tell he was aiming for Joy Division, or maybe The Cure's 'just like heaven', but I do die a bit inside whenever I hear that opening vocal.

Just to keep it on topic:

Billy_gunn.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I only have 4 wrestling shirts
vampirolucha.jpg

can't find a picture of it outside of this match
s-l300.jpg

screen-shot-2015-12-22-at-2-44-28-pm.png

this ones a little dead giveaway-y
Laparkexample.jpg

I would ironically rock a Natural Born Thrillers and Kronik shirt if I could find them. Mexico seems to be the best at producing safe wrestling shirts.

Only wrestling shirt I have is the white punk 5* one.

Problem is they tend to suck. That pentagon one looks decent though

someone should have made an above average mike sanders shirt. loved that guy

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/09/05/daniel-craig-reportedly-offered-150m-for-2-more-bond-films

ack in May, Craig reportedly turned down nearly $100 million to play Bond twice more. Now, according to Radar, Sony has upped that value to $150 million.

A source told Radar "the studio is desperate to secure the actor’s services while they phase in a younger long-term successor."

Daniel Craig said last year he'd "rather slash my wrists" than play Bond again, but Radar's source says Craig has "played a genius hand."

"Everyone knows how much executives adore him, and the idea of losing him at such a crucial time in the franchise isn’t an option as far as all the studio honchos are concerned," said the source.
Craig working Sony into a shoot.

Everything is pro wrestling.

Only wrestling shirt I have is the white punk 5* one.

Problem is they tend to suck. That pentagon one looks decent though

someone should have made an above average mike sanders shirt. loved that guy

The only one I ever owned was a Big Boss Man shirt. My auntie bought it for me for christmas in '91. As a big Warrior fan I wasn't impressed but pretended I was grateful.

I had a foam Hitman hand from my only live WWF event as well.

Hmmm, what would Craig's UFC 203 be in this analogy? Play a one-off villain in a Marvel film?

A villain who the company said will do multiple films, but all the insiders who have seen the film being shot say his acting's so bad he'll be one and done.

The only one I ever owned was a Big Boss Man shirt. My auntie bought it for me for christmas in '91. As a big Warrior fan I wasn't impressed but pretended I was grateful.

I had a foam Hitman hand from my only live WWF event as well.

Man, I remember all that stuff in the middle of the wwf magazine. Wanted everything, could afford nothing. Did you want the warrior arm streamers?

Looking back I wish they did Rude trousers. JYD, Jake's wife etc.

A villain who the company said will do multiple films, but all the insiders who have seen the film being shot say his acting's so bad he'll be one and done.

Man, I remember all that stuff in the middle of the wwf magazine. Wanted everything, could afford nothing. Did you want the warrior arm streamers?

Looking back I wish they did Rude trousers. JYD, Jake's wife etc.

Haha, yes! I really wanted those bloody arm streamers to wrap around my 11 year old 2.4" pythons brother.

A friend of mine had the Hitman shades, which I was pretty envious of while wearing my sad boss man shirt.

Can't wait to see Bayley be announced as the number one contender for the title tonight.

Ki1fdtE.gif

What's with these punks from NXT getting their asses kicked in their title rematches and then debuting straight to the main roster title scene.

#JusticeForSummerAndFoxy.

cordy

Banned
Since Cody Rhodes can't use the Rhodes title in TNA and ROH I wonder what they'll call him.

Hell, just call him "Cody" and you'll be good.

No way. It was doable when Raw was two hours (and EASY when it was two hours and we'd switched to DST and the yanks hadn't), but it's not doable with three hours if I want to be awake during work the next day. It's like a super-boring PPV every monday.
I'm always amazed at how you all do this shit anyhow. I remember back in the day a few of my friends did it(of course they were in their final grades or uni), and I questioned how they were able to stay attentive. Then again some of them would get wasted first thing in the morning. Bless Ben's heart lol.
I like Get Down in a guilty pleasure kinda way. I don't hate SICNH BTW (we're acronyming the fuck out of Wrasslegaf tonight, Blue). I've just heard it a lot, and he still insists on playing it live whenever I see him (last time in '14... so fucking good though). I even flew to Milan to watch NIN just so I could see the Hesitation Marks tour that ripped off Talking Head's 'stop making sense' with the shadow play and minimalism. So damn good.

And to put that in context I was too lazy to travel twenty minutes by car to watch Kenny Omega or RVD do some indie shows a few months back.

What do you think of Ministry? Their first (europop sounding) album doesn't work for me, but I love Twitch. They were great before Al lost his mind and became the Keith Richards of Industrial music (as In, how is he alive?).

I don't have Sky, so not me.

Oh yeah, what's your opinion on 'Everything'? I can tell he was aiming for Joy Division, or maybe The Cure's 'just like heaven', but I do die a bit inside whenever I hear that opening vocal.

Just to keep it on topic:

Billy_gunn.jpg
My parents didn't let me go to many concerts 😣, I didn't get to go to any until I got in high school but after that I went crazy. Sadly he didn't perform something I can never have at the last concert, at least I don't remember. You're fully dedicated, I wanted to go to the full playing of TDS just to hear "I do not want this" and "reptile" as the other songs you heard so much live!

As far as everything, it's probably my least listened track on Hesitation Marks, it's very fast. It reminds me of, "Not so pretty" but not as good lol.

I like Ministry, they're very weird but I liked their early stuff. Most people always refer to tool but I am in different to them. I respect them but I don't go crazy.

Menome

I also like NIN, but Pretty Hate Machine doesn't really get played much. I'm more of a The Fragile kind of guy. Love the updated versions of a couple of the songs on the And All That Could Have Been... live album though.

Top Bottom