• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shootmember 2 Wrasslin |OT| :Shoot from the Hip When in Heated Verbal Exchanges

slabrock

Banned
Don't worry, I'm sure Jerry Lawler will slither into his place

tenor.gif

don't even joke about that

Aiii

So not worth it
Don’t even watch anymore, but 4 minutes unto SummerSlam he already managed to annoy the shit out of me. Goodbye JBL, see you never.

Egg0

Banned
Have KO show up as the 3rd chair and be the best, but most annoying commentator to further the Shane feud.

Maybe they can use the WWE 2K Good Ol' JR voice samples they've been using recently on the Mae Young Classic and such. Sure wouldn't be worse than JBL.

RBH

Hot take:

Jerry Lawler was actually kinda decent during his most recent stint on commentary alongside Mauro on SmackDown. He sounded more rejuvenated and showed more flashes of his old Lawler from the 90's than he had in a long time

Modern JR is really really bad. Good luck, you'll need it

I watch Raw, Smackdown, and NXT weekly. I'm aware of how dire this all is, but I'd seriously take anyone over JBL. I was elated when Lawler retired, but I'd gladly take him over Bradshaw. Obviously Mauro would be ideal, but I doubt that's happening.

Looking forward to Smackdown with new commentator Percy Watson next week!

Hot take:

Jerry Lawler was actually kinda decent during his most recent stint on commentary alongside Mauro on SmackDown. He sounded more rejuvenated and showed more flashes of his old Lawler from the 90's than he had in a long time

Having a good partner would do that to a person.

JBL never seemed like a good fit for commentary. He would always shout nonsense and never really had any valuable inputs for any of the matches. He was just a vessel for Vinny Mac to say what whatever he wanted.

Remember friends, whoever replaces the cunt JBL will still be the mouthpiece for the cunt McMahon.

Glad to see that piece of shit leave though.

SilentMike03

Neo Member
The fact that JR can't meaningfully connect with anything he does the announcing on these days is sad.
I think part of it is that he isn't doing it every week, so he doesn't get really familiar with the story lines and performers. And from a couple of his podcasts I've heard, he talks about how he goes in without doing any research like it's a point of pride. It really hurts his work.

Okay, serious question, JBL's obviously a bully who gets buzzes from abusing people so why'd he leaving to do charity work?
It strikes me as something he's doing purely because of all the shit he's gotten about bullying. It's something he can point to as a defense. But if he's actually helping people, then good for him.

Top Bottom