• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shootmember 2 Wrasslin |OT| :Shoot from the Hip When in Heated Verbal Exchanges

Someone's trying to get some worked

tumblr_n050mzlqJ11sg99p0o1_500.png

Syder

I was a huge mark for all of Mick Foley's gimmicks as a kid. 11-12 year old me thought Dude Love was hilarious.

Dude Love is Foley's weirdest gimmick he ever done.
I was super young when Dude Love first appeared. Even though they explicitly talked about how Cactus Jack, Dude Love, Mankind and Mick Foley were one and the same it was too much to handle for my young little mark brain, I'd never seen a wrestler work two gimmicks simultaneously.

Anth0ny

I was super young when Dude Love first appeared. Even though they explicitly talked about how Cactus Jack, Dude Love, Mankind and Mick Foley were one and the same it was too much to handle for my young little mark brain, I'd never seen a wrestler work two gimmicks simultaneously.

My thought process was "wow Mankind is so cuuuuurrrrrAAAAAAAzzzzzzyyyyYYY that he has all these different personalities depending on his mood!"

still kinda feel the same tbh. Only Foley could pull it off.

Syder

My thought process was "wow Mankind is so cuuuuurrrrrAAAAAAAzzzzzzyyyyYYY that he has all these different personalities depending on his mood!"

still kinda feel the same tbh. Only Foley could pull it off.
Many guys can't pull off a promo half as good as Foley can for multiple personas.

The segment when he brought back Cactus Jack to the Triple H feud in 2000 was so great and the promo has a special place in my heart.

Do any of you shooters wanna shoot with me and do the Destino 2 Nightfall? Can't find my mic so we don't have to talk. Just wanna shoot.

PSN: DrDuncanSteel

Hunter w/265 Light!

GgchQWS.gif

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The anime thread is posting the signs at Raw, which is confusing the fuck out of me whether I'm posting weird anime reviews in the wrasslin' thread.

They're also confused that there's overlap in fandom between wrestling and anime, which I don't get. No shit there's overlap.

klonere

Banned
I started listening to Keep it 2000 and my god it all happens 3 weeks into WCW 2000.

- Jarrett gets concussed by the Superfly Splash from the top of the cage and is unable to wrestle the three matches he was scheduled to on Sunday (after wrestling three matches on that Nitro)

- Bret has his last ever match, a typical zero build world title match main event against Nash that is an absolute clusterfuck. He has to vacate the title after the results of his MRI come in.

- Russo suggests a 20 man rumble with Tank Abbott winning. This leads to his removal as head booker and his refusal to work with a larger creative committee. He leaves to be replaced by Nash, Sullivan and others.

- With the old regime in place, many of the wrestlers who suffered in that structure demand their releases, citing an unsafe working environment which WCW are forced to let them go. The Radicalz debut on Raw the next week.

Fuck anime. The only true crossover fandom of True Friends is Twin Peaks/Wrestling.

Nobody knows if a shoot is a shoot or a work is a work or if a worked shoot is a shoot that is being worked or vice verse.

Top Bottom