• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shootmember 2 Wrasslin |OT| :Shoot from the Hip When in Heated Verbal Exchanges

Sephzilla

Not necessarily on GAF, but I'm seeing an alarming amount of people use the Firewatch devs DMCAing PewDiePie as a way to backhand defend a racist. Pretty sad.

Sephzilla

huh? how?

Just shit like "he doesn't deserve to be DMCA'd over this" and "this is an abuse of the Youtube system". And I'm just sitting here going "the system's been abused for years now, why are you now concerned about it because it's being used against a racist?"

Not necessarily on GAF, but I'm seeing an alarming amount of people use the Firewatch devs DMCAing PewDiePie as a way to backhand defend a racist. Pretty sad.

Scumbags.

Same with these "a word is just a word" types. I studied linguistics as part of my degree and people seem to assume because a "word" or "name" is an abstraction or phonetic sequence at its base level that it means a word is entirely irrelevant of meaning. Its just.. not true at all and leads to a kind of reductio ad absurdum.

The world is a persistent nightmare in most ways.

Sephzilla

Jesus Christ. That Pewdiepie thread.

1 OwensIsNow
2 Beefy
3 Bronx-Mark
4 sf2jabronie
5 Zach

Talent pool is pretty thin tbh

d6MszPy.gif

imBask

Banned
Just shit like "he doesn't deserve to be DMCA'd over this" and "this is an abuse of the Youtube system". And I'm just sitting here going "the system's been abused for years now, why are you now concerned about it because it's being used against a racist?"

oh

I mean people have been complaining about youtube's system forever (because it is a terrible system) so you're kinda assuming those people didn't care about it before that, but I understand that this discussion is a little weird in that context and could definitely send the wrong message. Or it could straight up just be defense for PewDiePie too

i'm kinda trying to detach both issues in my head but I feel ya, it's not the place to debate that really

Sephzilla

So is letting Cena dump on Roman WWE latest qttempt to get roman over?

What is this attempt #374

Vince should change his name to Wile E coyote

Roman's going to beat Cena so clean in the middle of the ring that the match will be sponsored by Mr Clean, and then after the match Cena will raise Roman's arm in front of the Cenation. Backstage, Vince will be like "this is it, the fans will finally accept Roman"

Then, the following night on Raw, Roman will grab a mic and be like

3e9fcd34fbbac217f70df8848d5a1059_crop_north.jpg

My time is now

Zach

I watched the first two Mae Young Classic matches. I expected worse commentary from all your yelling, WrassleGAF Universe. It's passable. I'm enjoying the tournament thus far. Did I see that the finale is tonight? I'll probably watch that live, even though I won't be anywhere near caught up.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I watched the first two Mae Young Classic matches. I expected worse commentary from all your yelling, WrassleGAF Universe. It's passable. I'm enjoying the tournament thus far. Did I see that the finale is tonight? I'll probably watch that live, even though I won't be anywhere near caught up.

It's bad. Keep watchin.

How about that Rhea Ripley, pal.

Hasney

Raw attendance last night, apparently taken during the second TV match

DJfAmKDXgAAkoGS

In the spirit of #positivity, at least it's holding the live attendance better than Smackdown.

It is a good line.

Also, artisan cheese fucking rules. I wish WWE Network was as delicious.

I am almost constantly sad that we can't get unpasteurized cheese here in Australia.

All I want is unpasteurized Brie cheese and I will happily stumble off a bridge. I don't have quite enough money to go to France though.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Raw attendance last night, apparently taken during the second TV match

DJfAmKDXgAAkoGS

In the spirit of #positivity, at least it's holding the live attendance better than Smackdown.

Crazy. Almost as if nobody wants to sit on the hard camera side, but would instead be seen on TV

Beefy

The commentary is wack

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I think I'd prefer to sit on the hard cam side, that way you don't have stage lights right in your eyes for most of the show and you aren't looking at backsides for every promo

No thanks, gotta be on tee-vee to show off my south park wrestlers signs

Remember when there wouldn't be a choice and you'd have to sit hard cam, 3rd tier (that is currently curtained off)?

Yes, wrestling was more popular.

WWE probably know Cena is both on his way out and more respected by internet types or smarks or whatever these days so don't mind him saying what he says. Roman is still money for kids and if he completely broke kayfabe and said whatever, his money marks would probably be confused and might inhibit his merch sales or whatever.

Or, their writers and directors are shit and nobody knows what they are doing. I don't know which.

Anth0ny

So is letting Cena dump on Roman WWE latest qttempt to get roman over?

What is this attempt #374

Vince should change his name to Wile E coyote

Everyone Cena buried in the past got crowd support, surely it'll work for Reigns!

the ppv match will be the first crowd that is 100% for cena in the last decade

klonere

Banned
I am determined to do a NOAH the Reborn catch before the big show they have this week.

Whether or not I accomplish that goal is how much I can stand a nearly silent 800 person KHall crowd.

Top Bottom