• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shootmember 2 Wrasslin |OT| :Shoot from the Hip When in Heated Verbal Exchanges

Anth0ny

the only styles wwe matches I remember are the ones with cena, and the one with shane because everyone thought it would be awful and it ended up being ok

AJs whole title run was pretty much great. Had good matches with the big dog, carried Dean to a decent match or two.

It was definitely the best wrestling wwe has seen in a while.

SilentMike03

Neo Member
I think they're wasting an opportunity with AJ doing the US Open Challenge. They should let him go out there and get guys over by putting on damn good matches. Gable got a little bit of a rub from his match, but they dropped the ball after that.

lmao, Bully Ray taking partial credit for Tanahashi, Naito and Okada;

lba1ybc.jpg

Tana was already IWGP champion, Naito did train at the 3D academy on his excursion so I guess we'll let that slide, and I think the only thing Okada learned that he didn't know already was "holy shit, TNA's a fucking joke".

Pikma

Banned
You will never get any memorable and technically extraordinaire matches in WWE because Vince for some reason is always pairing up up and coming good workers with guys like Orton, Ziggler, Cena, Reigns, Ambrose, Wyatt and now Jinder as well, all of whom are average at best. At best.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I think the only real wrestling school that has the most prestige would be Lance Storm's. I can't think of anyone else I'd rather go to if I had any choice available.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Daniel Bryan accidentally ruined Mark Henry and Batista. Damn shame.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
lmao, Bully Ray taking partial credit for Tanahashi, Naito and Okada;

lba1ybc.jpg

Tana was already IWGP champion, Naito did train at the 3D academy on his excursion so I guess we'll let that slide, and I think the only thing Okada learned that he didn't know already was "holy shit, TNA's a fucking joke".

I have no idea how you would even define "most successful wrestling school" but I would have to imagine WWE's in-house school or one of NJPW's dojos would probably be the right answer (assuming you're not talking about Verne Gagne or the Dungeon or something else that no longer exists).

Chucky the good guy doll just showed up via satellite feed on Nitro 161 to interrupt Rick Steiner being interviewed by Mean Gene.

Let the good times roll!

THE GUY

Banned
Daniel Bryan accidentally ruined Mark Henry and Batista. Damn shame.
I read somewhere that Batista was being considered for the Hall of Fame next year. Therefore I'm hoping he returns to win the Royal Rumble and win the WWE title at WM34. Maybe beat up AJ Styles. Plus, if it's Batista/Styles, they can actually allow that to headline over Reigns/Brock without it feeling weird. It's the goddamn Batista.

Washington Post's story is up

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...cripted-rant-has-fans-chanting-thats-too-far/

WWE's response
Of that, however, one can’t be too sure. When reached for comment, WWE said in a statement, “Just like many other TV shows or movies, WWE creates programming with fictional personalities that cover real world issues and sensitive subjects.”

Separating creative from corporate, WWE added, echoing nearly verbatim what it said following the Hogan scandal, “As a producer of such TV shows, WWE Corporate is committed to embracing and celebrating individuals from all backgrounds as demonstrated by the diversity of our employees, performers and fans worldwide.”

Zach

Chucky the good guy doll just showed up via satellite feed on Nitro 161 to interrupt Rick Steiner being interviewed by Mean Gene.

Let the good times roll!
That was one of the biggest "maybe I should stop watching wrestling" moments for me. I'm ashamed just thinking about it. >_>

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I read somewhere that Batista was being considered for the Hall of Fame next year. Therefore I'm hoping he returns to win the Royal Rumble and win the WWE title at WM34. Maybe beat up AJ Styles. Plus, if it's Batista/Styles, they can actually allow that to headline over Reigns/Brock without it feeling weird. It's the goddamn Batista.

Don't tease me like this. My dreams!

Sounds exactly like what I expected. Zach and I disagreed earlier on how fictional we want wrassles to be - what's everyone else think?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's not about what I want. It's about what wrestling actually is.
Well, we disagreed no matter what! I see it as more performance and characters, you saw it more as reality based. I'm curious how everyone else feels. It also depends on the promotion, too.

Anth0ny

apparently after his son died, ric flair would go to bars and drink from 11am til closing

i don't even understand how that is physically possible

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So, here's the problem I have with Jinder's promo. It felt mean spirited, and wasn't clearly his character simply being wrong and holding a misguided viewpoint, or something egotistical. It was simply bad people doing bad things.

I'm all for bad characters, bad villains, but like the crowd, I feel like he went way too far in the wrong direction, and it was pretty gross.

Foggy

Normally I'm ok with art that unflinchingly has their villains do villainous things, including being baldly racist. Most of the time though, a given piece doesn't have the history that the WWE has. Their history has been smothered and covered in racially driven humor, so any benefit of the doubt that would have been afforded was exhausted a long time ago.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Alright, I went ahead and made the thread. Wonder what non-wrassle fans think as well.

SilentMike03

Neo Member
I was dubious about the Black/Velveteen Dream program, but after seeing that promo I'm actually kind of excited about it. It's definitely a fine line they'll be walking with it and I hope they pull it off.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I was dubious about the Black/Velveteen Dream program, but after seeing that promo I'm actually kind of excited about it. It's definitely a fine line they'll be walking with it and I hope they pull it off.

I believe that Velveteen Dream and Otis Dozovic both have incredible potential.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Wai also said Christy Hemme wasn't sexually harassed in any way by Austin Aries. He's not always right, for sure.

Top Bottom