• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shootmember 2 Wrasslin |OT| :Shoot from the Hip When in Heated Verbal Exchanges

Syder

Yup!
- Not sure on this one but it looks like they blew air into its mouth and it would cause it to crap instantly.
I told you all wrestlers are bad.
image.cid2_.gif

klonere

Banned
Kento's entrance at the first Ouduo show is fucking great. What a star. Makes the promotion feel so much bigger than it actually is (and I say this as someone who really loves AJPW rn)

Omega is on all US dates of the ROH tour and is defending against Yoshi in Chicago

Gross but cool for non Chicagoans (and kind of shady to sell that event on his name but whatever)

Poor Chicago. You get Kenny you get an IWGP US title match.... and the challenger is the man charisma forgot

Foggy

Kenny had a good match last year with Yoshi Hashi. I don't blame anyone for not being enthused, but it'll be a good match that'll be even better live.

meltz said wwf was furious over that ep of being the elite lol.

I assume it was showing that people were getting free tickets because of bad attendance, he predicted they might not be happy about that earlier.

Kenny had a good match last year with Yoshi Hashi. I don't blame anyone for not being enthused, but it'll be a good match that'll be even better live.

I mean

I wish at least YOSHI HASHI would be enthused. He always looks like he doesn't even want to be there. His title challenge was so bloody low energy it was ridiculous.

Sephzilla

I assume it was showing that people were getting free tickets because of bad attendance, he predicted they might not be happy about that earlier.

i would fucking laugh if this was true, considering the obvious parallels to the old DX/WCW invasion segment

anyone who's watched that Being The Elite ep, is this true?

Pikma

Banned

I mean

I wish at least YOSHI HASHI would be enthused. He always looks like he doesn't even want to be there. His title challenge was so bloody low energy it was ridiculous.
Lmao so it has begun

How long until they pull a TNA and start paying people to attend their shows

It's like if WWE advertised a big match for AJ Styles and instead of say Nakamura they got Dolph Ziggler.

Match will be fine, good even but damn if that's not like getting Dolph Ziggler

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
NFL ratings next week will probably be higher than ever. Same effect as when people say they're done with WWE, then the Network subs go up.

Foggy

Yoshihashi>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>a turd>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ziggler

^That

It helps that we already know they have a good match in them, as opposed to Cody vs Okada. Still, if you're an RoH fan, you take what they can give you. In excel's example, the fans would've had to have been completely delusional if they thought they were getting an AJ-caliber matchup.

Besides, anything better than mediocre would have to be a big win. It's not like any past RoH/NJPW crossovers stateside have lit anyone on fire. Kenny does have a better track record of delivering than most when working stateside and that includes guys like Shibata and Ishii.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

I just listened to this, and all he said is that it made WWE look uncool, that's all

^That

It helps that we already know they have a good match in them, as opposed to Cody vs Okada. Still, if you're an RoH fan, you take what they can give you. In excel's example, the fans would've had to have been completely delusional if they thought they were getting an AJ-caliber matchup.

Besides, anything better than mediocre would have to be a big win. It's not like any past RoH/NJPW crossovers stateside have lit anyone on fire. Kenny does have a better track record of delivering than most when working stateside and that includes guys like Shibata and Ishii.

Again though if NJPW wants to expand and grow in the US they shouldn't send their B graded players as challengers.

Foggy

Yoshi-Hashi was really disappointing in the G1, not sure he had a single match worth watching with anyone.

It was especially disappointing since he had a semi-breakout G1 the prior year. The only true blue disappointment to me was SANADA. Maybe he knew that EVIL was getting the big push or maybe he's more uneven in singles matches than we thought. His matches against Tana last year were great, but this year there wasn't much of a spark. Too bad.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
This assumes Vince even knows it happened. I'm sure HHH does, but I'm guessing he doesn't give a fuck as long as they don't actually try to get WWE dudes on camera or something.

i would fucking laugh if this was true, considering the obvious parallels to the old DX/WCW invasion segment

anyone who's watched that Being The Elite ep, is this true?

Just watched it and found it:

https://youtu.be/SngRskLscAw?t=7m38s

I just listened to this, and all he said is that it made WWE look uncool, that's all

I'm not talking about WOR (that was 12 hours ago), he said it on the board a couple of hours ago. He said he was wrong, as he thought they would just laugh it off.

Lol.

Syder

It was especially disappointing since he had a semi-breakout G1 the prior year. The only true blue disappointment to me was SANADA. Maybe he knew that EVIL was getting the big push or maybe he's more uneven in singles matches than we thought. His matches against Tana last year were great, but this year there wasn't much of a spark. Too bad.
Sanada still had some great matches though, I think audiences are really into him, his time will come

Major disappointment that he's still wearing his G1 gear, it's terrible lol

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
This assumes Vince even knows it happened. I'm sure HHH does, but I'm guessing he doesn't give a fuck as long as they don't actually try to get WWE dudes on camera or something.

Would you feel it's something you'd want to bring to his attention?

"Hey Vince, Dusty's son Cody (the little one) and some kids from Hot Topic are here trying to film a Youtube show"

Nah, I think I'll just let it go

I'm not talking about WOR(that was 12 hours ago), he said it on the board a couple of hours ago. He said he was wrong, as he thought they would just laugh it off.

Oh yeah? Color me surprised!

Egg0

Banned

For the most part, I liked SANADA's showing in the G1.

The new mask on the otherhand was/is ASSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Foggy

Again though if NJPW wants to expand and grow in the US they shouldn't send their B graded players as challengers.

Something tells me 90% of the people watching want to watch their Hot Topic hero squash someone. At the end of the day, it's a drop in the bucket. Whatever plans they have, it doesn't and shouldn't involve RoH in any real capacity.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Seph why have you gone all gold like skeletor

THEY'RE TRYING TO BE COOL SUNNY

WHY WON'T YOU LET THEM BE COOL

but...that is cool

I mean the Deadpool shirts referencing food ain't too cool on the nerd totem but

Seth Freakin' Rollins shirts

Something tells me 90% of the people watching want to watch their Hot Topic hero squash someone. At the end of the day, it's a drop in the bucket. Whatever plans they have, it doesn't and shouldn't involve RoH in any real capacity.

Yeah true.

I guess I should be happy I don't watch ROH that much so it means they'll probably have a better challenger for his next defense in Japan... which I will be watching

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I mean, I don't know who they are kidding but if the idea is to make Bullet Club cool they don't want Cody in it because it comes off super lame right now.

Top Bottom