• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shootmember 2 Wrasslin |OT| :Shoot from the Hip When in Heated Verbal Exchanges

Neither do you as they haven't posted sales numbers other than 'sales went well'.

Dude come on.

Hot Topic again literally after a month put their shirts in every store across North America After they initially only had them at specific outlets.

Are you seriously going to pretend we can't know that it has been massively successful?

Cagey

Banned
I've never seen a WWE shirt in real life. I wanted to go to Mania one of these days though, but I think I'll skip that while Trump is in office. Shame since I get the feeling the next couple could be pretty great. Roster is much better now than it was a few years ago.

All I own now is the Andre tee that FE's leaner brother helped advertise.

ANDRE_f63996dc-40fc-4675-9aba-4b97fea8640d_large.jpg

Stay classic, stay safe.

Hex

Banned
I've seen one Bullet Club shirt IRL

I've seen more Enzo shirts IRL

I feel bad for the areas that you frequent then....just saying.
Or wait , I believe it goes "How ya doin'"

Most NXT shows are 60% Bullet Club or New Japan shirts of some kind.
At WWE Raw and Smacdown there is one in almost every audience shot.

A whole lot of fucking denial up in here.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
We don't know that it means anything specifically money-wise though.

They sold it within in days several times at the start.

It went from just a pilot project to every store across North America after like a month.

It caused Hot Topic to make a deal to sell an LIJ shirt

I've been to several stores and all of them tell me that the BC shirts are basically some of their top selling merch.

This has been a massive success
But I don't like those guys so nah

YASS, the lineup for the PROGRESS mini tournament is doooope, everyone I would have wanted pretty much from the "about to break out" level of the Women's BritWres scene.

DKlrn9IV4AMyWLL.jpg:small

Welp, Alex Windsor just (re?)injured her knee. She was the nailed on winner as far as I was concerned, so assuming she's replaced, makes this tourney even more interesting than it was.

Foggy

You'd have to be delusional or have a weird axe to grind to not give the Bucks and Omega credit for making BC a bigger cash cow than it's ever been. Even the Being the Elite videos are pulling 100k+ viewers on the regular. That kind of exposure and that kind of grassroots popularity is pretty wild because it's just two brothers making videos with some of their friends in the business. It's unprecedented. I know it's fun to mock the WWE for trumpeting their social media figures, but it's only that way because they're declining or stagnant in all other metrics. For a couple wrestlers though, that's unheard of outside of the WWE marketing machine and you'd have to willfully delusional to think that it hasn't had a massive effect on merch sales for them.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
NJPW is dumb if they want to expand into the US for the same reasons Meltzer has pointed out several times (e.g. they should focus on where they are popular and not try and move into competitive markets), but also because it just means they don't get wrestling isn't cool and that there's no way a bunch of youtube dorks are going to make wrestling cool again.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Dont worry, I'm sure there will be a segment with Cena and Hogan in WWE.

I think even Cena would protect his brand and say no.

I'm willing to bet on it. This isn't some foolish bet like I did last time, either.

We don't know that it means anything specifically money-wise though.

It means they sell well.

What so you mean we don't know what it means.

Btw Cody basically personally thanked the Bucks and referenced the Hot Topuc deal as a reason as to why he's making more money now then when he was in WWE

. I feel I was excited at the thought that I could do something for the Bullet Club and perhaps provide them a different demographic, but the truth is the Bullet Club has done more for me. I don't know why, that's the power of the Young Bucks, if that makes any sense. Being the Elite is such a great show and it's such a good opportunity to show folks a different side of yourself and perhaps the real side of yourself. Me being able to piggyback off their watershed deal with Hot Topic and being able to be in stores, I honestly don't do it, but I should call them every morning and say thank you very much for making it so I'm making more money on my own schedule than I was with the biggest wrestling company in the world. Being part of the Bullet Club has done more for me than I have done for the Bullet Club

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news...-rhodes-on-making-more-money-now-than-in-wwe/

Angry Grimace

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I would bet on it, but there's no end date other than one of them dying for me. If WWE forgives him, then Cena will too.

Man, I disagree, but there's only one answer until they die, and that ends up with me losing another bet.

How about in the next year? If Cena does anything involving Hogan in a WWE capacity, I'll shit in my hat.

You'd have to be delusional or have a weird axe to grind to not give the Bucks and Omega credit for making BC a bigger cash cow than it's ever been. Even the Being the Elite videos are pulling 100k+ viewers on the regular. That kind of exposure and that kind of grassroots popularity is pretty wild because it's just two brothers making videos with some of their friends in the business. It's unprecedented. I know it's fun to mock the WWE for trumpeting their social media figures, but it's only that way because they're declining or stagnant in all other metrics. For a couple wrestlers though, that's unheard of outside of the WWE marketing machine and you'd have to willfully delusional to think that it hasn't had a massive effect on merch sales for them.

Yep.

I mean these guys literally have their merch sitting in the same column as shirts from the only truly major North American Corporate Wrestling giant.

At Hot Topic Bucks/Omega/Cody are on the same level as WWE. That's fucking nuts.

Angry Grimace

There's no way Cena would appear with Hogan at this point. Cena's own brand is worth more to him than doing whatever horseshit Vince wants him to do.

Man, I disagree, but there's only one answer until they die, and that ends up with me losing another bet.

How about in the next year? If Cena does anything involving Hogan in a WWE capacity, I'll shit in my hat.
Did Cena do anything with Hogan when he was there last? I just remember Rock, Stone Cold, and a lot of network shillinh.

I'm speaking more to the idea that they should push forward with NJPW expansion because some tshirts sell well.

Who the hell was talking about that?!

That has nothing to do with how successful the Hot Topic deal has been for Bucks/Omega/Cosy/Scurll.

I mean guys Marty Scurll has a tshirt in just about every outlet if a North American wide retail store thanks to what the Bucks/Omega pulled off... Marty Scurll.

excelsiorlef has slapped me in the face with a tuna today.

What does that even mean.

Hasney

Nah, I think Hogan will be back for Mania 35 and not this one. Still just a little too much heat for the employers of Michael Hayes.

Recall

Before it becomes a cool thing to do I just want to share that I think Gabe Sapolsky is terrible at what he does and his "fingers in ears, I'm not listening" nature shows how one dimensional he and his booking really is.

Ever since September 2006 I've despised him. Just getting that off my chest.

*reads the rest of the thread*

What the fuck are you guys doing?

Who the hell was talking about that?!

That has nothing to do with how successful the Hot Topic deal has been for Bucks/Omega/Cosy/Scurll.

I mean guys Marty Scurll has a tshirt in just about every outlet if a North American wide retail store thanks to what the Bucks/Omega pulled off... Marty Scurll.

What does that even mean.
Is Hot Topic a big deal in Canada?

Again though if NJPW wants to expand and grow in the US they shouldn't send their B graded players as challengers.

NJPW send Suzuki and RoH gave us a D grade match with Cody. Honestly, if NJPW wants to expand in the US RoH is not the platform to do it, so until they establish a base of operation in the USA sending B-C grade players to RoH is a good use of their talent.

Heroman

Banned
My wrestle kingdom prediction.
Kenny omega loses to yoshi
Isbusi beats tana for the ic belt
Ibusi vs Kenny at the dome for the ic belt

Okads naito fkr the iwgp belt.
Tana vs Suzuki for the never belt

what is that?

Repo Man avatars everywhere!

basically.

Fuck it. Lethal Lottery will go live right now. There ARE rules.

Lethal Lottery Rules

What you need to enter:
- An avatar, wrestling-related, to add to the pool - make it yourself or outsource it, whatever - make sure it's formatted right. I won't be editing images for you.
- A PM sent to me, Vince McMahon, declaring your intent and linking the avatar to add to the pool.

What you need to do:
On December 20th, the pool is FINALIZED and we'll draw numbers. I will rename each avatar to a numbered version, and we'll post (thanks to random.org) a list of who gets what and post it. You then must change your avatar THAT DAY. No complaints, no whining, just do it. You cannot trade with others. You can submit the most cringeworthy or AWESOME avatar ever. You can only submit ONE avatar.

After the Carnies are announced this year (right after Xmas, before the new year) you can go back to whatever avatar you like.

Let's do THIS?!

EDIT: I talked to an admin, anyone who welches on this bet will be juniored permanently. Awesome!

Top Bottom