• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shootmember 2 Wrasslin |OT| :Shoot from the Hip When in Heated Verbal Exchanges

gun_haver

jesus christ dolph coming out mocking naomi's hair knowing what we know about his political proliclivities

what the fuck are they thinking

orioto

Good Art™
Why are they building up next week better than most PPVs? Why is it suddenly so important?

Yeah i was confused at how that Shane/Owens story went from nice little Hell in a Cell feud to Wrestlemania main event build in one show. It's way more important than it was one week before.

Also something else is weird. Owens against Shane is a natural heel (except when he keep interrupting other heel promos..) , but Owens against the McMahons, that makes him the face..

But he's clearly the heel and he wants to make Brian life a hell to..

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Nigel beginning his 205 Live tenure with a zinger.

"A fatal 5 way with 4 of the top cruiserweights in the world and Enzo Amore".

Why are they building up next week better than most PPVs? Why is it suddenly so important?

Ever since the brand split, SmackDown has done this a lot. Most of these shows end up to actually feel like big events, so I'll probably tune in if next week is one of these.

Edit: Last year's Wild Card show that had 3 title matches plus THE RETURN OF JOHN CENA was more eventful than most PPVs.
Also forgot the MYC finals are that week too, so at least they're TRYING to get some hype for that.

cordy

Banned
Just saw that Ziggler promo and I wanted to punch him through the screen. Fucking horrible man. Ziggler's a bitch. He's a former world champion complaining about fans not liking him and complaining about not doing anything in the company and yet he still gets cheers and he's been employed for 13 fucking years.

What a bitch.

Wagram

Why would they do AJ vs. Dillinger next week for the belt when he literally jobbed out in seconds last week?

CREATIVE GENIUS!

gun_haver

what is this about dolph

he was doing this whole 'i'm above gimmicks' bit and as part of it he comes out mimicking naomi's entrance, so they give him a neon greeen dread wig except, for some reason, it also has a bald spot, and he flips his hair around like a jackass making it look as stupid as possible.

and even if it was a guy people liked, this would be kind of bullshit, but fucking dolph ziggler the alt-right cunt? god damn.

Why would they do AJ vs. Dillinger next week for the belt when he literally jobbed out in seconds last week?

CREATIVE GENIUS!

Well the idea of that match was that Tye made dumb mistakes because he was attacked by Corbin and was rushing to finish the match before Corbin interfered again. Hence him going for his finisher two seconds in and it hurting him.

So the idea of this one is that it's a straight up match. No BS.

But yeah, no logic here. lol

gun_haver

Thinking back on it, would Val Venis be a suitable member of DX back in the day?

sure, his gimmick was in line with that. his career might have had a better trajectory if he had gotten in with them too, he was always a good worker. some good matches in old val's vault. but i guess they didn't like him that much backstage.

Velcro Fly

he was doing this whole 'i'm above gimmicks' bit and as part of it he comes out mimicking naomi's entrance, so they give him a neon greeen dread wig except, for some reason, it also has a bald spot, and he flips his hair around like a jackass making it look as stupid as possible.

and even if it was a guy people liked, this would be kind of bullshit, but fucking dolph ziggler the alt-right cunt? god damn.

dang didn't know dolph was one of them alt-right people. gross

Survivor Series was scheduled for Houston TX this year. I was planning on going. wondering if they'll change plans. "Survivor" anything in Houston atm would be a tad tone deaf.

We'll see.

Dolph's gimmick for as long as I remember is whinging about not getting the spot he deserves because he's the best wrestler in the world when he's clearly terrible.

Tonight was no different.

Dolph's gimmick for as long as I remember is whinging about not getting the spot he deserves because he's the best wrestler in the world when he's clearly terrible.

Tonight was no different.
It used to be that the fans did it for him when he wasn't on TV at all

That was using Dolph properly TBH

RBH

Survivor Series was scheduled for Houston TX this year. I was planning on going. wondering if they'll change plans. "Survivor" anything in Houston atm would be a tad tone deaf.

We'll see.
They should change it to War Games!

6.jpg

cordy

Banned
My whole issue with Ziggler's gimmick is this.

Let's look at Ziggler's last year...Ziggler...

- You're the guy who they used to test the "New Kid on the Block" Corbin when he first moved up
- You're the guy wrestled for the world title at Summerslam a year ago
- You're the guy who had a great feud with Miz for the IC title afterwards
- You're the guy who straight flattened Apollo and Kalisto, to great young stars, in 1 feud at the SAME. DAMN. TIME!
- You're the guy they put in the ring with Nakamura, to see if he had what it takes, and you somehow found a way to dominate him for most of the match and most of the feud itself. Nakamura, a former NXT world champion who just beat Cena and Orton clean.

You then go away and come back with this "I'm not appreciated by you fans and I'm not doing anything in the company" gimmick. You're a former world/US/IC champion who somehow still gets cheers 13 years into his WWE career and the fact there's bitching now? Kane never bitched. Show never bitched.

I don't buy this "gimmick" but it's not even a gimmick because he's been complaining on social media and interviews for years, they're just turning that into his actual real character now.

He's like one of those people that gets so many advantages but complains.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Gran Metalik and Cedric Alexander got a this is awesome chant out of the crowd in a 205 live match.

Now a holy shit chant.

Cagey

Banned
My whole issue with Ziggler's gimmick is this.

Let's look at Ziggler's last year...Ziggler...

- You're the guy who they used to test the "New Kid on the Block" Corbin when he first moved up
- You're the guy wrestled for the world title at Summerslam a year ago
- You're the guy who had a great feud with Miz for the IC title afterwards
- You're the guy who straight flattened Apollo and Kalisto, to great young stars, in 1 feud at the SAME. DAMN. TIME!
- You're the guy they put in the ring with Nakamura, to see if he had what it takes, and you somehow found a way to dominate him for most of the match and most of the feud itself. Nakamura, a former NXT world champion who just beat Cena and Orton clean.

You then go away and come back with this "I'm not appreciated by you fans and I'm not doing anything in the company" gimmick. You're a former world/US/IC champion who somehow still gets cheers 13 years into his WWE career and the fact there's bitching now? Kane never bitched. Show never bitched.

I don't buy this "gimmick" but it's not even a gimmick because he's been complaining on social media and interviews for years, they're just turning that into his actual real character now.

He's like one of those people that gets so many advantages but complains.
Dolph's White Privilege gimmick is just turning Nick Nemeth up from 9 to 11 for TV. It could work.

Top Bottom