• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Should I Hold On To These Games?

So I have some games that I barely play and figured that I might not ever play, plus I need to make room (and cash) for some upcoming releases. But... maybe I should hold on to them. I don't know, you guys tell me... should I part or stick with...

Dragon Quarter - I don't dig RPGs, but I give anything a shot if it's good enough. Hell, I'm thinking of getting Star Ocean if that's any indication. Basically, I'll give anything a shot if it's worth it, though thus far (I've only played it for about 30 minutes) I'm bored.

Clock Tower 3 - It's not bad, but a bit boring. Does Scissor Man show up later on?

Shinobi - I can't seem to grasp the controls, plus I recall getting totally schooled by the helicopter boss for some reason. But instead of continuing, I just turned the game off.

Any insight would be much appreciated.

I think Dragon Quarter's fantastic, but definitely not for players who do not like very intense games. Better to sell the games or give them to someone who will enjoy them if you have not had any fun with them. There is never a reason to make a chore out gaming, which should just be fun.

Diomedeskun said:
I think Dragon Quarter's fantastic, but definitely not for players who do not like very intense games. Better to sell the games or give them to someone who will enjoy them if you have not had any fun with them. There is never a reason to make a chore out gaming, which should just be fun.

Good advice, but I hear the story is really good. Or is this the game where you have to repeat the same adventure over and over? Would a RPG novice be able to appreciate the little details?

Teddman

Nah. Trade them all in, there's got to be a big title this Fall that you'd be better off playing instead with the credit.

Look at it this way: There's a reason you haven't bothered to play them yet.

Teddman said:
Nah. Trade them all in, there's got to be a big title this Fall that you'd be better off playing instead with the credit.

Look at it this way: There's a reason you haven't bothered to play them yet.

Wise words indeed.

Well I'm playing Shinobi one last time and I'm not liking it. I hate the controls, among other things. And I'm not a graphics whore, but they suck.

But how about the sequel? Is it worth picking up? Is it an improvement at all?

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
FortNinety said:
But how about the sequel? Is it worth picking up? Is it an improvement at all?

If you don't like Shinobi, why would you waste your time with the less heralded sequel?

No, the answers no.

Musashi Wins! said:
If you don't like Shinobi, why would you waste your time with the less heralded sequel?

No, the answers no.

Well, I sorta figured they might have fixed the controls.

Also, this seems to be a case in which "it's just me". I recall the game getting poor press, but no one seem to dwell on the controls. Hell, IGN even called it "innovative". I simply cannot get anywhere in this game!

Ironclad

I would tell you to continue investing some time in Dragon Quarter. It starts off slow, but is definitely worth it. Story is great, and the art style is not too shabby either. I would suggest keeping all of the games anyway because you won't get anything near what you are expecting unless you go to a GameRush.

Ironclad_Ninja said:
I would tell you to continue investing some time in Dragon Quarter. It starts off slow, but is definitely worth it. Story is great, and the art style is not too shabby either. I would suggest keeping all of the games anyway because you won't get anything near what you are expecting unless you go to a GameRush.

Actually, I've decided to hold onto Dragon Quarter. I've just heard too many good things to simply give up. The others though... I sorta feel like an idiot for having Clock Tower 3 and not Silent Hill 3, and Shinobi but not Ninja Gaiden.

Top Bottom