• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shovel Knight Officially Heading to Retail

SURGEdude

Is the PS4 retail cross buy? So, do I get a code for the Vita and PS3 version?

I don't think any physical release has been cross buy. Though I'll admit I'm just going off experience.

Like so many others I'm hoping/port begging for a Vita physical version. Just cuz I wanna have it forever.And yes I'm gonna grab it on 3DS and WiiU too!

Intel_89

I got my two copies last night, I'll keep them sealed as I already own both digital versions already.

IMG_20151102_195648.JPG

I just went to Target and picked up the 3DS and Wii U versions! I already own it digitally on the Wii U so I'll keep that sealed. Opened the 3DS version and will do another play through before I jump into Plague Knights mode.

The 3DS manual is glorious! It's 45 color pages (none of that black and white nonsense!) and the artwork is oh so good!

I hope Yacht Club games goes on to make more amazing games.

Son Of D

I don't think any physical release has been cross buy. Though I'll admit I'm just going off experience.

Playstation All-Stars was cross buy physically. Think you had to put the disc in the PS3 and it'll download the Vita version to your account.

Like so many others I'm hoping/port begging for a Vita physical version. Just cuz I wanna have it forever.And yes I'm gonna grab it on 3DS and WiiU too!

I think Playstation Battle All Stars was a physical release with cross-buy....

My ps4 copy from Amazon just shipped today. I hope it has cross buy, or I hope they release a physical version for Vita?

I just went to Target and picked up the 3DS and Wii U versions! I already own it digitally on the Wii U so I'll keep that sealed. Opened the 3DS version and will do another play through before I jump into Plague Knights mode.

The 3DS manual is glorious! It's 45 color pages (none of that black and white nonsense!) and the artwork is oh so good!

Awesome!!!

georly

The manual might sell the game for me o_O

Dominator

Picked up this and Need for Speed on PS4 this morning, noticed Shovel Knight had a lot more weight to it than NFS.

The manual is sweet and huge!

Merc_

Picked up the Wii U version.

I'm definitely enjoying this game so far. I see why folks were raving so much about it.

Oh wow, I accidentally ordered two copies from Amazon. Didn't notice until just now with the shipping confirmation email saying "x2"
The price threw me off, as it was only 50 dollars combined, which is usually the price of a game.

Uhh... guess I'm getting two Wii U copies tomorrow.

Got my 3DS version in the mail today. Disappointed that that yellow border still wraps all the way around the front of the cover. Ugly as sin.

Garlador

I saw the game at GameStop and picked it up. It felt... Heavy.

What's this? A MANUAL?! In this day and age?

Indeed! Big, heavy, and gorgeous!

I felt like a kid again. I never knew a game manual could bring me such joy!

emb

After the delay, this totally slipped my mind. Going after work to look for a copy.

Can't wait to finally get to play this game!

When you pick up the game, it feels so heavy ans substantial because of this. A real treat.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Ive never played Shovel Knight, which version do you guys recommend, PS4, 3DS or Wii U?

PS4 if you want to play on a TV just because the dualshock 4 is (imo) more comfortable to use for this kind of game than the gamepad/pro controller. For handheld 3DS since the 3D effect is really good. So it basically comes down to whether you prefer TV or handheld.

ZombAid82

Ive never played Shovel Knight, which version do you guys recommend, PS4, 3DS or Wii U?

I would say Wii U, if you have a Pro Controller.
Best Digipad of all of them.

And of course, if you wanna play on the go, 3DS it is. Has a very nice 3d-Effect^^

PS4 if you want to play on a TV just because the dualshock 4 is (imo) more comfortable to use for this kind of game than the gamepad/pro controller. For handheld 3DS since the 3D effect is really good. So it basically comes down to whether you prefer TV or handheld.

Maybe it's just me, but the digipad isn't that great from the DS4 for a platformer like Shovel Knight.

My Wii U version arrived damaged from Amazon. I'm so sick of Nintendo's flimsy, cheaply made Wii U game cases. Not sure how they're made in the rest of the world but in NA, they're eco-cases, meaning a large portion of the plastic is removed in the center, making them almost worthless for actually protecting anything and very easily damaged while in transit.

Fortunately, my 3DS and PS4 versions are in perfect shape. I think I'm just going to get a refund on the Wii U version and not replace it. I HATE Wii U cases. This is the last time I'll be ordering a Wii U game through the mail.

my ps4 copy just arrived today. does it come with a vita crossbuy code or anything? if not i'm just gonna keep it sealed since I own digitally already.

I'm tempted to get this on 3DS. It's only $25, 15 cheaper than most full retail titles, and I have already got a ton of playtime out of my digital download.

Seik

Banned
I already have my Wii U version coming in the mail but I'm heavily tempted to get the 3DS version for the portable factor and...it's on a cartridge. D:

Yeah the 3DS cartridge is pretty sweet looking. Shovel Knight is a fantastic game as well. I don't know if I really need this, but if I can find a copy I will probably buy it.

My only regret is that the retail game won't have all the updates that it will eventually get. I think they have two more campaigns to make...

Weird thing is that in NA the 3DS box has the amiibo logo, but the Wii U version doesn't. The back of the Wii U box doesn't have the same amiibo spec box but does make a graphic advertising the SK amiibo. Didn't get a chance to see the back of the 3DS box.

jonno394

Took me a few levels to get in to the swing of things, but loving this game so far. Finished off the first seven or so knights and even happened across a secret
fight with Kratos and the awesome armour it unlocks
. Mastered the use of the phase bracelet and potions during boss fights and I feel unbeatable!

Great game, but no idea how i'll ever complete it in under 90 minutes and without dying!

Top Bottom