• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show off your Android Customizations thread

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
2lu6xao.png

2d8gwh4.png

All Hail C-Webb

Hailing from the Chill-Web
What is the best calender widget/app that is tied into the Google calender?
I believe i use the stock one with sense, and all it shows is an icon next to the days that have events. I would love to have one that gave me an indication of what the events are without opening it.

Thanks

Chorazin

LeleSocho said:
what is the name of that news widget (the engadget/kotaku one)?
btw this is my desktop
h431N.jpg
I need that wallpaper to live. Getting my first Android device tomorrow and I want that so bad!

r1chard

All Hail C-Webb said:
I believe i use the stock one with sense, and all it shows is an icon next to the days that have events. I would love to have one that gave me an indication of what the events are without opening it.

Thanks
"best" depends on a lot of things. Personally I tried a whole lot of them (including Smooth Calendar which is quite popular) until I settled on the one that was right for me (Quick Agenda).
GAxSb.png

I need to get around to altering the lock-screen version of the widget so it doesn't have the "+" add button...

equap

Banned
Stat Flow said:
Decided to go for really minimal. Haven't used my Evo as much since I got a tablet, so now I use it to tether 4G. With that said, I use Gmail, SMS, and of course the phone. Along with dropbox. Those are in the dock (invisible):

1ZANj.png
ok, how did you do this!?!

All Hail C-Webb said:

Thanks
My wife has the same needs and likes Calendar Pad a lot. It's not particularly beautiful or anything, but the 4x4 monthly widget looks nice, has the event names, and keeps your G Calendar colors, so it's pretty functional.

ty_hot

I have no idea of what to do with my left and right screens. The center one (default) has only the time, date, battery and weather indicator.

but in the other screens I put some apps but it seems they dont fit with the center screen.... I'm almost deleting the other screens, going to have only the default one with app drawer...

mik

mik is unbeatable
New Android phone owner here, just popping in to say, holy Christ I love this thread. Thanks to everyone for some amazing app store finds.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
RJ, don't you have anything new to show us?

mik

mik is unbeatable
Stolen bits and pieces from various people in this thread (also, those are the icons and system tray the Gingerbread update popped on the Atrix automatically)

i8pZJ.jpg

Barrett2

New Android owner. Just bought a Samsung Infuse.

Coming from an IPhone 3G, im' in heaven. Look forward to reading through the thread. ^_^

Broseybrose

I decided to change mine to something more simple yet practical. I'm still searching for the perfect wallpaper. I really only use Launcher Pro and Beautiful Widgets. But I paid for both. Its worth it.

Home page. I dont need a lock screen on the SGS4G. I got 2 docks, and the Beautiful Weather
SC20110731-215142.png
SC20110731-215154.png
SC20110731-215240.png

Game page, frequent apps page, Widget page
SC20110731-215319.png
SC20110731-215306.png
SC20110731-215258.png

Launcher Pro Widgets. There's also a Facebook widget page but i didnt upload it. I didnt feel like going through the trouble of blocking names. It looks just like the Twitter one.
SC20110731-215333.png
SC20110731-215402.png

Wow these pictures look so soft and dull compared to the way they look on my phone's screen!

So what do you think? Boring? Or classy and high functionality? Once I get the right wallpaper I know it'll be the latter. :)

cPYuE.png

ClockQ, ishclock

GU8pz.png

Apps Organizer, Desktop Visualizer

wFe7l.png

Launcherpro Blurps theme, Apps Organizer, Desktop Visualizer for the Twitter/Facebook text at the top (which makes up the rest of my screens... apart from an ubermusic widget one)

oh and Multipicture live wallpaper

Barrett2

Question. When using LauncherPro, When I save an image to my phone, and I set that image as wallpaper, my phone proportions it in a way where the image is stretched out over all of my horizontal screens, so the image is always really zoomed in. I can't figure out how to stop this.

lawblob said:
Question. When using LauncherPro, When I save an image to my phone, and I set that image as wallpaper, my phone proportions it in a way where the image is stretched out over all of my horizontal screens, so the image is always really zoomed in. I can't figure out how to stop this.

In the LauncherPro settings, there should be an option to turn off wallpaper scrolling. If want to have wallpapers fit the actual dimensions of your screen(a la iphone), you can download an app called wallpaper wizardrii . You can also turn on/off scrolling using this app as well.

AndyD

aka andydumi
DigitalSoul said:
In the LauncherPro settings, there should be an option to turn off wallpaper scrolling. If want to have wallpapers fit the actual dimensions of your screen(a la iphone), you can download an app called wallpaper wizardrii . You can also turn on/off scrolling using this app as well.

Do any launchers allow custom wallpapers per each home screen? No scrolling, and not using the same across all? For example red on screen 1, green on 2, blue on 3 or whatever?

kehs

Banned
Lagspike_exe said:
I dare not post my 240x320 Xperia Mini Pro customization shots. :(

A few people have minis and have posted on here. This isn't Apple town, there's not autohate for low res.

//B1G

Banned
Been rocking this setup for a while now. Widget Locker for the icons (my own), LauncherPro, GO SMS, and the MIUI rom

Z28Ib.png
BwjX8.png

1SaBS.png
BBQEk.png

AndyD said:
Do any launchers allow custom wallpapers per each home screen? No scrolling, and not using the same across all? For example red on screen 1, green on 2, blue on 3 or whatever?

I use multipicture live wallpaper for that

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
My current setup with MIUI for my HTC Inspire. Though Im constantly changing things up.

bS38T.jpg
IMgkX.jpg

hNHMT.jpg
qzCF4.jpg

SVmOM.jpg
vZBYb.jpg

Japez.jpg

Alt Lockscreen:

RCIuH.jpg
EIQFX.jpg

I have to say MIUI is probably the nicest and cleanest experience Ive ever had on a phone. I have found it cleaner and smoother than iOS, HTC Sense and Sense Roms and stock gingerbread Roms like CM7 and others. Im really sad though cause for a while I was rocking this gif as my background but it seriously kills the battery wayyy too much. Im not sure if its the app I use or just live wallpapers in general that suck up the battery(I was using AnimGIF Live Wallpaper app).

tastetherainbowxuhb.gif

Barrett2

DigitalSoul said:
Wizardrii app worked like a charm. Thank you, sir!

Circle T

I'm still on my "Daft Punk" kick these days. This is my Droid Charge, though it's setup pretty similar to how my Captivate was in previous showings. I have my Captivate running MIUI these days, but it's pretty stock, so not much to show that hasn't already been seen with most other MIUI builds. Anyway, here is my Charge...

Samsung Droid Charge
GummyCharged ROM 1.8.7 (2.3.4)
WidgetLocker
ADW Launcher EX
Minimalist Text
Beautiful Widgets

0uKnV.png
2nmAN.png

kiryogi

Banned
Circle T said:
I'm still on my "Daft Punk" kick these days. This is my Droid Charge, though it's setup pretty similar to how my Captivate was in previous showings. I have my Captivate running MIUI these days, but it's pretty stock, so not much to show that hasn't already been seen with most other MIUI builds. Anyway, here is my Charge...

Samsung Droid Charge
GummyCharged ROM 1.8.7 (2.3.4)
WidgetLocker
ADW Launcher EX
Minimalist Text
Beautiful Widgets

0uKnV.png
2nmAN.png

:eek: Which slider are you using for your WidgetLocker?

Top Bottom