• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show off your Android Customizations thread

lawblob said:
Love that wallpaper, but the "Two46" thing with the clock is grotesque! Digits or letters, pick one!
It takes some cajoling, but you can change the time with the widget. It's always looked awkward to me, and I hate the "hourMINUTES" setup.

Cipherr

<3 this thread, didnt know we had one of these.

Cindres said:
I'm a moron, had it in my head you had to root it to do this.
This is gonna be my entire day now.

This post is old, but it made me lol.

thespot84

bolbronx said:
It's a live wallpaper that comes with the ubermusic player.

The covers flip depending on your settings.

Settings also include coversize & dimming

Dammit i just download and realized I use spotify and have no album covers /fail

Barrett2

Wait a minute, I have to install a tandem desktop application and sync my phone just to take screen caps? Bah.

Pity, the world will never know true art as it emanates from the screen of my Infuse.

lawblob said:
Wait a minute, I have to install a tandem desktop application and sync my phone just to take screen caps? Bah.

Pity, the world will never know true art as it emanates from the screen of my Infuse.
Latest Cyanogenmod builds have it built-in (menu option when you long-press the power button).

Hotsuma

DigitalSoul said:
device-2011-08-11-1426f1r3.png

I going to try and not make it a habit to change my setup too often, but with android being customizable, I always find myself tinkering with and changing stuff lol.

Where did you get that wallpaper?

kehs

Banned
lawblob said:

What phone do you have? A Samsung I think, right? Most samsung phones have a built in screenshot function with a combo of buttons. Might be worth looking into.

I keep things pretty simple most of the time.

cVtKs.png

*Nexus S*

ADW EX Launcher, Honeycomb theme
Metro UI Icons
CyanogenMod Theme Engine, Honeycomb theme

Simi Clock & Weather Widgets
Circle Battery Widget

Two other screens enclose only one widget each: Pure News Widget and Pure Calendar Widgits, 100% transparency

I also have a Galaxy Tab 10.1, but I haven't settled on a setup -- just a wallpaper.

kehs

Banned
retroBrand said:
Should I be worried about the permissions before I download Launcher Pro? Am I just paranoid?

Launcher pro has a lot of widgets that need access to that stuff to show. You're level of paranoia depends on how much you are willing to trust the developer I suppose.

Broseybrose

Super-One-Click works. I used it to root and deodex my Galaxy S 4G. I cant say as far as jailbreaking goes though.

The unlock app he used sure looks like it works. And Super-One-Click will definitely get you superuser permission level (rooted) without fucking up anything else on your phone.

Chorazin

I'm really loving GO Launcher EX, it's so much nicer and smoother than Launcher Pro. Easy to use themes and intergration with the rest of the GO apps is really sweet. It's the closes to Sense quality I've seen, while still being super customizable.

All the GO apps are free, you can buy themes if you want but they have plenty of free ones. Give it a shot!

darkwing

Chorazin said:
I'm really loving GO Launcher EX, it's so much nicer and smoother than Launcher Pro. Easy to use themes and intergration with the rest of the GO apps is really sweet. It's the closes to Sense quality I've seen, while still being super customizable.

All the GO apps are free, you can buy themes if you want but they have plenty of free ones. Give it a shot!
yup, i've dumped other launchers for the GO, the iOS style manipulation on the app drawer is awesome

//B1G said:
Been rocking this setup for a while now. Widget Locker for the icons (my own), LauncherPro, GO SMS, and the MIUI rom

Z28Ib.png
BwjX8.png

1SaBS.png
BBQEk.png

Ok I'm a total newb on Android, but isnt it possible to put your theme on download or does it have to be multiple applications to get to this result?

Chorazin

Yay HTC for adding in a screengrab feature into the new EVO 3D software update today!

My lockscreen rocks (Widgetlocker and Minimalistic Text widgets for everything except for the slider):

2011-08-18_12-44-02.jpg

My main home screen is kinda not so pretty, but it works for me. I wish the AmazonMP3 widget wasn't so hideous!

2011-08-18_13-15-20.jpg

panda21

LivetoFollow said:
I keep things pretty simple most of the time.

cVtKs.png

*Nexus S*

how did you get rid of the time on the notifications bar? It really bugs me having the time in two places on the screen

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
DigitalSoul said:
device-2011-08-11-1426f1r3.png

I going to try and not make it a habit to change my setup too often, but with android being customizable, I always find myself tinkering with and changing stuff lol.

What did you use to hide the status bar?

My setup is almost exactly the same as use except for the status bar....help me kill it.

Chorazin

Black_Stride said:
What did you use to hide the status bar?

My setup is almost exactly the same as use except for the status bar....help me kill it.

If you're not using a stock launcher, it'll be in your preferences. I know you can hide it in GO Launcher and Launcher Pro for sure.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Chorazin said:
If you're not using a stock launcher, it'll be in your preferences. I know you can hide it in GO Launcher and Launcher Pro for sure.

Ahhh shit, i just looked and found it hidden under "Operation Settings" what a crazy place to hide such an option?...Anyway, thanks for motivatiing me to do a more thorough double check.

In celebration i shall post my weekender setup
Dont laugh at my shitty phone or bad weather.

F3yHV.jpg

And no my circular battery is not messed up, its a glare from the blade of grass.
Ill fix that later.

this might be a little off topic, but I'm trying to root my Droid X

anyone have some really easy examples to follow?

I'm currently following this guide:
http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/wiki/Motorola_Droid_X:_Full_Update_Guide

and I'm stuck on the Gaining Root Access Step 6.
wiki said:
On the computer, open terminal and run the following commands:
adb push rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin /data/local/tmp/
adb shell
chmod 755 /data/local/tmp/rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin
/data/local/tmp/rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin

I'm running Windows 7 and tried entering the commands in the search box, in the explorer bar and the command prompt.
In the search bar something pops up, but it goes by so quick and then closes the window, so I have no idea what it was saying.
the first one does something, the second one does something and then the third one can't be found.
I figured this part out (shift S right click in folder)

But the exploit isn't working for my version of Android.

I would really appreciate some help.

edit: I figured I should give some info on my phone in case anyone can help.
Droid X running Android Version 2.3.3

Cruceh

Banned
I guess I'm pretty boring but here is my homescreen. Bionix 1.3.1 on a vibrant with go launcher. I want to try CM7, but that gets horrible battery life on the vibrant. Does it get over 24hrs with other phones?
UtAMq.png

EvetS

Cruceh said:
I guess I'm pretty boring but here is my homescreen. Bionix 1.3.1 on a vibrant with go launcher. I want to try CM7, but that gets horrible battery life on the vibrant. Does it get over 24hrs with other phones?
UtAMq.png
What's the data and cell counter widget, if I may ask?

Chorazin

2011-08-24_09-10-34.jpg

Spruced up my main homepage with the New World GO Launcher theme, and switched AmazonMP3 with PowerAMP (which is fucking awesome, BTW!)

Broseybrose

It seems like every 5th post is a question asking if you need to be rooted to customize your Android. You absolutely do NOT have to root to do the majority of things you see in this thread.

Just search the Market for Launcher Pro, Go Launcher, or ADW Launcher. Install one of those programs and begin your customization journey. You will likely buy other apps along the way, but it all begins with a Launcher.

And the beautiful thing is you can install as many launchers and other customizing apps as you want and it wont mess with your OS. This is all COMPLETELY DIFFERENT from rooting your phone and installing a custom ROM.

SuperÑ

OptionN, ShiftN
DXPett1 said:
Wait what.. you're Peachanan? Friggen love MyColorScreen. Great website more Android & iOS peeps need to be aware of!

No no no, im not Peachanan :lol

What i was trying to say is I made some more icons using the same "meego" style (like the NeoGAF one), but aren't incluided in the package :p

Top Bottom