• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show off your Android Customizations thread

-PXG-

Latest setup

NKg8PA8.jpg

7P6cohr.png

c0iqd48.jpg

xw3MIoV.jpg

I think I'm finally done and gonna stick with this for a while.

-PXG-

Hahah. Thanks for the love guys.

I bumped everything up to make things more centered and changed the wallpaper. Everything from my previous post stayed the same.

Previous wallpaper

Bg.png

Here is a link to my previous wallpaper, just in case

Sulla1980

Hi all, I am hoping for help with what I think is a simple solution. As you can see in my screenshot, my wallpaper is tinted at the top and the bottom of the screen. Is there a way to remove this tinting? I am using Nova Launcher, if that is somehow responsible.

Screenshot_2013-09-15-11-35-39.png

*Nevermind, it was a "show shadow" box that I had somehow missed*

You don't need to be rooted to use UCCW. Most of these screens are nice wallpapers with icons organized around them. For semi-fancier setups, try desktop visualizer. It's similar to uccw but I honestly think it's more complicated.

Here's my method:

1) Take a screenshot of your phone while it's showing the grid of where your icons are laid out (the one that appears when you're dragging icons around)
2) Transfer it to a computer where you can edit it in photoshop/gimp/paint.net using the aforementioned grid as a reference for icon alignment.
3) Overlay the wallpaper you want with the screenshot you just took, which allows you to crop/customize the size of the wallpaper to match where your icons will naturally go.
4) Customize your wallpaper to your heart's content to get the effect you want and then transfer it back to your phone.
5) Use MultiPicture live wallpaper to select your custom wallpaper, then select the option "fit to screen" to that your image isn't cropped and matches your original design format.
6) Place your app icons where you wanted to when you originally designed the wallpaper.​

Anything else like icon packs and etc are really up to you as there are tons of them and it takes some time finding a solution that matches the motif. I do, however, recommend ThemeX, which can extract icon packs made specifically for launchers and allows you to save them as individual images that can be accessed by any program to modify your app icons. The only problem is finding an icon pack that produces themed icons for every app you have.

You could also go the MinimalisticText route (which was beautifully overhauled to be easier to understand and make text-based app icons) instead of picture icons.
Thank you for this post. I happened to see this thread and came in and was immediately jealous of all the awesome home screens. The OP seems a bit barebones/outdated, too.

Sora_N

Just got an S4, I wanted to try messing around for a really long time but my old Android sucked (now this one doesn't!). Can someone point me to some easy to use launchers/etc?

Also, is there a program on Windows that I can just design lock screens/icons on? Thanks! :)

Lanbeast

Hahah. Thanks for the love guys.

I bumped everything up to make things more centered and changed the wallpaper. Everything from my previous post stayed the same.

Previous wallpaper

Bg.png

Here is a link to my previous wallpaper, just in case

What is that widget for your battery? I love how simple that line is.

Here's mine. Been using it for a long time. I've made others, but I keep coming back to this. Screenshot is from Sep., but this is how it looks on my S4.

Here's a link to my MyColorScreen profile with this and a bunch more from when I was using a Nexus S. Guess I just haven't been as inspired to try something different lately.

Edit: Haven't been on there in a while. Here's one of my favs from when I had a Nexus S:

Leunam

Just upgraded to an S4 today. Wish some of you guys would post what icon packs/launchers/etc. you're using. :(

I'll browse back a few pages later though, I'm sure I can find some answers.

As always, there's a lot of great work in this thread.

This week's release of KitKat inspired me to play with my home screen a bit. My previous was extremely spartan (and actually very easy to setup), but after three months with something so streamlined, I wanted a little bit of whimsy in my life.

GatorBait

As always, there's a lot of great work in this thread.

This week's release of KitKat inspired me to play with my home screen a bit. My previous was extremely spartan (and actually very easy to setup), but after three months with something so streamlined, I wanted a little bit of whimsy in my life.

What icon pack is that? Looks like Click UI, but I like the white borders around each of the apps.

I tend to change my layout a lot for those who haven't noticed by now.

I wanted something closer to two designs ago (more spartan) while keeping the color and charm of ClickUI. The colors look a little muted here but they really pop on the S4's screen.

• Launcher - Nova Prime (with revolving door screen transition animation)
  • Icons - Click UI
  • Wallpaper - Blur (on a picture of Fenway Park)
  • Clock/Weather Widgets - Zopper Widget Pro

11038252836_2cd244650a_z.jpg
11038350013_f573f7d410_z.jpg

Top Bottom