• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silent Hill 2 Remake releases October 8th 2024! | State of Play

yet-another-picture-of-japanese-sh2r-promo-material-v0-vaqcg04sb8bd1.jpeg
O.M.G.

this is the origin of the horny jail....and even has the dog connection
Z69HDdd.png

my mind is blown.

begotten

if they added a new character i bet its a cop from brahms looking for eddie. hopefully masahiro ito wrote the story for it. it should be fine

It has been explicitly stated that the old heads wanted to add more and expand the Remake, whereas Bloober considered a more direct 1:1 product.

I'm keen to see what the original creators add.

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
pay a little more for the deluxe edition and get 48 hour early access. Is it weird to anyone else that this particular game has early access?

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Still have it prepurchase I'll give it a fair shake I think everyone is just writing bloober off but everything shown is pretty faithful to og concept designs
To me based on all footage I seen so it looks much more like it wants to be RE2 Remake than Silent Hill game.

pay a little more for the deluxe edition and get 48 hour early access. Is it weird to anyone else that this particular game has early access?
I was thinking that, too. It's not a multiplayer game like Overwatch 2 and it's not an open world sandbox like Starfield. It's a single player game that's heavily narrative driven. All this does is put those who don't pay up at greater risk of getting the story spoiled.
(It also gives more time for bad word of mouth to spread)

luca_29_bg

This actor is listed as “David Sunderland”.
goddamn what did they change and expand

He's listed as voice, so we don't know if there will be flashbacks (with different characters) or audio notes ! Plus imdb is managed by users, and sometimes it's not accurate!

Last edited:
these kind of games have their oneirc vibes thanks to the weird and sober storytelling.... at the same time this franchise was never really that successful to begin with. they are screwed

I hope Konami revisits the cancelled Team Silent Silent Hill 5 concept https://www.silenthillmemories.net/unreleased/sh5_team_silent_en.htm

Fear in daylight and shadows. Watch them have bloober make it
I saw a twitter post from Konami saying they were hiring for an internal team to develop Silent Hill games.
If the remake of Silent Hill 2 does well, it's most likely that Konami will get Bloober Team to remake 1, 3, and 4 next, as opposed to create a new entry. Besides, we've already got two new games coming: Townfall developed by No Code, and f developed by Neobards

I was thinking that, too. It's not a multiplayer game like Overwatch 2 and it's not an open world sandbox like Starfield. It's a single player game that's heavily narrative driven. All this does is put those who don't pay up at greater risk of getting the story spoiled.
(It also gives more time for bad word of mouth to spread)
Brah, they’re charging for fomo. It should have been the real release date. It’s another shit practice made popular by Xbox.

Top Bottom