• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silent Hill Downpour |OT| Rain, Rain, Go Away

kunonabi

Dusk Golem

Can you let me know if Downpour throws another SH2/Homecoming/SM plot twist? If the game doesn't have one I might actually rent it. Feel free to PM when you finish it or get far enough along.

Are the puzzles in the vein of SH1-3 or more like the rubbish from SH4 and on?

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I clicked on the picture. Thought it would be a map or something that wouldn't be immediately obvious. :p I was wrong.

It has definitely increased my interest in the game, though, in a weird sort of way.

I can't believe it takes place on Shadow Moses island. [/spoielr]

OK, bad joke. ;)

Just pre ordered.

REALLY

HOW GOOD CAN ONE PICTURE BE

They've released nothing but the most boring and stale pics and videos over the course of the past two years, and someone posts one picture, and... GAMECHANGER

Can't wait to beat the game and then come back to see what it was.

I don't understand that spoiler pic

Wasn't SH4 supposed to be in another city or what? Ash something

edit: THanks KAOz, I missed that post. That kinda makes sense. Kinda. Well not. But kinda.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I've played some more and I just want to say that in terms of story, this game is going to cause some ripples. Before I go into some spoilers, I kind of understand what's going on here. They're taking it upon themselves to close some loose threads from other entries in the series. Now that might sound bad but I actually really like what they're doing, the game tackles elements that have sort of been hinted at through the series and it's making some rather nice pay-off. I'm kind of surprised though, this game has a lot more to do with the other games than I thought it would which is becoming increasingly obvious as I get further along. BUT they're doing it in a way where it doesn't seem annoying, like as a fan of the series I can TELL it's expanding plot elements and things are fitting into a bigger picture, but they are also telling it self-contained. Like... Minor spoiler mention (I swear, no details and nothing big) there's an element that's from Homecoming that's being put into play here which was a very minor element in Homecoming, but is becoming a bigger deal here. BUT they are telling it in a way where it's self-contained in the story, I just know it's from Homecoming since I recognized it, but if I hadn't played Homecoming that wouldn't detract from knowing what's going on here since this element is being told in a pretty self-contained way, but for fans of the series it also expands elements that were in previous games.

Spoiler time. And I warn you, I am going into some pretty big spoilers in terms of stuff that's in the first 6 or so hours of the game.

I first want to say that the opening scene is very well done. It's different, it almost doesn't seem like Silent Hill at first. Basically you beat up some fat naked dude in a towel who's a cell mate and a complete douche, which lands you to a worse punishment and you are transferred to another facility... One that Silent Hill fans might recognize. Of course on the way there your bus crashes and this whole situation starts. What I really love about this opening sequence is because it really doesn't feel like silent Hill at first. That may sound like a weird thing to compliment, but it really helps you identify with Murphy more when the insane stuff starts happening and it really helps put you in Murphy's shoes and helps promote the feeling that Silent Hill is a trap that the victims don't volunteer for, don't sign up for, they get engulfed into a nightmare.

Now the thing from Homecoming. It's also a boss, but in this game the Bogeyman plays a pretty big role. That's the Pyramid Head looking thing from Homecoming, though it looks very different in this game. Some people may have noticed the thing that wears a gas mask and a raincoat with a giant hammer in some of the trailers. That's the Bogeyman. He was in Homecoming, but didn't do much and wasn't really explained well and obviously was just there for Pyramid Head fan service, in here he's playing a lot of a bigger role and a lot more is being revealed about him. I haven't been to the location yet, but it's been mentioned and I can see it far off in one area the prison from Homecoming, oh what was it called... It was Overlook something, but that area seems to be in the game as well though I haven't actually been there and not sure if I can yet.

As well, there's also things about Walter and some of his beliefs here. Several of the places that were important to Walter are appearing in this game, but I don't quite understand the connection yet except for the fact that it's kind of fleshing out areas and places Silent Hill 4 mentioned but you never really had been to... Well, besides this one section where the subways are obviously based off of the SH4 subways and then you get to the apartments and can get inside the room from Silent Hill 4 if you have the hook to pull down the ladder. That area is taken directly from SH4 but since you never are on the streets, in SH4, I almost didn't recognize it until I went inside the room. But while there are hints, where I am in the story isn't making it 100% clear the SH4 connection though I have my suspicions right now.

On a less spoilerific note, I also want to mention how I love the side quests in this game. Some of them are really cool and are surprisingly lengthy. Some of the side quests will make you go from one side of town to another but usually they pay off pretty well like opening up new optional areas, or deepening the story more or to get some items. Some things I've received I don't know what they do yet, but I've got them. There's also some cool quests that involve you just exploring places off the beaten path.

^^^^ oh god look at dem huge spoiler bars

I'm with brandonh83 on this one, I'm not gonna look!!

Though the file name and some responses kinda spoil it anyway, but I'm not looking!

kunonabi

I've played some more and I just want to say that in terms of story, this game is going to cause some ripples. Before I go into some spoilers, I kind of understand what's going on here. They're taking it upon themselves to close some loose threads from other entries in the series. Now that might sound bad but I actually really like what they're doing, the game tackles elements that have sort of been hinted at through the series and it's making some rather nice pay-off. I'm kind of surprised though, this game has a lot more to do with the other games than I thought it would which is becoming increasingly obvious as I get further along. BUT they're doing it in a way where it doesn't seem annoying, like as a fan of the series I can TELL it's expanding plot elements and things are fitting into a bigger picture, but they are also telling it self-contained. Like... Minor spoiler mention (I swear, no details and nothing big) there's an element that's from Homecoming that's being put into play here which was a very minor thing in Homecoming, but is becoming a bigger deal here. BUT they are telling it in a way where it's self-contained in the story, I just know it's from Homecoming since I recognized it, but if I hadn't played Homecoming that wouldn't detract from knowing what's going on here since this element is being told in a pretty self-contained way, but for fans of the series it also expands elements that were in previous games.

Spoiler time. And I warn you, I am going into some pretty big spoilers in terms of stuff that's in the first 6 or so hours of the game.

I first want to say that the opening scene is very well done. It's different, it almost doesn't seem like Silent Hill at first. Basically you beat up some fat naked dude in a towel who's a cell mate and a complete douche, which gets you lands you to a worse punishment and you are transferred to another facility... One that Silent Hill fans might recognize. Of course on the way there your bus crashes and this whole situation starts. What I really love about this opening sequence is because it really doesn't feel like silent Hill at first. That may sound like a weird thing to compliment, but it really helps you identify with Murphy more when the insane stuff starts happening and it really helps put you in Murphy's shoes and helps promote the feeling that Silent Hill is a trap that the victims don't volunteer for, don't sign up for, they get engulfed into a nightmare.

Now the thing from Homecoming. It's also a boss, but in this game the Bogeyman plays a pretty big role. That's the Pyramid Head looking thing from Homecoming, though it looks very different in this game. Some people may have noticed the thing that wears a gas mask and a raincoat with a giant hammer in some of the trailers. That's the Bogeyman. He was in Homecoming, but didn't do much and wasn't really explained well and obviously was just there for Pyramid Head fan service, in here he's playing a lot of a bigger role and a lot more is being revealed about him. I haven't been to the location yet, but it's been mentioned and I can see it far off in one area the prison from Homecoming, oh what was it called... It was Overlook something, but that area seems to be in the game as well though I haven't actually been there and not sure if I can yet.

As well, there's also things about Walter and some of his beliefs here. Several of the places that were important to Walter are appearing in this game, but I don't quite understand the connection yet except for the fact that it's kind of fleshing out areas and places Silent Hill 4 mentioned but you never really had been to... Well, besides this one section where the subways are obviously based off of the SH4 subways and then you get to the apartments and can get inside the room from Silent Hill 4 if you have the hook to pull down the ladder. That area is taken directly from SH4 but since you never are on the streets, in SH4, I almost didn't recognize it until I went inside the room. But while there are hints, where I am in the story isn't making it 100% clear the SH4 connection though I have my suspicions right now.

On a less spoilerific note, I also want to mention how I love the side quests in this game. Some of them are really cool and are surprisingly lengthy. Some of the side quests will make you go from one side of town to another but usually they pay off pretty well like opening up new optional areas, or deepening the story more or to get some items. Some things I've received I don't know what they do yet, but I've got them. There's also some cool quests that involve you just exploring places off the beaten path.

Not liking where any of that is going to be honest. I mean trying to move the bogeyman away from his tasteless fan service origin isn't a bad idea but I'd rather they just ignore it all together. I think SH4 should be retconned out of existence along with Origins so I'm not too ecstatic about that either. That said, if they start relating things to Origins I'm skipping it entirely.

Dascu

Dusk Golem - Have there been any bossfights so far and how do they play out? Also, what's your opinion on the fight-or-flight mechanic? Is combat fine or do you prefer to run away? Is this component well-designed in your opinion?

Dusk Golem

Not liking where any of that is going to be honest. I mean trying to move the bogeyman away from his tasteless fan service origin isn't a bad idea but I'd rather they just ignore it all together. I think SH4 should be retconned out of existence along with Origins so I'm not too ecstatic about that either. That said, if they start relating things to Origins I'm skipping it entirely.

Don't worry, I haven't spotted anything yet from Origins. Also I think the game might be retconning Homecoming or something. The Prison thing, I know it starts with Overlook and it was in Homecoming, but in this game I see it in the distance on an island which I know for a fact it wasn't there in Homecoming. On the Bogeyman, I'm actually liking him right now. The boss fight I've had with him was actually really tense, and while this is a guess and not a definitive what is happening, I'm guessing the reason the Bogeyman is in play here is because it's bringing judgement to Murphy. That's mentioned some in Homecoming, but I'm guessing that's what's going on here with it, since the Bogeyman is kind of like a nightmarish executioner to me. It's hard to describe without gameplay shots and all that, but they've played up his role excellently as he is being genuinely unnerving. I can't comment on the Silent Hill 4 connection simply because all I know is that there's one area that is from Silent Hill 4 in the game, and I've been to one area that was mentioned in SH4 but you've never actually been there, and there's been some very loose references to Walter. However, where I am in the game it seems I'm getting to a place that might provide some answers. I'm just entering a place called Pleasant River, which I recognize instantly from my google search not that long ago for the other area.

However, I don't want to make this game sound like it's existing to reference other games since it's not. It's just an interesting thing to note as these are only parts of the whole picture of what's going on, and the story is doing well at self-containing itself and the game isn't just flaunting in my face "SEE, THERE'S A CONNECTION!" I only am picking up on the connections, the game isn't directly acknowledging that these are elements from past games since this is Murphy's story and his story has nothing to do with the other characters besides that he's in the same general location.

Cudder

Awesome easter egg..
Sigh... I need to finish SH4.

do you realize what you just said?

edit: clicked on the location spoiler pic. awesome. I'm sure the reveal and how you end up there will be just as cool when I experience it. nothing lost here.

kunonabi

Don't worry, I haven't spotted anything yet from Origins. Also I think the game might be retconning Homecoming or something. The Prison thing, I know it starts with Overlook and it was in Homecoming, but in this game I see it in the distance on an island which I know for a fact it wasn't there in Homecoming. On the Bogeyman, I'm actually liking him right now. The boss fight I've had with him was actually really tense, and while this is a guess and not a definitive what is happening, I'm guessing the reason the Bogeyman is in play here is because it's bringing judgement to Murphy. That's mentioned some in Homecoming, but I'm guessing that's what's going on here with it, since the Bogeyman is kind of like a nightmarish executioner to me. It's hard to describe without gameplay shots and all that, but they've played up his role excellently as he is being genuinely unnerving. I can't comment on the Silent Hill 4 connection simply because all I know is that there's one area that is from Silent Hill 4 in the game, and I've been to one area that was mentioned in SH4 but you've never actually been there, and there's been some very loose references to Walter. However, where I am in the game it seems I'm getting to a place that might provide some answers. I'm just entering a place called Pleasant River, which I recognize instantly from my google search not that long ago for the other area.

However, I don't want to make this game sound like it's existing to reference other games since it's not. It's just an interesting thing to note as these are kid of only parts of the whole picture of what's going on, and the story is doing well at self-containing itself and the game isn't just flaunting in my face "SEE, THERE'S A CONNECTION!" I only am picking up on the connections, the game isn't directly acknowledging that these are elements from past games since this is Murphy's story and his story has nothing to do with the other characters besides that he's in the same general location.

That actually sounds like a much more level-headed direction than the other attempts at filling gaps from SH4 and on. Has the game been heavy on exposition or has it been more about Murphy dealing with the situation?

UrbanRats

They're taking it upon themselves to close some loose threads from other entries in the series.
iPLtFjcU1QKp6.gif

And fuck me for getting back into this thread.

Ok thanks for the impressions and info, but now I gotta stop. Everything you have posted sounds fucking AWESOME in my eyes and if this shapes up to be as good as a, your saying and b, I hope the rest of the game is, then c this will be right up there with being possible one of the best Silent Hill games ... and at the worst, a solid addition. Thanks again!

Dusk Golem

That actually sounds like a much more level-headed direction than the other attempts at filling gaps from SH4 and on. Has the game been heavy on exposition or has it been more about Murphy dealing with the situation?

I don't have to put this in spoilers, but I want to say this. The story is reminding me of the STRUCTURE of Silent Hill 2. I want to clarify this, it isn't copying SH2 or whatever but the way the story is told reminds me of it. There isn't nuses, or Pyramid Head,
or dead wives
, but the story is told completely from Murphy's perspective. The game really has this fantastic sense of isolation that's met with one oddity after another. What's going on, at least so far, isn't really up in your face. Sure there's connections to some of the other games, but it isn't being told in a way where it feels like it's being spoon-fed to you. The story so far is one of those cases where you sort of have to analyse the evidence that's there and put things together yourself. The story of Murphy himself is pretty straight-forward, but the story is kind of exploring the town and it's mysteries much more subtly and like how Silent Hill 2 had somewhat of a focus on the town itself rather than just what tragic and woe thing James did, a similar thing is happening here.

I'm not finished with the game but I think I've collected my thoughts to this point to say two opinions on the game. This might change later for better or worse, but for now what I will say is that I don't think this game is quite as good as the original Team Silent trilogy as people like to call it. That said, I think it's really close and I think this game is a better Silent Hill than any Silent Hill game has been in the last 8 years. I don't think everyone is going to like it, but if your biggest concern is, "Is it better than Homecoming/Shattered Memories," the answer is yes, it definitely is. The chase sequences which happen before Otherworld sections are better than Shattered Memories chase sequences, the exploration is better too. The combat is clunky, but at least the game's mechanics recognizes that combat isn't the focus and they have taken the game a different route than Homecoming was trying to go in with the action focus. I don't think this game is perfect by any stretch, but I also have to say I am enjoying myself so far and this is probably the most fun I've had with a Silent Hill game in years.

Ahasverus

If it's better than SH4 I'm absolutely thrilled. The original 3 are somewhat unbeateable in modern times because lots of things that made them good are not seen with good eyes these days, so if a recent SH is better than the other 5, I think it's quite an achievement.

Roll on the sequel Vatra :D

No. No. No. I won't. Fuck you and anyone else who wants to tempt me with spoilerific images LESS THAN 5 FUCKING DAYS FROM RELEASE

The wait has been unbearable, I will not give in this close.

Could someone maybe start a Downpour spoiler thread?

Do not click it Brandon. That would have absolutely thrown me for a loop had I gone in blind. It's a VERY cool Easter egg.

Dusk Golem's impressions have got me feeling good about this game. I can't believe Vatra has managed to pull off a decent sounding SH game, and quite possibly the best entry in seemingly forever.

kunonabi

Well being better than the last 4 train wrecks isn't exactly difficult. From the earliest previews I've always felt that the main things I'd have a problem with were stuff unrelated to the majority of the franchises ills for the past 4 installments. Most of my issues with Downpour are more related to the awful of trappings modern gaming the game itself. Other than those my only concerns are another lame twist ending and the potential continued shitting on of SH1.

Dusk Golem

Well being better than the last 4 train wrecks isn't exactly difficult. From the earliest previews I've always felt that the main things I'd have a problem with were stuff unrelated to the majority of the franchises ills for the past 4 installments. Most of my issues with Downpour are more related to the awful of trappings modern gaming the game itself. Other than those my only concerns are another lame twist ending and the potential continued shitting on of SH1.

I don't know anything about the ending yet obviously, but I'll tell you if there's anything that screams particularly bad to me. Though what do you exactly mean by modern trappings of modern gaming?

Dusk Golem

Even though I'm the one posting the spoilers, I do encourage people who want a spoil-free experience to not read them. Things like this are always experienced best by yourself and I can respect commitment to not read anything that might ruin the blind experience. I would probably do the same in your guy's boat.

pa22word

Just got back from GS, preorder paid in full!

*Sees more black bars*

FFFFFFFFF-

Okay, I'm done! DONE I TELL YOU!! >_<

But in all seriousness, I'm probably going to be avoiding this thread for my sanity's sake over the weekend (and monday... ; - ;).

randomwab

This screen was not taken by me, but for anyone who is curious... DOWNPOUR LOCATION SPOILER WARNING. It's the location I was talking about in the Downpour spoiler tabs:

http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/9631/downpourroom.jpg

Oh no. I don't know how to describe what I'm feeling. It's like terror and joy wrapped in a blanket. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

I would also like to point out how much I fucking love SH4, and how I love that they're trying to bring it back. But that also terrifies me, 'cause I don't want them to fuck it up.

Also, amazing that they'd tie this new one into 4 and then not include it with the HD Collection.

theRizzle

So, I loved SH1. I can't really remember if I played 2 or 3, but I know it was one of them, but not both. And I played a fair bit of 4. My most recent SH memory is from Homecoming, and it kind of bummed me out. I wasn't really planning on getting this one.

But then

dat picture

kunonabi

There's a bunch but my primary concern with SH would be excessive checkpoints and no legitimate penalty for dying. Poor controls and rushed development with a patch later attitude doesn't help either. Visually most games on the hd twins tend to look ugly to me although it is more of personal issue. I'm also not a fan of video game writing to emulate Hollywood stuff either. Horror games in particular try to hard to be horror movies instead of using the video game medium to create tension and fear. I'm not a fan guided experiences and huge set pieces either(aside from AiTD which I actually enjoyed)

Oh no. I don't know how to describe what I'm feeling. It's like terror and joy wrapped in a blanket. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

You guys need to be a bit more careful by what you're posting... I might have to bail... you're kind of giving stuff away there bro :p

Guys seriously, don't assume that everyone here has been reading the spoilers. And especially since the game isn't even out yet, please use spoiler tags on ANYTHING that could give something away.

Dusk Golem

You guys need to be a bit more careful by what you're posting... I might have to bail... you're kind of giving stuff away there bro :p

Guys seriously, don't assume that everyone here has been reading the spoilers. And especially since the game isn't even out yet, please use spoiler tags on ANYTHING that could give something away.

I agree with him, spoilers are terrible to have ruined unintentionally, so please try your best to cover spoiler discussion.

SkoneLL

Neo Member
Really excited to play this next week. I've been a big fan of Silent Hill since the beginning. I also really enjoyed both Homecoming and Shattered Memories as well! The wait is killing me!

Vrakanox

REALLY

HOW GOOD CAN ONE PICTURE BE

They've released nothing but the most boring and stale pics and videos over the course of the past two years, and someone posts one picture, and... GAMECHANGER

Can't wait to beat the game and then come back to see what it was.

I mean I probably would have bought it anyway, but that, plus everything else i've heard from this thread has made me realize that I need to give this game a chance. It probably wont be the best Silent Hill but it sounds like the developers are targeting people with my tastes so i'm sure i'll enjoy it.

Oh and RandomWab you aren't the only one who loved SH4. I've beaten it like 10 times.

Cudder

Dusk Golem, I just stumbled upon HOW you get to that location. It sounds like it's merely an easter egg and not vital/important to the story in any way, can you confirm?

If it really was just an easter egg (that you can miss), I won't feel that bad about clicking on it lol.

Yuterald

I find it hard to believe that this game is Silent Hill's saving grace. Seems like a lot of series veterans who have been able to play through the game already are gushing over it. I am a huge fan of the original four Silent Hill games, especially 1 & 2. Origins was okay, unoffensive, but nothing noteworthy. It could have ceased to exist for all I care. Homecoming was downright OFFENSIVE. Double Helix is like one of my least favorite developers, ever. They just like to take shits on previous gen classics (see Front Mission). I haven't finished Shattered Memories either, but from what I've played it didn't seem to be anything too special.

Isn't this game developed by Vatra? I don't know, buds. It didn't look too hot the last time I saw screenshots for this game. It would be nice if this game turns out to be an unoffensive $5 bargain bin pick up, but I'm not holding my breath.

RagnarokX

I dunno. I think reactions to that picture are misleading to people who refuse to be spoiled because
opinions of that game are very mixed.
. It's a neat Easter egg, it seems, but not very indicative of the game's quality. I might rent it to give it a chance, but all the footage I've seen so far make this game look bad.

I find it hard to believe that this game is Silent Hill's saving grace. Seems like a lot of series veterans who have been able to play through the game already are gushing over it. I am a huge fan of the original four Silent Hill games, especially 1 & 2. Origins was okay, unoffensive, but nothing noteworthy. It could have ceased to exist for all I care. Homecoming was downright OFFENSIVE. Double Helix is like one of my least favorite developers, ever. They just like to take shits on previous gen classics (see Front Mission). I haven't finished Shattered Memories either, but from what I've played it didn't seem to be anything too special.

Isn't this game developed by Vatra? I don't know, buds. It didn't look too hot the last time I saw screenshots for this game. It would be nice if this game turns out to be an unoffensive $5 bargain bin pick up, but I'm not holding my breath.

I don't think anyone has touted this as being Silent Hill's saving grace. I honestly don't think the series is quite as bad off as a lot of people let on. The first four are great, Origins is okay, Homecoming left a lot to be desired but wasn't one of the worst horror games I've ever played, and Shattered Memories was so different and not-Silent Hill but with its own charms that a lot of people seemed to like.

Yet some people act like it's fucking Sonic or some shit. Sure it's obvious the series hasn't been what it used to be, but the people who conceived it and made it what it was are no longer working on the franchise, thus I do not expect Silent Hill games anymore to reach those heights. However it's one of the few horror installments that I actually still look forward to installments from. Resident Evil is now almost purely action, Dead Space is pretty good but again mostly action, Amnesia is pretty good, and...?

I agree that the game looks like utter shit in the media they've released. The screenshots are muddy and boring. But like with any other game especially in the horror genre, actually seeing it in motion and furthermore playing it are much different than looking at screens. Almost every shot from this game since it was announced has looked terrible, but yet almost every gameplay video I've seen proved to be much more promising, especially that recent 40 minute playthrough that showed off an extremely cool and inspired otherworld.

But no, I don't think anyone is holding on for this to be the "saving grace" of the franchise because since the original team left, they're never going to be what they used to be. But that doesn't mean that other people can't try their hand at it and release something that's at the very least a pretty good horror game. As far as I'm concerned, Silent Hill is worth a thousand trips if it has a story to tell.

MYE

Huh

Guys, the game looks pretty good. The music is actually working and even the fucking Korn song is nice imo.
Seriously, how does this not look like a solid horror title to you?

Silent hill fans are the fucking worst. You're making the Zelda fanbase look like a reasonable bunch.

kunonabi

Huh

Guys, the game looks pretty good. The music is actually working and even the fucking Korn song is nice imo.

Silent hill fans are the fucking worst. You're making the Zelda fanbase look like a reasonable bunch.

The majority of SH fans lap up whatever shit Konami puts out. Sh4 was on the buggiest, poorly designed, badly controlled, and painfully lazy games I've had the misfortune of wasting 50$ on. People still it put in their top 3 or top 3 SH games. SH's descent to utter garbage has been far worse than Sonic's by a large margin.

Huh

I think they're justified in that the newer games haven't come a hair close to nailing the delicious art direction or story sensibilities, but again people need to kind of re-evaluate their expectations. I don't think I should have to adjust my expectations on an established franchise; I think that efforts should be made to maintain quality. Though, I'm not naive enough to believe that another team can really match what Team Silent did. Those guys invented the series and the subtleties they put into their work is their own.

But is it too much to ask for just a good Silent Hill game? I've played maybe 4-5 horror games that I've actually liked in the past... I guess five years or so. I love horror games and I hate seeing such a drought of them because studios are too pussy to release things that art "artsy" these days save for downloadable indie games in fear of them not selling as much as what's "popular." So I get why there aren't more psychological horror games out there. They're not super marketable or financially promising, so why should they bother?

And yet, we do still have people trying to make Silent Hill games. They may not be what you or I want, but they can sure try and I will support that, and at the very worst we might get a pretty decent horror game out of it. As much as people hate on the series now, there has not been one installment that I completely despise.

The majority of SH fans lap up whatever shit Konami puts out. Sh4 was on the buggiest, poorly designed, badly controlled, and painfully lazy games I've had the misfortune of wasting 50$ on. People still it put in their top 3 or top 3 SH games. SH's descent to utter garbage has been far worse than Sonic's by a large margin.

I wouldn't put it in my top 3, but it's definitely my 4th favorite. The only things I didn't like about SH4 were the obnoxious ghosts, the revisiting the same areas again and the babysitting, but other than that it still got the things that I like about Silent Hill right.

Top Bottom