• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silicon Valley - S4 OT - The Venture Continues - Sundays on HBO

I may have to re-watch the entire series, because I can't remember how these guys are still working out of an incubator. They invented an amazing compression technology worth billions of dollars. I can't even remember why that fell through.

Shaneus

Eeeeeh i'm thinking of dropping this series, i've enjoyed it up until season 3 but now i watch it and feel nothing... i think it's mostly because of Richard.
Also while Elrich is far from being my favourite character in the series losing him will not help.
I won't be dropping it, but I didn't even see last week's episode until last night and honestly didn't feel like we missed much.

It's a shame a lot of the plot devices didn't get dragged out for longer. I mean, what is there now, going into the next episode? There's no cliffhangers I can think of.

I may have to re-watch the entire series, because I can't remember how these guys are still working out of an incubator. They invented an amazing compression technology worth billions of dollars. I can't even remember why that fell through.

The characters have squandered numerous opportunities to take the money and run. Don't worry about it that much. Just laugh at the jokes.

Veep is a better show because of this, by the way. The plot is just another font to draw from for humor.

Still fun to watch but it feels like they're just dragging their feet with the writing of this show now

A huge change needs to happen to their situation and it has to actually stick for once. I think it's time this internet idea actually takes off and happens. And Richards dumb ass doesn't fuck up

Have these guys stumble in their success for once rather than hinder it

big_z

Still fun to watch but it feels like they're just dragging their feet with the writing of this show now

A huge change needs to happen to their situation and it has to actually stick for once. I think it's time this internet idea actually takes off and happens. And Richards dumb ass doesn't fuck up

Yeah I mentioned this a few weeks ago. Makes me wonder if TJ Miller exiting the show caused them to do a quick re-write of most of the season.

Yeah I still enjoy this show but it feel like the wheel came off this season in terms of the plot and it feels like nothing is really happening. It seems like almost none of the cast has had any real defining character development this season.

fisheyes

I'm a bit different to the rest of this thread in that I wouldn't really mind the story going nowhere if the jokes were killing it, but I really feel like the only thing I've really laughed at this season was Jin-Yang explaining that an octopus is a water animal. The rest has fallen flat on its face.

CoolOff

I have to agree with the criticism, especially now that we don't see the inside of Hooli anymore.

There's so much that could be done from a comedic perspective for a successful start-up taking off, and I was hoping they were sowing the seeds for that back with Action Jack, but instead they just regress to being 4 dudes in a garage again. And no plot point seems to stick for more than an episode. Jian-Yang became millionaire over like one episode, and Ed Chambers is in and out again in 15 minutes.

It's really tiring.

Erlich mansplaining mansplaining got the biggest laugh out of me last night. It's a little disappointing that they didn't run with Ed Chambers a little longer.
The missus didn't get the joke at first and I had to mainsplain a joke about a man mansplaining about mansplaining.

Thankfully she thought that was hilarious.

Dunlop

Agree, the show is waning on me now.

The missus didn't get the joke at first and I had to mainsplain a joke about a man mansplaining about mansplaining.
Yo-Dawg-Heard-You.jpg

At this point I'd rather them just get a big win, have it take off and have to deal with the stresses of that.

EDIT: Also, I could've sworn I had 49 subscriptions earlier including a sub to this OT, I just removed two locked OTs so I should've been at 47 but I was at 43 before I re-added this one. 🤔

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Erlich mansplaining mansplaining got the biggest laugh out of me last night. It's a little disappointing that they didn't run with Ed Chambers a little longer.
You can't keep someone around who's going around spreading false lies about sleeping with a Supreme Court Justice. That's just bad juju. Chambers had to go.

Yeah, the show is still funny but it's a noticeable step down from earlier seasons. The plot has become pretty terrible as well. Hopefully they can course correct.

I don't get why the writers want to keep them in the "trying" zone. It would be way more funny and even closer to the bone to see them succeed and try and actually run a business with all of the pitiful that come with it at this point.

We've seen the stuff from this season years ago in S1.

Dali

Gilfoyle's obsession with cracking the fridge took up a fair portion of the show and wasn't particularly funny on top of that. Also id like to add the obligatory fuck richard.

I just want them to get out of the house and do stuff around the city. I feel like the show is 75% in Erlich's house and 25% at Raviga. Have Dinesh and Gilfoyle interact with other people for once.

Jag

I just want them to get out of the house and do stuff around the city. I feel like the show is 75% in Erlich's house and 25% at Raviga. Have Dinesh and Gilfoyle interact with other people for once.

Last one I remember with those 2 was the Coffee shop with the jackets. I didn't think it was so great. They also did some scenes this episode at the Oracle Arena which were meh. Hooli used to play a bigger role before Gavin left.

Gilfoyle's obsession with cracking the fridge took up a fair portion of the show and wasn't particularly funny on top of that. Also id like to add the obligatory fuck richard.

I liked it. Gilfoyle's deadpan is just good.

I'm guessing
Gilfoyle's fridge hack accidentally lets Dinesh's ex-girlfriend past the firewall to access their network and cause an incident for the security-obsessed insurance company

louiedog

I'm guessing
Gilfoyle's fridge hack accidentally lets Dinesh's ex-girlfriend past the firewall to access their network and cause an incident for the security-obsessed insurance company

When they introduced the fridge my first thought was she was going to use it as the means to get in. But when Gilfoyle started hacking at it and I realized it was probably going to be his fault it became so much better.

Kaizer

Banned

That episode where Gilfoyle & Dinesh go the coffee shop was a fun one for sure. A change of scenery would be nice as them being in the same place most of the time also makes it feel Iike not a lot is happening at the moment (And the main plot is kinda ehhhhhhh right now sooooooooooo).

Ashhong

I hated Zachs character on the office back in the day, but on rewatch, I've come to really like his Gabe. I think his SV character retroactively made it better

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Really digging the not hotdog app. It only gets hotdog correctly 20% of the time, but not hotdog 100%.

New episode tonight:
The Keenan Vortex

An unexpected increase in data traffic leads Richard to turn to Erlich for help in garnering a deal with Keenan Feldspar, Silicon Valley's latest "it" boy--but when Keenan makes a too-good-to-resist offer, Richard must weigh Pied Piper's future against a potential mutiny. Jack faces setbacks while preparing for Hooli-Con.

when you first told me that number, i had a feeling of... mad.

great ep. honestly not a fan of the big head or jian yang (who is occasionally enjoyable, admittedly) secondary stories.

Good episode with great moments. Erlich had a few lines that cracked me up. And Jared still the best character of this fucking show alongside "Goldfoy".

Echoing similar sentiments. Great episode and yes it does feel like the story is now thankfully back on track, setting us up for what should be an awesome finale.

How many episodes are there this season?

10 my man. Next episodes are
"Hooli-Con"
on June 18 then
"Server Error"
on June 25.

On another note, anyone get the feeling Melcher knows about Richard sleeping with Liz, hence the false increase in data and server costs?

Top Bottom