• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silicon Valley - Season 2 of the hilarious Mike Judge comedy series - HBO Sundays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vyer

Good episode. Lawyer character was a solid addition. The A Few Good Men like breakdown on the stand was awesome.

Maaaan, shit just gets grimmer and grimmer for Pied Piper.

Yeah I can see that. Plus... (spoilers from the preview)

It looks pretty obvious that the condor cam guy will become an internet sensation, which'll drive up the streaming and giving PP new renewed life.

BTW, did you guys check out the website? The Condor guy's on there now.

http://www.piedpiper.com/

It's great until you right click and see it's a GIF.

I really thought the girlfriend bit would result in PP convincing Monica to pretend to be Richard's girlfriend, resulting in her actually confessing her feelings for Richard. That would've been a better episode than the PP-is-screwed-yet-again scenario we got.

p.s. I believe the bar where the Hooli brogrammers lost their phone is right near Moscone Center (where Apple's dev conference is). Not sure if that was an intentional ironic location choice or not.

p.p.s. Gilfoyle is still drinking Old Rasputin "Never Say Die" Russian Imperial Stout this episode. I guess that's become his beer of choice.

I really thought the girlfriend bit would result in PP convincing Monica to pretend to be Richard's girlfriend, resulting in her actually confessing her feelings for Richard. That would've been a better episode than the PP-is-screwed-yet-again scenario we got.

p.s. I believe the bar where the Hooli brogrammers lost their phone is right near Moscone Center (where Apple's dev conference is). Not sure if that was an intentional ironic location choice or not.

p.p.s. Gilfoyle is still drinking Old Rasputin "Never Say Die" Russian Imperial Stout this episode. I guess that's become his beer of choice.

Expected that too.

Noshino

Wouldnt the fact that Richard remade the platform from scratch back at the end of season 1 void the whole case?

Was thinking the same. Hell, when Erlich brought up lying I really thought he would suggest Monica getting involved.

No offense to GoT fans, but this show is the highlight of my Sunday nights. I've been catching up on this season over the past week and it's just amazing.

I didn't know they had a website - and the condor guy is on there. lmao holy sheeit

I will say this though, and since I haven't been following this thread until now I'm pretty sure it's been mentioned before numerous times, but I miss Peter Gregory so much.
got has been bad all season. Silicon valley has been a highlight for me too.

norinrad

The judge was awesome.
Pretentious and ego
that pretty much summed up some of the places I've worked at. hahahaha.

Another great episode. I must say Richard didn't get on my nerves this time around.

Grinchy

Banned
I am loving Big Head's rise to the top. They use him just enough to keep the joke funny.

The lawyer was so good.

Blastoise

Banned
I knew from the start that Richard wasn't going to lie.

I'm wondering if they will wrap up this season with a happy ending. I'm getting tired of Piped Piper always failing.

hohoXD123

Pretty good episode, I too expected some silly storyline of Monica/Carla pretending to be Richard's GF. I'm guessing we won't have CES until next season then, glad it worked out that way, can dedicate more episodes to it. Also, that lawyer was so good, the characters on this show are amazing.

Damn. Really loved this episode. Thought it was pretty intense. Also, Jared's screaming at the end of that episode while he was watching the guy fall was hysterical. Can't wait to see how this plays out next week!

Arkeband

Banned
got has been bad all season. Silicon valley has been a highlight for me too.

7 had 10/10 boobs.
8 had the best battle scene in the series.

The rest of the episodes have been pretty mediocre but I wouldn't say 'bad'.

Last night's episode of SV was a lot better than the previous.

"Sit down Mr. Bachman!"

"it was a buggy, rapey piece of shit created by a moron" had me laughing so hard i had to pause it just to regain my composure and finish the episode

Erlich is a treasure

Linius

That was a great episode, despite it once again had Pied Piper going down. Loved the lawyer character. At his introduction I feared it would be another weirdo but luckily he turned out to be a good lawyer making some good court scenes. Curious to see where they are heading with story though. Pied Piper must survive in some way.

barik

Loved it, only the part about Schroedinger annoyed me, who in this day and age (and especially someone as intelligent as Jared) hasn't heard of it? I realise they needed that to make the joke work, but it still felt forced to me.

Otherwise, great episode, great show, etc etc etc. I could watch Erlich and Lloyd Braun insult eachother for five straight seasons and I'd still be happy. Curious to see how they're going to wrap this up.

Wouldnt the fact that Richard remade the platform from scratch back at the end of season 1 void the whole case?

Was thinking the same. Hell, when Erlich brought up lying I really thought he would suggest Monica getting involved.
One would think and I'd hope that'd be the case and leave Hooli back where they started since they already got a hold of the original.

Lawyer was Lloyd Braun from Seinfeld...good to see him again
AKA Steve Guttenberg's Police Academy replacement.

Loved it, only the part about Schroedinger annoyed me, who in this day and age (and especially someone as intelligent as Jared) hasn't heard of it? I realise they needed that to make the joke work, but it still felt forced to me.

Might be tied into with Jared's speaking/shouting German in his sleep and seemingly not aware of it.

Maybe Jared is blocking out any consciousness of Austrians (Schroedinger, Hitler,, speaking German) because he was brain washed or something. At this point, the less I know about his background the funnier it is.

TM94

The 'Let Blaine Die' segment is one of the funniest bits of TV I've ever seen.

Opportunities - GRIEF THREESOME WITH GINA AND BLAINE'S HOT MOM?

Man

- So basically everyone who goes to an open-casket funeral is a murderer.
- You're one dark mother fucker.

LOL

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Real OGs know!

mk9yytib38l2bi8y.jpg

wetwired

AKA Steve Guttenberg's Police Academy replacement

That's it! I couldn't put my finger on where I remembered him from, despite being a Seinfeld fan. I was wondering why I was thinking of police academy, I thought perhaps the actor was Lloyd bridge's son or something.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Maybe Jared is blocking out any consciousness of Austrians (Schroedinger, Hitler,, speaking German) because he was brain washed or something. At this point, the less I know about his background the funnier it is.

That's really sharp! My problem is that Gilfoyle and Dinesh's summation of Schhroeding's cat was pretty inaccurate. The whole point was it's based on quantum mechanics. So a cat is in a box and poison will be released when a atom decays, but when an atom decays is unpredictable. So you can't know if the cat is dead or not unless you look inside the box.

Fitts

After really enjoying the first season, I have to admit that the second started out a bit slow to me. (admittedly, it was at least in part due to the absence of Peter Gregory). The season has seemingly been ever improving, however, and this latest episode may be my favorite of the entire series. When it wasn't hilarious it was intense -- or both!

I'm going to have to rewatch the series after this season wraps. I have a feeling that I'll appreciate the first few episodes of S2 more than I did the first go round.

That's really sharp! My problem is that Gilfoyle and Dinesh's summation of Schhroeding's cat was pretty inaccurate. The whole point was it's based on quantum mechanics. So a cat is in a box and poison will be released when a atom decays, but when an atom decays is unpredictable. So you can't know if the cat is dead or not unless you look inside the box.

Eh, they are pretty close. It's about observation collapsing a superposition, it's not just that you can't know but rather that both states exist until the box is opened, the cat isn't alive or dead, the cat is simultaneously alive and dead until it is observed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjaAxUO6-Uw

Also this explains the Double Slit Experiment a bit better
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfPeprQ7oGc

Just re-watched the episode. Forgot how funny the part was when Dinesh said "Look at all this shit? Are we 90s?" and then lightly pawed at all the wires.

This just happened to me, too, lol! Also, Dinesh mentions a Faraday cage; I didn't know those things had a name, I've never heard it before.

Great ending song (though my fave is still the one by Dizzee Rascal)

I hope if they lose the arbitration that they don't decide to quasi reverse engineer their own algorithm by saying its "outside in" or "outside to middle".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom