• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silicon Valley - Season 2 of the hilarious Mike Judge comedy series - HBO Sundays

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if it'll be a case where Hooli owns what Richard did on the Hooli computer, but that ends up being like the small block he said he edited on the computer and nothing else. I feel like that would be a way to allow Pied Piper to continue on without being absorbed by Hooli.

zychi

Banned
I wonder if it'll be a case where Hooli owns what Richard did on the Hooli computer, but that ends up being like the small block he said he edited on the computer and nothing else. I feel like that would be a way to allow Pied Piper to continue on without being absorbed by Hooli.

I think Pied Piper is going to get sued for the guy dying next episode right after Hooli acquires the IP.

Richard still "owns" the algorithm, but Hooli owns the work he did up to the point where he worked on it at Hooli.

Some weird thing about Richard getting fired by Hooli will balance it out. But Hooli will take the fall for the guy almost/dying on the Pied Piper cast.

Yeah I can see that. Plus... (spoilers from the preview)

It looks pretty obvious that the condor cam guy will become an internet sensation, which'll drive up the streaming and giving PP new renewed life.

BTW, did you guys check out the website? The Condor guy's on there now.

http://www.piedpiper.com/

I think Pied Piper is going to get sued for the guy dying next episode right after Hooli acquires the IP.

Richard still "owns" the algorithm, but Hooli owns the work he did up to the point where he worked on it at Hooli.

Some weird thing about Richard getting fired by Hooli will balance it out. But Hooli will take the fall for the guy almost/dying on the Pied Piper cast.

Probably the more likely of the options I think. I feel like it fits in better with the show, especially seeing how Hooli has fucked up a lot recently.

Haha that's awesome.

NYR

:(

Second episode this season with a cliffhanger. I hope the season finale isn't the same way, that would burn so bad.

NYR

It really seems like he should have just turned over the old algorithm since middle out wasn't designed until tech crunch.
The IP law means if it was ever worked on during work, Hooli would own everything, not just what was created before he left. They would own everything.

The IP law means if it was ever worked on during work, Hooli would own everything, not just what was created before he left. They would own everything.
That's so weird. If he had sold Pied Piper then developed middle out would he be clear or could he never work on compression related stuff?

Wtf that was amazing, but back to the shit hole they go.....great lol

Can they stop being fucked in the ass please!

Oh and the lawyer was awesome.

Helmholtz

- Promo for the season finale (please spoiler tag any discussion)
I had a feeling that bird egg cam would end up helping them succeed. Wasn't sure how exactly but there you go.
Really funny episode. Though Erlich's little spill seemed a bit forced and silly. I mean, it was the one thing he wasn't supposed to ever say... pretty typical for this show though I guess. Just gotta roll with it.
Lawyer was great.

"These aren't real journalists, Richard. They're tech journalists."

1424067398473.gif

Blastoise

Banned
I had a feeling that bird egg cam would end up helping them succeed. Wasn't sure how exactly but there you go.
Really funny episode. Though Erlich's little spill seemed a bit forced and silly. I mean, it was the one thing he wasn't supposed to ever say... pretty typical for this show though I guess. Just gotta roll with it.
Lawyer was great.

Agreed. Still can't wait for next week.

NYR

That's so weird. If he had sold Pied Piper then developed middle out would he be clear or could he never work on compression related stuff?
Depends on how badly Hooli would want to chase him down, but generally, yeah, he likely couldn't just rebrand, the IP is the technology, so he can't just start a new company and rip it off. It would be like the guy who invented the iPod (not Steve Jobs, the real guy) to start a new company and make an MP3 player exactly like it.

Darksol

They mentioned that due to not having the cash they had to let the new hires go. Does that mean we won't see the new girl anymore? :( I thought she had potential.

NYR

Lawyer was great.
I did not see it coming but afterwords it seemed pretty contrived. The Hooli lawyers got it way too quick.

NYR

They mentioned that due to not having the cash they had to let the new hires go. Does that mean we won't see the new girl anymore? :( I thought she had potential.
She is
still listed on the Pied Piper website, so I think she is coming back.

No offense to GoT fans, but this show is the highlight of my Sunday nights. I've been catching up on this season over the past week and it's just amazing.

I didn't know they had a website - and the condor guy is on there. lmao holy sheeit

I will say this though, and since I haven't been following this thread until now I'm pretty sure it's been mentioned before numerous times, but I miss Peter Gregory so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom