• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silicon Valley - Season 2 of the hilarious Mike Judge comedy series - HBO Sundays

Status
Not open for further replies.

hokahey

I feel like I'm not watching the same show as the people in this thread. The first two episodes were a waste of time, fragmenting the team into little onscreen airtime as a group. Now we're introducing a character who for all purposes makes no sense considering past scenes i.e. Shitty investors signals shitty strength to the market and they'd be dead already. Not only that but the character is shutting down/silencing TJ Miller? Which is the exact opposite of what they should be doing with his character.

And then they top it off my reintroducing quite possibly the most boring character of the show... Big Head. The drop off from season 1 to 2 is one of the worst I've seen for an HBO show.

Richard has been the only slight redeeming quality thus far this season because he absolutely nails the introvert engineer personality.

Rough one for you. Season has been brilliant. Tonight's episode was amazing.

Put me in the camp that the new guy shutting down TJ Miller kinda kills it for me.

I think you guys have been putting Erlich on too much of a pedestal.

It's funny because he thinks he's infallible, and then he meets the "real life" version of what he thinks he is and is totally shut down. It's why you never meet your heroes, so-to-speak.

Aegus

I don't like how Laurie blamed Monica for Russ investing in Pied Piper. It's her fault for turning her back on them when the lawsuit happened. If she'd invested in the team she'd be in a better position.

Oh and what about Jared talking about "celebrating"? His look nearly killed me with laughter.

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
Oh and what about Jared talking about "celebrating"? His look nearly killed me with laughter.

It's masturbation, it is always masturbation.

New Billionaire guy actually reminds me of Mark Cuban. So now we have extremes of Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, and Mark Cuban.

New Billionaire guy actually reminds me of Mark Cuban. So now we have extremes of Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, and Mark Cuban.
I was just thinking that. Mark Cuban also sold his company at the height of the bubble.
Of course, he's done some stuff with his money since like owning a basketball team and investing in companies on Shark Tank but still.

D.Lo

Big Head bit saved it for me. Some fun coming there.

I love the characters and dialogue, but the drama elements sometimes make me go 'fuck this show'. Too frustrating! Gives that 'UK Office' cringe vibe.

That said, it's likely far more realistic that people are bigger hurdles than technology.

Douche VC guy, how do they get rid of him? I can only picture his death as an escape.

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
I was just thinking that. Mark Cuban also sold his company at the height of the bubble.
Of course, he's done some stuff with his money since like owning a basketball team and investing in companies on Shark Tank but still.

He sold his "Sports broadcasting on the internet" company to Yahoo and that is where he made his money. Yahoo completely overpaid and that business collapsed. It was all timing.

He is crude and loves to show off his money. Isn't he one of the worst investor in SharkTank?

Who is the extreme Bill Gates?
Hooli CEO Gavin Belson. Well everyone is a mix of characters from the tech boom. It is hard to pinpoint one person.

Kurita

It's funny because he thinks he's infallible, and then he meets the "real life" version of what he thinks he is and is totally shut down. It's why you never meet your heroes, so-to-speak.

Exactly, it was hilarious to see him failing to be buddies with the kind of person he wants to be.

He sold his "Sports broadcasting on the internet" company to Yahoo and that is where he made his money. Yahoo completely overpaid and that business collapsed. It was all timing.

He is crude and loves to show off his money. Isn't he one of the worst investor in SharkTank?
I would say that he's the most cautious of the investors on there. He's usually not willing to invest in risky stuff and He's always willing to call out the BS in a company.

acksman

Hooli CEO Gavin Belson. Well everyone is a mix of characters from the tech boom. It is hard to pinpoint one person.

See I thought Belson was more of a Larry Ellison.

And yes they are so emulating Mark Cuban with the new character.

D.Lo

Belson definitely has some Gates in there.

That line in episode 1 "I don't want to live in a world where someone else makes the world a better place better than we do" is a version of what Gates allegedly said regarding MS vs Apple when they continued unauthorised development of the Windows stuff they licenced from Apple.

Post-Microsoft Gates is a completely different thing to the bully-nerd that he once was.

eznark

Banned

I was thinking he was more like Shawn Fanning, since Cuban has been pretty successful since selling his business.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
I love how Pied Piper has become a proxy war for two bored billionaires.

And I was wondering what happened to big head. That reintroduction was amazing.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise

Cuban is definitely a colossal tool, so... yeah, that new character fits.

Good episode.

Oh my, Gilfoyle slayed it with these lines. Really solid episode again.

Yup that made this ep for me.

"This fucking guy!" lol

Put me in the camp that the new guy shutting down TJ Miller kinda kills it for me.

Its funny to me. TJ Miller is doing a great job of creating that feeling/tention He usually can careless about anything/anyone but the one guy he kinda wants to care just ignores him. lol

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Don't get me wrong the joke was funny at first, but they carried it out to long.

IDK sorta how I found the whole episode. I thought the part of interrupting the meeting went on to long too. It was funny at first, but then it went on to long.

It def wasn't as bad as the one poster talked like. I just didn't love it like some of you.

Gilfoyle is still the best character on the show. The sorry not sorry thing slayed me.

Don't get me wrong the joke was funny at first, but they carried it out to long.

IDK sorta how I found the whole episode. I thought the part of interrupting the meeting went on to long too. It was funny at first, but then it went on to long.

It def wasn't as bad as the one poster talked like. I just didn't love it like some of you.

Gilfoyle is still the best character on the show. The sorry not sorry thing slayed me.

100 percent agreed, they drag out that interruption scene a good extra 90 seconds for no reason.

LMFAOOOOO latest ep was amazing!!

THIS GUY FUCKS!!

lol'd at his little celebration, that expression was worth 1000 words. It was hilarious when Miller met the kind of person he wants to be and the dude was totally shutting him down.

Also i agree with the cast, bro has a weird ass smile, who actually DOES that?

Hasney

The delivery of "I will listen to the sound of you chortling on my balls" just killed me. I am loving this season even more than the last.

Big Head trying to find his badge that was spun around his neck had me dying. Also, the dropped fries in the elevator hahaha. Solid episode.

KarmaCow

Yup, I loved it.

Another amazing episode but goddamn is Laurie an awful character. She was only in one scene and it was just awful.

She's always going to be in Peter's shadow, they should make her more distinct. The fact she didn't like him because he's a dipshit instead of being a bad business person felt out of character and something Peter would do.

golem

I don't like how Laurie blamed Monica for Russ investing in Pied Piper. It's her fault for turning her back on them when the lawsuit happened. If she'd invested in the team she'd be in a better position.

Shes a terrible character right now. Hopefully gets written out by the new billionaire

TripOpt55

Another good episode. I do think some of the jokes went on a little long at times like some have mentioned, but there was still a ton of great stuff in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom