• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silicon Valley - Season 3 of the hilarious Mike Judge comedy series - HBO Sundays

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gilfoyle is the friend we all deserve.

Richard acts like how I assume most man children/basement types would act in these kind of situations tbh. A complete lack of social awareness and decorum.

No consequences what-so-ever is beyond boring :|

If that bothers you, there are 2 seasons worth (really dumb) consequences out the ass fill your stomach. This is like the first episode that doesn't end on some "oh you guys fucked yourselves" note tbh.

kris.

Banned
Richard is a shit. Jared should be CEO.

i'd be so happy with jared as CEO

or bighead because of course bighead would luck his way into this somehow. when he got the call from laurie asking him for the interview i was so pumped but then of course he said no

Watch that lead to Hooli being unable to prove BigHead ever signed the NDA.

Of course, if they can't prove he signed the NDA, that means they can probably also get out of letting him keep the twenty million, so they could probably take that back from him. That is, assuming he still has it. If he's spent a lot of it, they could confiscate his assets for the rest...which means Erlich's assets...and that's how Hooli gets Aviato.

Of course, if they can't prove he signed the NDA, that means they can probably also get out of letting him keep the twenty million, so they could probably take that back from him. That is, assuming he still has it. If he's spent a lot of it, they could confiscate his assets for the rest...which means Erlich's assets...and that's how Hooli gets Aviato.

no, not Aviato.

Haruko

Erlich was also snapping selfies of Bighead signing their deal, I noticed.

So he has photographic proof that the signatures on his doc are Bighead's, wherewas Hooli's NDA I would imagine does not

hermit7

Richard acts like how I assume most man children/basement types would act in these kind of situations tbh. A complete lack of social awareness and decorum.

If that bothers you, there are 2 seasons worth (really dumb) consequences out the ass fill your stomach. This is like the first episode that doesn't end on some "oh you guys fucked yourselves" note tbh.

Yeah I really liked this episode for that. Solid conclusions to the main problems of the epidsode. I get that there are always going to be issues with running a business, and things shouldn't always be great for the team but it doesn't mean it needs to carry over for episode after episode.

there definitely is that Entourage-ish quality to this show where everything sort of just works out for the gang in the end, but it doesn't bother me too much. It's a pretty light hearted show.

ampere

I mean, Jared is totally one of the Boys from Brazil, right?

Holy shit, I bet you're right. Wasn't he yelling German in his sleep a while back?

Oh shit. Yeah he was, I wonder if we hear more about this.

Maybe he's Krieger's (from Archer) brother :p

I am surprised no one is talking about BigHead's signature being so different on each page of the document that he is signing with Erlich....

BigHead saving the day once again... LOL

Dude is such an airhead it's amazing.

diaspora

I don't know if/how Hooli could even try to claw back the 20 million they gave Bighead. Without his real signature, they essentially just gifted him money.

HMD

I'd agree with you but the way everything just worked out seemed unfinished.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
I am surprised no one is talking about BigHead's signature being so different on each page of the document that he is signing with Erlich....

BigHead saving the day once again... LOL

yeah but Erlich was taking proof photos the whole time of Bighead signing the document, which I thought was hysterical

Let's demote you from CEO of your own company and see how you react.

Richard is awkward as hell I'll give you that... but I completely empathize with his reaction to his predicament.

Empty

first dud of the season. the reporter/pr person fuckup was way too obvious and the hardrive plot was quite disposable.

some nice bighead and jared moments though

Empty

monica is the perfect ceo. pied piper need to get someone at the top who is professional and has a clear business strategy & expertise and isn't so emotionally volatile, but also understands the core of what richard has built, will largely follow his vision and has good personal relationships with the staff and earned their trust. it's absolutely idiotic to have someone of richard's talent in programming compression algorithms wasting his time on all the day to day business stuff a ceo needs to do instead of making sure they have better platform than endframe/hooli.

them acting sensibly would make it a very boring comedy though

Calvero

Banned
there definitely is that Entourage-ish quality to this show where everything sort of just works out for the gang in the end, but it doesn't bother me too much. It's a pretty light hearted show.

it's kind of funny to me that people are saying this now after the last two seasons of everyone bitching that they never catch a break

it's kind of funny to me that people are saying this now after the last two seasons of everyone bitching that they never catch a break
people were bitching about that as much as an episode or two ago. And there's still tons of time for everything to blow up. Should be great.

kiguel182

How was he terrible?

He puts his platform and the engendering above anything. He didn't have a business plan or any way to make money. He has dreams but no realistic way to achieve them.

He is a good engineer and should be in charge of that and not an entire company.

He is also a terrible man child with no self control.

diaspora

There needs to be on some level control of the direction of the company by Richard. Jack almost gave someone their technology and IP for 5 years and nearly derailed the consumer product. I think Monica would probably be a better CEO tbh. She was the one that caught the clause that gave away PP IP.

El Daniel

Weakest episode of the season, unfortunately, seemed to be an "undo" episode and got us right back to 2 minutes before the season finale ended.

My money is on Bighead investing in Pied Piper when they won't get anymore money from Reviva.

Nah, it's a plot hole, let's call it out for what it is. I'm sure the next episode resolves it, but still, weak writing for this episode.

How is it a plothole? This will probably bite him in the ass next week.

Empty

It's a plot hole because he isn't allowed to talk about or disparage Hooli and is doing exactly doing that. Pretty self explanatory.

he's allowed to talk about hooli and disparage them.

there are just incredibly serious legal consequences for doing so since he signed* that nda

which bighead has forgotten because he's a moron

*or so we think lol

Shaneus

Funny how the tripping over/kneepad plot line never eventuated to anything, huh.

Big Head is gonna lose his money.
I thought so, but surely Monica would've realised this given her presence and (assumed) go-ahead for the whole thing.

I don't know if/how Hooli could even try to claw back the 20 million they gave Bighead. Without his real signature, they essentially just gifted him money.
Oh shit, that's exactly what's going to happen.

PS. No-one laughed at the ventriloquist jibe? There was enough in this episode to be a bit of a laugh, but it was obviously a plot forwarding episode. Was almost overloaded with "oh shit this is going to backfire... maybe not" events though. The fire sale thing, the firings, the gardener... there was too much I thought was going to screw them over.

hohoXD123

It's a plot hole because he isn't allowed to talk about or disparage Hooli and is doing exactly doing that. Pretty self explanatory.

None of which means anything to Big Head. It's not a plot hole, just a likely set up to Hooli eventually trying to sue Big Head if they find out he leaked that info, which will obviously blow up in their face because he has lvl 100 Luck.

A buddy of mine from high school directed last night's episode. Really loved Jared and Gilfoyle in it...

Looking forward to next week's as well.

He puts his platform and the engendering above anything. He didn't have a business plan or any way to make money. He has dreams but no realistic way to achieve them.

As he should. It's his company.

He is also a terrible man child with no self control.

I would say he's had a lot of control leading up to this season... I think he's reached his breaking point with all of the stuff that has been thrown at him.

And a man child? What? Dunno how he's that.

Zaptruder

Banned

But every solution also creates a domino branch. It makes the show deliciously multi-threaded.

Maybe the problem is solved for now - but it's probably really just out of sight while we follow the main thread - only for it to effect some future circumstance that puts the company into jeopardy again.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Was just thinking over lunch how Bighead is basically the Silicon Valley/IT world version of Forrest Gump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom