• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silicon Valley - Season 3 of the hilarious Mike Judge comedy series - HBO Sundays

Status
Not open for further replies.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I swear this show gets better with every episode
My goodness

I have this strange feeling that tech blog they bought will be a huge asset

Fuck TJ Miller is on fire
The verbage he uses to illustrate his point is of George RR Martin quality

Also that High Quality video chat arc, I already knew it was gonna be a backfire

Jared talking about the "stuffed animal." Jared walking out of the garage with a total babe and then kissing her goodbye. Oh my god he fucking kills me every episode

Bitanator

Only Jared can be awkward enough to have a plastic bag filled with newspaper and a smiley face on it as a stuffed animal, but turn it all around by proving he fucks.

Episode was brilliant

Big Head needs to be removed from the show. Just an awful character and is dragging TJ Miller into a shitty plot line.

You have to be in the minority on that one, Big Head is a perfect character. About time his stupidity backfired

Big Head only lost 20 Mil becuase EVERYONE around him was taking advantage of him. TJ Miller's character just latched on too late. It will be interesting to see how they rebound from this.

I love the whole thing about the video chat being more clear. Seriously hilarious.

Kyou

Wouldn't it look really suspicious to Gavin that Bighead('s partner?) just bought the tech blog that ran a story about him?

Empty

was finding it refreshing how much this show had avoided romantic subplots till now but it was worth it for the eight steps at a time joke. oh my god.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
How could Richard like tabs? Spaces are so superior. Better alignments. And VIM > Emacs

Tabs are superior because an individual can customize their text editor of choice with an appropriate tab indent. Say you like spaces, great, do you prefer 4 spaces or 8? What if you're working with me and I prefer the other number? And we're in a language where whitespace is relevant like Python? Now we're fucked. Meanwhile if we were on tabs, we'd just have our editors set to our aesthetic preferences.

Calvero

Banned
Tabs are superior because an individual can customize their text editor of choice with an appropriate tab indent. Say you like spaces, great, do you prefer 4 spaces or 8? What if you're working with me and I prefer the other number? And we're in a language where whitespace is relevant like Python? Now we're fucked. Meanwhile if we were on tabs, we'd just have our editors set to our aesthetic preferences.

found the tab nazi

:p

Trouble

Banned

4 for Python, 2 for Ruby

It's the law*.

* https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0008/#indentation
* https://github.com/styleguide/ruby#coding-style

Also syntactically Python doesn't actually give a shit what you use to indent, just that any given indented block is consistent.

any code editor worth its salt can reformat whitespace at the drop of a hat :p

spaces are love

Richard needs to date a girl named Tabitha

Dereck

uglqmy5.gif

Sapiens

Richard is the master of cringe. Of course he's the type of dude to say "my lady".

Yeah, the m'lady thing was great - the actor / writers are doing such a wonderful job with that character.

The tab argument falls apart the moment you have to edit a YAML file.

Still loving the show, but I am mos def growing weary of Richard-cringe. This is more painful than curb, to the point I just wish he could ACT SOMEWHAT NORMAL for at least an episode or three. Maybe a plotline where Monica works on him or something, I dunno.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom