• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SimCity |OT| It's not the simulation or city that matter, it's <parameter: string>

RoKKeR

Alright, just played for a good 3 hours straight and got a lot of great work done. Damn, this game is great when its all up and running. I have a few questions though:

Trade: How? Right now I'm exporting Plastic and Alloy from my recyclying center for around $100,000/day profits, but after building a Trade HQ I see I need to get to 250,000/day in profits just to upgrade. (which I need to do in order to expand) How can I dramatically increase my profit/day?

Traffic: This is definitely the biggest problem with my city and ends up hurting certain city services as a result. (i.e. garbage collection) I have all High Density streets, but how can I clear up the roads? Add multiple bus stations? And what about expanding to avenues? That would require in a serious amount of bulldozing/destroying my city which I don't know if I'm too excited about.

Will post pictures of it later, definitely coming along well. But I fear it will only last so long as I'm relying on it being self-sufficient right now.

N-Bomb

So these features they disabled are non-critical... but yet they were critical enough to 'force' them to make the game online-only. Hmm.

Alright, just played for a good 3 hours straight and got a lot of great work done. Damn, this game is great when its all up and running. I have a few questions though:

Trade: How? Right now I'm exporting Plastic and Alloy from my recyclying center for around $100,000/day profits, but after building a Trade HQ I see I need to get to 250,000/day in profits just to upgrade. (which I need to do in order to expand) How can I dramatically increase my profit/day?

Traffic: This is definitely the biggest problem with my city and ends up hurting certain city services as a result. (i.e. garbage collection) I have all High Density streets, but how can I clear up the roads? Add multiple bus stations? And what about expanding to avenues? That would require in a serious amount of bulldozing/destroying my city which I don't know if I'm too excited about.

Will post pictures of it later, definitely coming along well. But I fear it will only last so long as I'm relying on it being self-sufficient right now.

Avenues have to be planned from the beginning . Traffic management should really be thought of from the beginning , because you can make your whole city go downhill by demolishing things to make room for avenues.

Mazdarati

Neo Member
I was fortunate enough to get into NA2 server this morning (EST) and got to play for about 2 -3 hours. Finally got some high rises in the center of my city. Up to around 85,000. It's been a hefty challenge so far with sharing resources and commuters between 2 cities. Not sure if it's me or the buggy servers/game. My biggest headache so far has been taking care of recycling issues. There's about 4 times as much as regular trash.

CJZN91b.jpg

imjust1n

Banned
First, being a corporate apologist in this situation is a very ill-advised strategy, especially when blogs, boards, social networking, review sites, news outlets, real and fake journalists, etc, are ALL lit up with the exact same kind of negative experiences you're taking issue with here. This is not a case of "me me me me." It's actually "us us us us" if you bothered to really take a broader look rather than the narrow viewpoint you seem to have taken. The irony, by the way, cannot be understated; the narrow viewpoint is actually your own.

Second, if you'd bothered to read what a huge percentage of the gaming/news world is actually saying (rather than what you think it should be saying), you'll quickly see that people haven't been able to play--or even connect for a single player session--for 30 HOURS. I'll repeat it so it sinks in:

You could play after 30 MINUTES.

A lot of people still can't play after 30 HOURS.

It'd be wise to reconsider your position here.

So youre saying people who played the game and enjoyed playing it and is not regretting the money they spent has to get mad because youre mad?

Its like ok lets play gang up maybe we will get something out of it. No, Actually you wont thats why they stopped refunding people.

They already came out and said "we are working very hard to fix the problems". Yet
people keep teaming up to get their point across. The point has been across everywhere.
Im not gonna get mad because I spent 60 bucks on a game where I know I will play alot of it regardless of the servers being down right now....I waited a while for it to come out Im patient.

I was fortunate enough to get into NA2 server this morning (EST) and got to play for about 2 -3 hours. Finally got some high rises in the center of my city. Up to around 85,000. It's been a hefty challenge so far with sharing resources and commuters between 2 cities. Not sure if it's me or the buggy servers/game. My biggest headache so far has been taking care of recycling issues. There's about 4 times as much as regular trash.

Damn that is a nice looking city!

Man, I got nothing on this. Looks real good. I got to work on my planning.

I'm so frustrated with this game. I got a region for me and my friends (about 7ppl) on launch night, everyone is building their cities and so did I until I could play.

My friends are playing right now on their cities but I still can't load mine. When I can get into the game I can visit their cities normally, everything loads accordingly and they can visit my city as well. The game just does not load my own frigging city and this is driving me nuts, because there's no reason to it.

This little window appears every time I try to boot the game again and it makes me mad:

iEqOni45ZgZom.png

I must have 3 hours of actual playtime maximum.

These issues makes me sad because I just want to play my city again. :(

ekim

I said wow. I tried the same with splitting residential and industrial between two cities but it didn't work. I guess server issues.

I'm so frustrated with this game. I got a region for me and my friends (about 7ppl) on launch night, everyone is building their cities and so did I until I could play.

My friends are playing right now on their cities but I still can't load mine. When I can get into the game I can visit their cities normally, everything loads accordingly and they can visit my city as well. The game just does not load my own frigging city and this is driving me nuts, because there's no reason to it.

This little window appears every time I try to boot the game again and it makes me mad:

iEqOni45ZgZom.png

I must have 3 hours of actual playtime maximum.

These issues makes me sad because I just want to play my city again. :(

So wait... is that a glitch with the hours played or did you seriously spend 18 hours waiting in a queue?

EA is in a race that it doesn't know about.

I have called EA Tech Support, and I am trying to log into SimCity NAE2.

If I get into SimCity before Tech Support picks up, I am keeping it. If not, I am demanding a refund, this is ridiculous.

The cheetah speed "fix" is really what is driving my decision.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

If I get into SimCity before Tech Support picks up, I am keeping it. If not, I am demanding a refund, this is ridiculous.

:lol, nice :D

There's no way I'm even starting up the game again without Cheetah speed.

So wait... is that a glitch with the hours played or did you seriously spend 18 hours waiting in a queue?

Its not a glitch. It just counts the time you spend in the launcher as playtime. I've maybe played an hour at most in game and it's said I've played for 6 hours.

Sethos

Banned
Tried to log in to get a refund, because this is a joke.

"Password incorrect" ... Wut?

Reset password "Sorry, service is temporarily unavailable"

:|

Its not a glitch. It just counts the time you spend in the launcher as playtime. I've maybe played an hour at most in game and it's said I've played for 6 hours.

I only bring it up because the games been out for just over 2 days. I am curious if those 18 hours were spent staring at a screen or if the launcher was just left up while he slept or something...

I mean, aren't there better things to do than spending 18 out of 48 hours waiting to connect into a game (im assume at least 8 of those hours were spent sleeping??) I just want to know how these 18 hours were spent is all.

This. I've spent almost 18 hours between reinstalls, queues and launching the game and waiting for my city to load for like 2 hours to no avail.

I only bring it up because the games been out for just over 2 days. I am curious if those 18 hours were spent staring at a screen or if the launcher was just left up while he slept or something...

I mean, aren't there better things to do than spending 18 out of 48 hours waiting to connect into a game? I just want to know how these 18 hours were spent is all.

Last night I went to sleep and left the game reinstalling.

Shancake

I'm trying to review the game and still haven't been able to do anything past the tutorial.. I'm actually close to giving up.

Tmac

Anyone being able to play?

Just arrived from work and was expecting that by now i could finally play that ***** but no luck so far!

This. I've spent almost 18 hours between reinstalls, queues and launching the game and wainting for my city to load for like 2 hours to no avail.

man... you are patient... I can't even stay on hold for more than 30 minutes with a cable company. Thankfully ive been working crazy overtime this week that I haven't been able to experience these issues... Hopefully by the time I am able to play it, it will be like nothing was ever wrong!

Sethos

Banned
"Please wait while we connect you to the next available advisor - Your wait time may be 60+ minutes due to high demand."

Haha holy shit.

This. I've spent almost 18 hours between reinstalls, queues and launching the game and wainting for my city to load for like 2 hours to no avail.

I'm doing the same now since the server crashed and caused the game to launch into a black screen. Diablo 3 launch seems like a dream compared to this.

So youre saying people who played the game and enjoyed playing it and is not regretting the money they spent has to get mad because youre mad?

Its like ok lets play gang up maybe we will get something out of it. No, Actually you wont thats why they stopped refunding people.

They already came out and said "we are working very hard to fix the problems". Yet
people keep teaming up to get their point across. The point has been across everywhere.
Im not gonna get mad because I spent 60 bucks on a game where I know I will play alot of it regardless of the servers being down right now....I waited a while for it to come out Im patient.

Guy's I think he has a valid point. Also look at this sweet ride I invented I call it the "EA Experience".

IT_South_Park_The_Entity-500x375.jpg

Anyway if you just stopped complaining EA would totally have given refunds. For sure, 100% these things are related.

And the winner is: AT&T, because they dropped my call! The obvious winner that no one saw coming.

Jhriad

Game is working for now

Maybe for you. The most I can do is get into a server and then attempt to load my city or create a new city after which I'm told they can't load the city/create the region. Been like that for the past two days with several dozen attempts ranging pretty much every hour of the day and night.

On a related note I just got back from Best Buy with my refund money from the purchase. Wonder how long from now (or even if) my account and or game data will disappear/be banned. Thankfully this is the first, and last, thing I've used Origin for.

I have over "20 hours" played. Most of that is sleeping while it downloaded and the launcher stayed up until I woke. I played around 3 hours max while the rest is listening to the launcher music. Lovin' it.

Top Bottom