• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sine Mora |OT| Revenge is a dish best served in a timely manner

Tain

It's more about supporting good games in a genre that I like than simply supporting games in a genre that I like. I really, really like this genre, sure, but I still need to try this before considering a purchase.

This was way under the radar for me. Nice pedigree though, and the launch trailer looks great. A couple of good review come in and I'm in on this.

That 9 from EG is massive!

Most of the games that Microsoft publishes end up reviewing really well. Whoever has been in charge of signing up games for them in the last couple of years has been doing a great job at finding them.

Or I guess the cynical position would be that whoever is in charge of media relations is doing a great job

V_Arnold

Gamer365.hu review (9/10) (non-english review, beware)

gamer365 said:
Sine Mora is like a talented, self-confident athlete. Setting the bar high in every aspect - gameplay, content, presentation, story -, he runs in anyways, smiling, and makes the jump. The unlikely collaboration of Digital Reality and Grasshopper Manufacture has resulted in a game that is enjoyable by any kind of gamers, but is well fit for the hardcore shoot'em up players as well. Its atmosphere and presence lingers on however, even after one puts down the controller - and that is a very powerful feat in this day and age.

This was me : )

JoeFenix

Is this a complete 360 exclusive or is it just a timed exclusivity? I remember it was announced for PS3 back then no?

Gowans

The gamesTM guys tweet saying he's played all the SHUMPs and this is his favourite made me try ASAP.

Played a good chunk today, it's just amazing!

So happy to see this game get lots of praise. Was hoping to get a chance to play it this morning before work but woke up a lil late. Can't wait to sink my teeth into it later tonight.

Gowans

I hope the leaderboards fill up quickly, im gona play again tonight as soon as I get the chance.

The feel, controls, graphics and style are spot on, feels so good.

V_Arnold

We put our review up today at noon. SelectButton

I feel disturbed by the lack of any mention of the guys who actually created the gameplay (which is Digital Reality, not Grasshopper), which is a sad trend amongst reviewers nowadays - not even checking the credits, for example... -.-

Also, the language being spoken is pure hungarian. : )

Gowans

I love the amount of character this game has woven into it, it would be polished away from most devs/publishers. (glad this became MS late).

Hungarian voice over
Adult language
Dark text story, Rape etc.

On top of a killer game it's a great breath of fresh air.

Adam J.

Just took the demo for a spin--the production values are through the roof and the story/characters seems ridiculously compelling for a shoot em' up.

Will buy later tonight when I get home.

Gowans

Game is tough even on Normal (tho plenty of continues) not having problems getting through it but getting E ranks all the time :(

Amazing game.

I can see why they said it would take 40 hours to get all the achievements.

Love how in order to get an achievement, you need to accomplish a set of challenges.

..and of course, there's a 1CC challenge lol.

Time to sit down and spend a few hours with this game.

Garcia Hotspur

Neo Member
Wow that Destructoid review sure was flattering. All I was expecting was a decent shmup with excellent music.(Akira Yamaoka)

Hearing that this game actually has a deep and coherent story has my hype through the roof. Can't wait to play this.

Samus4145

I feel disturbed by the lack of any mention of the guys who actually created the gameplay (which is Digital Reality, not Grasshopper), which is a sad trend amongst reviewers nowadays - not even checking the credits, for example... -.-

Also, the language being spoken is pure hungarian. : )

Yeah, spoken to the review about it. He put it up without it being reviewed...

V_Arnold

I like how the reaction here is the polar opposite to the reaction on Shmups Forum.

I am sorry.
I just read through a thread where a bunch of whiny players refuse to adapt to a new game, but instead wants to play through this with their own habits, own comfort zones, and not give a damn about what the game might expect from them.

At day one, I was a whiny kid as well. I said FUCK THE GARBAGE level.
Guess what... next day, I went through it perfectly. I am going through it perfectly. And I am not a hardcore shoot'em up player. And I use an arcade stick (TE Madcatz)... bah.

And bitching about first boss hitting you? You can memorize that within..what? 10 tries? 15 mins? The bosses can always be avoided in one of the corners or in the proper places. Usual stuff when you just need to learn the pattern.

Some of that criticism will actually go away, I believe, if they stay with the game for a few more tries. Nobody likes to get out of their comfort zones. But that does not mean that it is bad to actually do so :p

danmaku

I like how the reaction here is the polar opposite to the reaction on Shmups Forum.

At least everyone is praising the graphics :p but yeah, the game has some problems. I don't understand the hate that western devs have for popcorn enemies. Why even the smallest enemy must have a lifebar? it makes you feel like your shot is too weak. Hard to see bullets are annoying (lol maybe that's what they took from Garegga?). Aside from that, I liked the demo, I'll get the full version.

V_Arnold

The mentality that you can't counter an opposing viewpoint without insulting those who hold it?

Once you actually manage to read through what I have said, I believe that you will understand that it is not meant as an insult - unless I love insulting myself as well ;)

Top Bottom