• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls |OT| New age of Heroines

flying over someone that has a meter is an unsafe activity though
That is my point. It is stupid, because that is all Painwheel can do. She has no ground game or projectile game.

Everything is super cancelable, even if you make the read, every attack can be cancelled into super and the 2nd super wins more often than not. This turned anything you wanted to punish with Super that wasn't 0f (Showstopper or Fenrir Drive), into a Super countersuper DHC counter DHC until you reached your third or ran out of meter.

The hitstop made it so if you read a dash or a special or a normal thrown out or they were doing something other than blocking from up close, they could not cancel it into something to beat your read if they were hit within this 8f period.

The change is instead of 8f post super flash that you can't move, you can't move until active frame 2 of their super. This keeps the up close, you'll get hit for doing anything that isn't blocking but remedies the supers that traveled far within the old 8f hitstop that were like half screen unblockable.
Okay, so for my purposes, it isnt a change. Painwheel still gets smacked.

I loved the complete lack of value in random hypers. It forced people to play solid instead of YOLO Marvel crap. Plenty of stuff can still punish without getting countered in the game, like Double's car and Parasoul's sniper shot.

I get wanting hypers to be able to punish without eating a counter hyper. But I can't even fly in the neutral with this crap. Lock out response hypers if it is a problem, but if I am not pushing any buttons I should be able to fly cancel and block.

Mr. X

I think PW is keeping her actual fly cancel from the Beta in the BB patch so you'll be able to cancel fly and block as a new tool.

Anyone who had a tendency to mash Super is getting blown up at this point unless they were doing Sing xx Opera because people are much better at baiting than being always aggressive without fear like they were use to in Vanilla and SDE.

I think PW is keeping her actual fly cancel from the Beta in the BB patch so you'll be able to cancel fly and block as a new tool.

Anyone who had a tendency to mash Super is getting blown up at this point unless they were doing Sing xx Opera because people are much better at baiting than being always aggressive without fear like they were use to in Vanilla and SDE.
Do I have enough frames to fly cancel? Because the issue last time I played was that Buer Reaper couldn't come out, so I am thinking fly cancels might not either. If I can fly cancel, then all is well.

MegamanDan

Neo Member
Saturday Night Salt starting at 7pm PST! Prizes will be awarded to the players that played best voted by the viewers. So tune in, watch and vote for your favorite player to win the prize (even if they lose the match!).

It will be a fight card with 3 main fights. This weeks competitors are:

RickoniX vs Dhoppler
RetroStation vs evilben
alexpi vs Uzumakihero

Stream is at www.twitch.tv/eightysixed

Hosted by Night Phyre!

Mr. X

Do I have enough frames to fly cancel? Because the issue last time I played was that Buer Reaper couldn't come out, so I am thinking fly cancels might not either. If I can fly cancel, then all is well.

Depends on the Super and how far away you are.

You can check all this out in the Endless Beta since all those changes have been live there for a week or 2 now.

Broken Loose

Neo Member
Okay, so for my purposes, it isnt a change. Painwheel still gets smacked.

I loved the complete lack of value in random hypers. It forced people to play solid instead of YOLO Marvel crap. Plenty of stuff can still punish without getting countered in the game, like Double's car and Parasoul's sniper shot.

I get wanting hypers to be able to punish without eating a counter hyper. But I can't even fly in the neutral with this crap. Lock out response hypers if it is a problem, but if I am not pushing any buttons I should be able to fly cancel and block.

Uh, dude, the change is that there's LESS hitstop than before. The hitstop on super flash has been in since MDE. Your example of Diamond Dynamo had 8 frames where it would freeze you after the flash. It now has 7.

In fact, the hitstop made PW really busted when it came out, because Hatred Install was safe on whiff. It was possible to HI and then do an unblockable jab if you had perfect timing and the opponent wasn't already blocking beforehand. PW can still superjump behind the opponent's head and do an instant quasi-unblockable Buer Thresher.

As was already stated, if you want to know why this is in the game, go into Training Mode and turn off super flashes. See how much stuff you can block on reaction with those disabled.

Uh, dude, the change is that there's LESS hitstop than before. The hitstop on super flash has been in since MDE. Your example of Diamond Dynamo had 8 frames where it would freeze you after the flash. It now has 7.

In fact, the hitstop made PW really busted when it came out, because Hatred Install was safe on whiff. It was possible to HI and then do an unblockable jab if you had perfect timing and the opponent wasn't already blocking beforehand. PW can still superjump behind the opponent's head and do an instant quasi-unblockable Buer Thresher.

As was already stated, if you want to know why this is in the game, go into Training Mode and turn off super flashes. See how much stuff you can block on reaction with those disabled.
I know. I don't think you read what my concern is.

Malajax

The description in the video leads me to believe that she is actually a thing. If so, hype!

Also, is Big Band done yet? I heard a few weeks ago that he was basically done in the beta. I'm ready to jump back in again.

NEO0MJ

I asked in the thread on Gaming Discussion, but does she actually have anything different to Filia?

She shares all of Fillia's normals but has new moves, all exclusive to her. Instead of her regular Hairball she now has a projectile where Samson spits a hairball, it has different firing angles and the LP version bounces. Her MK and HK air attacks have been switched, and she has a target combo where she can follow the A.HK with a downward angled A.HP. She has a Rushing drill move and two command grabs.
She has Lots of supers, such as a LV.1 air projectile, a LV.2/3 teleport attack that results in a crush, a LV.2/3 close range attack that results in a wall bounce, and a level 5 grab that does awful damage.
Also, her normal stance is Fillia's victory stance where the wind is blowing her hair.

Beats

Mike said on Skullheart that it took less than a week to put her in the game and that he has no plans to remove her.

Crocodile

A remix character that uses existing frames is a little different than animating a new one from scratch. :p

A shame there is a 100% chance that a nonzero number of people online won't understand this and will be bitching about "ZOMG if they can make characters in a week why did they need 800k, those scam artists"

:(

I think its a clever joke though :)

Thores

Wait, when was work finished on her? Is it possible that she's in the Big Band build you guys sent out for console testing?

If the community wants to keep her, we'll roll her out free in Eliza's patch.
She needs some kind of visual distinction from Filia. Otherwise I am going to forget who I am fighting mid-battle and mis-react to events. Even if it's just some kind of colored aura around her so I know it's Fukua.

i-Jest

Keep her in the game.

You're going to put in Robo-Fortune eventually, so why not?

AND eventually this will all trickle down to consoles.......eventually. I light a candle in hope of Zone-tan debute as playable :) #wait #loadscreen #patienceisavirtue #turtlelike #longhaul #odssey #commitment #marriage XD

Beats

I think she should be kept in if they can differentiate her from Filia a bit more, and if they can refine the animation work of the 'new' moves. Not really sure if that's something they'd be willing to do though. :x

TheOGB

Banned
I vote that Fukua replaces Fillia in the game...
Now this would have my vote. Fukua > Filia.
GaMqfiR.gif

Loona

If the community wants to keep her, we'll roll her out free in Eliza's patch.

I haven't even tried her yet but I'd rather keep her around, why waste Mike's work?

I wonder if Alex has story mode plans for her, it'd be trickier to reuse assets for that...

Edit: took her for a spin, feels nice - I tend to like the option of projectiles, but I found myself using the aerial HK into HP - I'm not a combo guy, but using that for once let me use her launcher more than once in a combo, which never happens, let alone the use of air combos.
That move sequence it particular also came in handy for Marie's 3rd form, something most characters don't seem built to tackle, so that's a nice bonus.

Top Bottom