• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition |OT| of Pork Bun References

MRORANGE

Nobody made a OT for it, here is the one from last time:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=485615

That's it really, it comes out next week on next gen consoles and it looks the same as the PC version now, it does have a artbook though.

The pc version looks the same as before.

Gif of the game:

if9VAGXL1Yotv.gif

Loved it the first time round, it looked great on my PC so I don't think its worth paying for again.

I'll pick it up later cheap.

Dr Dogg

Don't know if you clocked my post in the Steam thread but the PC physical release is the same artbook packaging as the console version, at a third of the price and mine got shipped today! Of course FFXIII is going to be hogging all my storage space but can't wait to get tucked back into Sleepy Dawgs for the forth time.

getting this for the console, hyped as fuck

been meaning to replay it for the longest time, really aching for some Wei Fucking Shen action

Dysun

Incoming Square Enix "Didn't sell enough for another Sleeping Dogs" after charging 60 bucks for a 2 year old port

RoKKeR

Wait, this is out in a week? Time flies...

Anyways, price tag is laughable but I'm interested to try it out later down the line.

Nzyme32

Seems the only changes in the PC version I've seen so far is better AO, some extra bras on a stall and a fog effect. In some pictures I prefer the original.... it's a weird one.

Regardless, it is an incredible game and thoroughly deserving of having more money thrown at it, but I think I'll skip till I have the urge to replay it and the price is justifiable

Kilau

I really enjoyed this game. The story had me from the start, very cool setting also.

I wouldn't mind playing it again but not for $60.

Kiru

for some reasons , you can't buy this game in Germany ( steam )

Just a heads up, not only that, you also can't run the game in germany even if you got it gifted from somewhere else. People already complained and one dev/community guy is already looking into it.

Tizoc

GIF?
GIF?!
MRORANGE THIS ISTHE AGE OF WEBM!
Kindly webm that gigantic fat bloating thing.

Also settingthis gameto max settings but using normal AA (in game option) still has it run at 60 FPS.
My eyes
they have seen the greatness of this game.

Now I want a pork bun in my hand...sorta

Qassim

If you haven't played this game before, it's definitely worth it - it has a great combat system and overall is quite a compelling campaign. If you already owned the PC version beforehand, there aren't many arguments in favour of buying this version though.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I hope they fixed the subtitles in this version. Tried playing the PS3 version a year ago when it was free on plus and the subtitles were just ridiculously tiny and basically unreadable.

Definitely not interested in checking this out for $60 though. Kind of ridiculous. The fact the PC version is only $30 kind of says what they think about the amount of stuff they added.

Larogue

I bought it for $5 on steam back in summer sales, and also have it free on my 360 with Game with Gold. Why again they are asking $60 for this?

L.O.R.D

Just a heads up, not only that, you also can't run the game in germany even if you got it gifted from somewhere else. People already complained and one dev/community guy is already looking into it.

the funny thing is , it support German language

JFdJSKf.jpg

So people who picked it up on Steam for $5 can get this for $15 but people who got it on console for the crazy digital prices they charge pay $60

Cant be completely mad. I mean at least Square tried on PC.....

sector4

I saw it in the shops yesterday and picked it up, I only played it for a tiny bit last night, but it was running in 30fps which was a little disappointing. It looked really nice though.

Corgi

Banned
Blog did mention minor enhancements for PC too. New character face models, denser crowds, more view distance. More effects.

ReaperXL7

I look forward to Remastered titles more than new IP's.

This is next-gen!

There are quite a few current gen games I'm excited to get my hands on but some of these definitive editions are games that I never got a chance to play so I can't complain much.

I'm still (maybe for nothing) holding out hope for one that is fallout/The elder scrolls related especially since they had a lot of issues on PS3.

Bethesda should give us something to tide us over since Fallout 4/TES 6 are nowhere to be seen

Karak

I have been searching for hours for true differences as I have both versions installed but this is truly so close that its a pictures difference only(aside from the traffic). Can't say I find it worth it.

Marceles

Bought the PC version on Steam for $4 in April, and now I see the definitive is $30. Glad I bought it when I did.

Toki767

So people who picked it up on Steam for $5 can get this for $15 but people who got it on console for the crazy digital prices they charge pay $60

Cant be completely mad. I mean at least Square tried on PC.....

I get the complaint, but really both PS+ and Games with Gold gave the original game out at one point and I don't believe either stores really have a way to distinguish the purchase from a "purchase".

Rembrandt

Banned
Rockstar really spoiled me because this looks good, but GTAV looking great. Either way, I enjoyed it last gen and I need something to quench my open-world thirst and Watch Dogs couldn't do it.

$15 isn't bad considering the definitive edition contains all DLC, including the 3 extra mini-stories.

C'mon. Let's not pretend any of that DLC worth the money. (Aside from maybe the Monkey King skin pack. Seriously.)

Edit: Ok, if the game is significantly enhanced by the other changes it might be worthwhile at that price... maybe.

Kiru

Is there a list of new shit included in the DE?

Quoting the Square Enix Blog post on this:
Now I know that a fair few PC gamers are asking what the difference between the Definitive Edition and the original game with an HD textures pack is - here's your answer: we've redone a lot more than just the textures. We've also reworked character faces, added particle and ambient effects such as volumetric fog. Furthermore, the draw distances have been substantially improved and the gameplay has seen a lot of tweaking. Things that might have been too easy or difficult have been rejigged. Additional breakable enviroment objects have also been introduced so you can have more fun tossing enemy thugs around. On top of all these technical improvements, you've also got the added bonus of almost all previously released DLC packs - that includes outfits, cars and extra story-extending content that amounts to over three hours of additional story gameplay.
Source: http://eu.square-enix.com/en/blog/pre-order-sleeping-dogs-definitive-edition-now

So:

- reworked character faces
- particle and ambient effects such as volumetric fog
- draw distances have been substantially improved
- gameplay tweaked, things that might have been too easy or difficult have been rejigged
- additional breakable enviroment objects
- higher res UI + xbox one button prompts

I do not have a problem with $60 already pre-ordered but I changed my HDD after I pre-ordered and Sleeping Dogs have been gone from my PS4 dashboard whatever you call the front page where all your games are shown, I see it in my library but I wanted that cool countdown on my front menu

Top Bottom