• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition |OT| of Pork Bun References

bryanee

It was a PS4 stream.

I've been playing the PS4 version and I haven't seen any screen tearing or any glitches of any kind so far.

Some shitty images I took.

ioRKZxSsLZaRc.jpg

ibpmY5b5kdTqMI.jpg

i6MU9YXTXPr0F.jpg

i5LoOKdKwVAfW.jpg

ibwH6X86rIwBF3.jpg

iBROLGkexCZkf.jpg

iYBLdQBEHQN1z.jpg

iCKs3BrFL9Sbq.jpg

ibxsCEyF5SAw1w.jpg

ibeo0kYpSILLs8.jpg

ibd7KCFLqJ4Fii.jpg

ihYFZ8jQymbUm.jpg

ibrIka9iQ8VZjm.jpg

Taken on PS4, copied to USB uploaded to minus.

When can I use the DLC costumes? They don't appear to be in my wardrobe.

Apparntly it's not great: http://www.videogamer.com/reviews/sleeping_dogs_definitive_edition_review_ps4.html

Also so David Scammell from Videogamer call it the worst remaster yet on Twitter.
Hope that's an outlier... based on a few other impressions here though I see it more likely as consensus though.

You know, if you a dev is going to be a half-assed job (assuming this becomes consensus which I still hope it doesn't), then don't try add new face textures, new destructible world objects, new weather effects, etc.

Just make sure the original version is better polished and make it 1080p/60fps. If you're going to keep it at 30fps because you want to add a lot of new art, then make sure you can afford the effort to make it polished. I'm OK with 30fps again if the new textures and effects justify it but otherwise I'd have just preferred a direct PS3 port with improved res and fr =/

Kensuke

I think the races might have been made easier. I'm having way less trouble winning. It seems like there is less rubberbanding.

Thank god, because I remember the races being an incredible pain in the ass.

When can I use the DLC costumes? They don't appear to be in my wardrobe.

You can buy them from a vendor. It's a conspicuous orange icon in the map.

Wiseblood

So when they say this comes with all the DLC, does that include the cheat DLCs like the Top Dog packs? If so, do they give you a way to disable those?

Frazley

So when they say this comes with all the DLC, does that include the cheat DLCs like the Top Dog packs? If so, do they give you a way to disable those?
Hope so! Was my first game I got for the PS3 and I bought these without thinking (was excited for the game) ruined my experience with everything unlocked.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Is it really really bad? I never finished the 360 version I own - I was looking forward to playing it on PS4. Ah well

BigDug13

Didn't Tomb Raider definitive drop to $40 in less than 2 weeks? Fully expecting that here too. Maybe sooner since it's reviewing worse than TRDE.

Krakn3Dfx

Might pick up the Definitive version upgrade on Steam for $15 next week when I get paid, kind of a bummer that it's as much as it is when I already have all of the DLC, but seems to have some nice bumps in certain areas.

bryanee

I had the same crash that I had yesterday so that's two times now. In the same place while loading a save.

That being said it runs good and look just fine. No tearing and I haven't noticed any frame rate issues yet....

Dazzyman

I loved this on 360 so like GTA I've no problem in double dipping. It was up as one of my GOTY when it came out.

If u never played it you needz it in your life and it's in my opinion better than Mordor.

i-Lo

I got it free w/ ps plus and wanted to double dip after a price drop. However, I'm confused how they could screw up the framerate on current gen system while targeting 30fps.

Armaly

If I already own vanilla and want to test out my new card would it be better to just play on vanilla or upgrade to DE? Is all the dlc included in DE?

tekrapid

Neo Member
Been playing this on PS4 and all i can say is that i'm extremely disappointed they shipped the game with the performance problems. Mostly it runs well but cutscenes will occasionally stutter, screen tear creeps in during free roaming and random frame rate drops for seemingly no reason. I wish they'd delayed it to give it the work that it deserves.

Corgi

Banned
If I already own vanilla and want to test out my new card would it be better to just play on vanilla or upgrade to DE? Is all the dlc included in DE?
All included. And for $15, no reason not to.

Caved in. Having a good time so far. Some of the textures seemed to have downgraded a little from pc hd textures, but new fog and lighting makes the game looks overall better. There is noticeable framerate hit, but lowering some things i can still hit 60fps solid at 1440p with a 780.

Game play changes, counter stance animation changed and is longer, so you are punished more for failure. Think enemy health has been lowered a bit so combat is snappier. The added crowd does make chases more of a hassle.

About all i notice from a few hours in.

DOWN

Banned
more like $30, which it probably will be within a month.

Yeah, I normally find price drops like that to be a big exaggeration, but considering Black Friday is next month and they had to switch the PSN price to 10% off, I bet this will drop faster than Tomb Raider DE.

dreamfall

I might pull the trigger on PS4.

I absolutely loved the game on PC. Would like it for the library, although that price point is way too high!

Skyzard

Banned
I picked up Sleeping Dogs late.

£3.50 or some ridiculous price on pc. Played the intro and a bit, seemed good enough. The combat was awesome and the city seemed cool too but it had this big blue tint and weird box city lighting to it ... I couldn't dig in (until it got the head tracking mod). Watch Dogs just looked too damn immersive to fire up Sleeping Dogs on my rig. Although I knew it was really popular.

Someone was selling a key for this for $9, and I never picked up the DLC originally. I wasn't sure if the improvements from screenshots were just due to contrast changes that I can sort out in sweetfx - I really don't think that's the case now.

They fixed that fake blue boxyness with this game for me. The city looks much more believable because of the lighting. It looks really fantastic at times imo. I'm not 100% if this is limited to if you use the higher settings, which are demanding. From what I saw of the PS4 version it looks good too.

eshwaaz

This phoned-in port really makes me sad. I was putting off a replay in an anticipation of the Definitive Edition, but I'm not supporting this crap. I can't even buy the original version on Steam anymore. I guess I'll replay my 360 version and dream of what could have been.

I can't wait for Square Enix to cite poor sales of Definitive as proof that single player-only games are dead.

I had the same crash that I had yesterday so that's two times now. In the same place while loading a save.

That being said it runs good and look just fine. No tearing and I haven't noticed any frame rate issues yet....

Maybe the update fixed some things?

Fingers crossed I will be playing at midnight.

been playing for a while, I feel right now I suck at fighting

can you access the whole map after you do a few missions?

what do you need to have a car saved in the parking?

sorry for the bump I guess I am the only one playing this game since midnight but I was wondering were is all the bonus content and packs?

I only see two DLC stories available where is all the promised packs found?

Top Bottom