• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sleeping Dogs: Nightmare in North Point |OT| Jiang Shi all up in Hong Kong

Naite

For anyone doing the Vampire Hunter stat award, be wary of how you finish them off. Doing the grapple finisher when your face meter is full doesn't count, as with running them over with a car. I wasted so many kills because I didn't know about this.

For anyone doing the Vampire Hunter stat award, be wary of how you finish them off. Doing the grapple finisher when your face meter is full doesn't count, as with running them over with a car. I wasted so many kills because I didn't know about this.

You mean the punch to the face when he puts the sticker and kills them? Or that one counts?

I beat the main quest in around an hour. Loved it though. Definitely going back for more. Worth $5. Would've liked to carry over my stats from the main game though. Not having the Dim Mak counter was weird.

I also bought the SWAT Pack. Apparently it was free for those who pre-ordered or something. If you don't have it, it's really not worth your money. I just wanted something else to do. Very boring.

Neiteio

I beat the main quest in around an hour. Loved it though. Definitely going back for more. Worth $5.

I also bought the SWAT Pack. Apparently it was free for those who pre-ordered or something. If you don't have it, it's really not worth your money. I just wanted something else to do.
What's it like? For a few bucks it might be worth it.

lol love the badass finisher during 'tea mode'.

Is it just me or are all of the statue moves not available for shen? Maybe I just forgot the input (you can't read up on them in your pause T_T).

I do love the feel of this dlc even though it's quite repetitive (you pretty much do 2 different fight scenarios for 2 hrs).

And Wei Shen is easily the most badass new main character this year.

Not sure why smily cat was happy at the end, he just got fucked up, and he's about to get fucked... in bed.

I can see good things with future dlc. They need a staff weapon next.

fleck0

lol love the badass finisher during 'tea mode'.

Is it just me or are all of the statue moves not available for shen? Maybe I just forgot the input (you can't read up on them in your pause T_T).

I found all of my combo finishers, the tackle punch, and the limb breaks worked fine. The only thing I noticed I couldn't do was the flying kick followup. I wish I could play through the regular game with "tea mode"

Salsa

and done

bPOg9.png

steam says 3.7 hours

6PdbI.png

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
wait so which girlfriend is in it ?

because the way I played the game, I was girlfriend hopping every few minutes, and by the end I'm not sure if I was "tied" to any one of them ..

What's it like? For a few bucks it might be worth it.

You've got two mission types that I've seen so far:

1. You shoot some bad guys holed up somewhere and then chase the last one on foot.
2. You chase down a car, wreck it and then beat up and chase the passengers.

That's it. The engagements are shorter than the time it takes to drive to them. No cutscenes or story. Just seemingly random 2-3min events.

web01

Yeah the SWAT DLC mission are a complete rip off. Seriously do not buy.
Feel like something that should have been added in a free update if that.

pikablu

So mad I can't access internet properly at the moment. Going to have to bring my xbox to a friends house so I can download this.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Well, based on the DLC leak, we've still got the following to come.

Sleeping Dogs - Martial Arts Pack
Sleeping Dogs - Deep Undercover Pack
Sleeping Dogs - The Dragon Master Pack
Sleeping Dogs - The Drunken Master
Sleeping Dogs - Square Pack
Sleeping Dogs - Zodiac Tournament
Sleeping Dogs - Transportation Terror Pack

Salsa

Well, based on the DLC leak, we've still got the following to come.

Sleeping Dogs - Martial Arts Pack
Sleeping Dogs - Deep Undercover Pack
Sleeping Dogs - The Dragon Master Pack
Sleeping Dogs - The Drunken Master
Sleeping Dogs - Square Pack
Sleeping Dogs - Zodiac Tournament
Sleeping Dogs - Transportation Terror Pack

- cosmethics
- cosmethics
- cosmethics
- cosmethics
- cosmethics (probably Jensen's coat as hinted at, and other square stuff?)
- probably arena type thing a la mad moxxi, but maybe story driven?
- cosmethics?

george_us

I assume I have to download the 1.03 patch before I can play this? I downloaded the DLC but it doesn't seem like the missions are showing up.

Sober

That was definitely fun. And for 5$, that was a sweat ride.

You also have all the moves unlocked, which is nice. Noticed that if you do the GSP move (lock on+hold grapple) on the Jiang Shi, that stuns them (with the parchment), so you can do that even if your face meter isn't filled for the finisher.

I like the game even suggests you should just run everyone over or beat the crap out of them because they're possessed. Dunno if it was a bug, but a lot of the voices were 'possessed' and when I went to buy food it applied it to Wei's voice.

Also Vincent was great, good for them to write a character we knew about but never saw in the main story.

Sojgat

So much games arrrrggh. Halo 4 is out in under a week... sigh I'm gonna get this and start playing Sleepy dogs again. Life's tough I suppose.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I want a Chinese New Year themed DLC with fireworks going off everywhere all the time. They could even reuse the randomly exploding cars from this in it.

Cowie

Man, this is the epitome of shit that doesn't matter, but.. isn't Jiang Shi the Mandarin term, and something like Geong Si the Cantonese? I want to say that Old Salty Crab got it right, at least.

Forkball

I beat it in under two hours. Short, but a lot of fun. It does get repetitive near the end since you just fight the vampires over and over (who are pretty challenging though). The story was interesting and the missions were fast-paced. Definitely worth $5. My favorite addition was the peachwood sword. Stabbing a hopping vampire with a wooden sword... you can't really top that.

How does this connect to the game itself? Is this something you do as a separate thing from your main game? I'm only a few hours in so I don't have a 'girlfriend' yet. I'm assuming since somebody mentioned your stats don't carry over this is like the GTA expansions where they are just completely separate from your main game?

Interfectum

How does this connect to the game itself? Is this something you do as a separate thing from your main game? I'm only a few hours in so I don't have a 'girlfriend' yet. I'm assuming since somebody mentioned your stats don't carry over this is like the GTA expansions where they are just completely separate from your main game?

You select it at the title screen. Like GTA4 + Expansions.

The expansion does assume you've beaten the game though so be weary of spoilers.

You select it at the title screen. Like GTA4 + Expansions.

The expansion does assume you've beaten the game though so be weary of spoilers.

Gotcha, I'll wait until I finish the game then. Especially if like some have mentioned the enemies are tougher ... I'm on the "Benny in the bathroom" mission (not sure the name, but you fight his guards then go to the bathroom to find him in the Karaoke club) and having a bitch of a time.

Hopefully snag it on sale or something.

Ban Puncher

Bought it and about two hours later I had finished it with all achievements. Brief but fun.

Hanging with Old Salty Crab again and
Ghost Vincent
was great, especially the candid dialogue. The ending got a chuckle.

Would advise anyone who has not finished the main game to avoid NiNP until they do so.

also am I the only that thought Smiley Cat was
Jackie Ma?

that would have been cooler

He has the same hair and body type. I thought when the trailer was released that he was going to be
big smile lee
, but when you play his live story is completly new so you know
he is not someone from the first game

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
This is awesome!

For future I would love an arena DLC too like an expansion of those fight club style missions. More of those with more variety and some crazy additions or something. Love that stuff.

Neiteio

SpacePirate Ridley said:
I think thats all. Some screens I made (I think the texture resolution of the city is worse in this mode).
Bought this DLC, haven't played it yet, but that screenshot you took of the cat-man is gorgeous. :)

Top Bottom