• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sleeping Dogs: Nightmare in North Point |OT| Jiang Shi all up in Hong Kong

Jinroh

I didn't really enjoy it, most of the DLC was getting to a designated mission point to start a fight, and repeat that during 1-1 hours and a half. There's no variety in gameplay, nothing to do.

It was "worth" the 4 bucks; you get what you pay for...

Jhoan

I thought I got my money's worth for 1.5 hours (2 with the medal grinding to be done). It was pretty cheesy, had a good sense of humor, but was a bit too combat heavy (which I didn't mind all that much), so it could've used more variety of gameplay/ locations. It wasn't as beefy as Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare's content but I thoroughly enjoyed it. I wanted more Sleeping Dogs and it delivered by a nose despite the repetitive nature of it.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
One thing I didn't like was the game completely eliminated the upgrade tree, sure I had it all the way full in the main game and had all the attack combo's unlocked as well.

and they WORK in NoNP, but the game doesn't tell you about that at all, coming after some time off from the game it was hard to get back into and remember the combos.

Beat it in one sitting last week, like most.

Gotta say I was extremely disappointed.

The main game was praised by most (myself included) for always trying to go one above what you would expect from typical Sandbox mechanics.

A more-than-shallow combat system

A more-than-shallow Gun-fight system

A powerful graphics engine

Large, beautiful representation on Hong Kong as opposed to "insert New York or LA clone here"

Then when it comes to DLC, it just seems lazy more than anything else. Seems they established the new "rules" about how to take down the ghosts / demons, then just stopped thinking and made you run around fighting the same enemies over and over.

I know the "you get what you pay for" argument is out there, but I still feel justified in pointing out how "incomplete" all this feels.

Top Bottom