• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sleeping Dogs |OT| not releasing this would have been a True Crime

ekim

Just noticed the 360 version got leaked. Now it's time for an information lockout on the game for me.

SJRB

Gold Member
The requirements are up on the Steam page. Hmm... Just having trouble deciding whether to get it from GMG or Steam and get the TF2 stuff.

Care to post them for the office knights like myself who can't visit Steam?

ekim

Minimum:
Processor: Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz or Althon X2 2.7 GHz
Memory: 2GB
Hard Disk Space: 15GB
Video Card: DirectX 10 or 11 compatible Nvidia or AMD ATI card, ATI Radeon 3870 or higher, Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT or higher
DirectX®: 10
Sound: DirectX compatible sound card

Recommended:
Processor: Quad-core Intel or AMD CPU
Memory: 4GB
Video Card: DirectX 11 Nvidia or AMD ATI card, Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 or ATI Radeon 6950
DirectX®: 11

red731

That OT.
friday.gif

Interest rising.

Solo

Hopefully this will be good and not devolve into the unfocused blandness that most open world games do.

Shaneus

Fuck store-exclusive preorders. And that DLC? Fuck that too while we're at it.

But I ordered this what seems like months ago when it was first up on GMG for cheap, so hopefully something halfway-decent is thrown in.

gdt

Minimum:
Video Card: DirectX 10 or 11 compatible Nvidia or AMD ATI card, ATI Radeon 3870 or higher, Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT or higher

Recommended:
Video Card: DirectX 11 Nvidia or AMD ATI card, Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 or ATI Radeon 6950

6950 recommended? Holy shit. Seems like they mean to absolutely max it, instead of the usual "middle it" that recommended usually means.

catabarez

Minimum:

Recommended:

That better be max settings lol. I have nothing to worry about, but I want this game to look the best when I play it.

ekim

I don't know what to believe with the game time stuff. I've seen media people say 30+ and now I'm seeing 14-20.

I guess they rushed through the game. For me it will be around 30 hours I guess with all those distractions and exploring the city by foot and by car while stopping at trafficlights and stuff.

ironcreed

Banned
That is 14 for the story and they said 20 with the additional stuff. I am guessing you can get a lot more from just exploring, riding around and wreaking havoc in the city making your own fun. Something those playing on a review deadline don't have enough time to do. Factoring in all of that and a main storyline that lasts 14 hours, I am more than good.

yeah these huge open worlds are for exploring, its not like a corridor shooter where what you see in the x hours playing through the story missions is all there is to see.

Arcteryx

20 is a little disappointing, considering those extra side missions will probably be of the variety that I usually skip in GTA type games(I hope I'm wrong).

v0mitg0d

I'm in a pickle GAF.

My review copied arrived yesterday, however I'm unable to determine the correct embargo information and SE PR hasn't responded to my emails.

Want....to......talk......

JebusF

Neo Member
14 hours will be if you mainline the story, which nobody ever does in these games.

Online reviews will pop up next week :)

i'd much prefer a solid 14-20hours over a game being pointlessly bloated out to 50hour+ just to have that as a bullet point on the back of the box

how does steam pre-ordering work? do they charge the card immediately or on the day of release?

also, is this game gonna preload so it can be downloaded before release date?

That's interesting. Most people would say that '20 hours being too long' is what is killing the industry.

Who says that? 20 hours for a non-RPG is a pretty good length. If you're just playing through an open world game without doing side missions then many of them will end up being around 20 hours. But that usually isn't what happens with those games. People get distracted with doing side missions or doing different activities in the world. So a game that could take them 20 hours will now take them 40 hours.

JebusF

Neo Member

Quite. I'd far prefer a focused affair than a sprawling title that goes for 100 hours but bores the arse off me before I've even seen 50% of the content.

Game is too short, game is too long, won't somebody think of the children?

derExperte

how does steam pre-ordering work? do they charge the card immediately or on the day of release?

also, is this game gonna preload so it can be downloaded before release date?

-instantly

-we don't know yet as far as I know

And 20hrs is okay, SR3 (excluding DLC and doing some achievements), Gay Tony and Latd took me around that amount of time. Shouldn't be shorter though until everything is done.

All this shit about how the game is too short cause it's not got 50hours+ of collectibles and boring "other stuff" to do reminds me of Mafia 2. I loved that game, it was open world but only to set a scene. So many people just think that open world games must be like GTA which is one of the dumbest and most irritating beliefs in gaming.

JebusF

Neo Member
Steamworks Features Supported
  • DLC Support
  • Achievements
  • Auto Patching
  • Pre-Download
  • Store Save Games to the Cloud
  • Player to Player Chat

Hope that helps answer the above question.

As long as the 14 hours are all good content I'm happy, heck I'd rather spend $60 on a game that's 5 hours of great content, than one that's 20 hours long but 90% filler

As long as the 14 hours are all good content I'm happy, heck I'd rather spend $60 on a game that's 5 hours of great content, than one that's 20 hours long but 90% filler

It's 20 if you complete all essential missions, etc.

At least that's what the review is now claiming...

update: complete all the inessential stuff, and you're looking at around 20

Top Bottom