• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

small bluetooth headphones - suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
I have a few pairs of Sennheisers that I love very much - a big, comfortable HD series for the home and a small CX pair for when I'm on the go.

As does happen, my pair of CX's are on the way out and I am considering replacing them with another pair. Alternatively, I noticed BT headphone tech has gotten pretty good and I'd love wireless capability.

What is everyone's experience with small, BT headphones? I love good-ish audio and don't have an aversion to brands like Bose / Beats like many others so any and all suggestions are welcome. I'm not looking for large, over the ear cans - just small in-ears.

Thanks!

I like my Ankers, although they don't perfectly fit in-ear for me.

That said, I believe it to be more of an issue with my ear canals. I really need to get custom tips.

jon bones

Thanks guys, I'll look into those.

The Kinivios are not my style at all, though. Need something with a much smaller profile.

I love my Jaybird X2's. X3's should be out this year.

8 hour battery life and very small profile. If you like in-ear buds I'd check em out.

I love my Jaybird Bluebuds X but they are expensive and the actual part that goes in your ears is too big so if you have small ear canals it can be a problem. I use comply tips so that's helped.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Thanks guys, I'll look into those.

The Kinivios are not my style at all, though. Need something with a much smaller profile.

The Jaybird X2s should be pretty affordable these days as they launched the slightly upgraded X3s and the new top of the line Freedoms.

I'd say save the cash and pick up the cheaper X2s.

Hasney

The Jaybird X2s should be pretty affordable these days as they launched the slightly upgraded X3s and the new top of the line Freedoms.

I'd say save the cash and pick up the cheaper X2s.

To add to this OP, if you can find them still, the original X's are basically just the X2's. They barely did anything between revisions so just go with which of of the X's you can find for the cheapest.

To add to this OP, if you can find them still, the original X's are basically just the X2's. They barely did anything between revisions so just go with which of of the X's you can find for the cheapest.

This is true. You can fairly regularly find the originals for roughly $60 as I did.

j-wood

Had the Jaybird X2s for about a year. Not only are they amazing bluetooth headphones, but they are some of the best headphones I've ever had period. Sound quality is amazing. Battery life is great. Very comfortable, they don't fall out of my ear. I use the comply tips.

jon bones

Any word on the Jaybird X3 release date?

They seem nice & small, and would prefer waiting for the latest and greatest. Cost is not an issue here, but my patience might be.

For you guys that use headphones while jogging, what do you do with your phone or mp3 player?

I can't just have it swinging around in my pocket, and I don't want to hold it in my hand the entire time. I also don't want something bulky strapped to my arm while jogging. What do most people do?

Had the Jaybird X2s for about a year. Not only are they amazing bluetooth headphones, but they are some of the best headphones I've ever had period. Sound quality is amazing. Battery life is great. Very comfortable, they don't fall out of my ear. I use the comply tips.

See, I didn't like the comply tips because they degrade after two months. They just crumble. But the stock eartips with the X2's were fine for me.

Any word on the Jaybird X3 release date?

They seem nice & small, and would prefer waiting for the latest and greatest. Cost is not an issue here, but my patience might be.

I'm wondering this as well. I'll be picking up the X3's the day best buys gets em in stock.

For you guys that use headphones while jogging, what do you do with your phone or mp3 player?

I can't just have it swinging around in my pocket, and I don't want to hold it in my hand the entire time. I also don't want something bulky strapped to my arm while jogging. What do most people do?

I use my apple watch. Toss a playlist on it and pair it directly to my headphones. Works great.

SMattera

Plantronics BackBeat Fit Bluetooth Headphones

Great connection quality. Great sound. Durable. My only issue is that the battery life is, at most, 5 hours. But it's hard to find much better than that within the segment.

OP,

Hope you don't mind if I hijack your thread. Didn't want to create a new topic for the same question.

I'm looking for (preferably wireless) in-ear phones. Mostly to use for jogging. I'm not impressed with the quality of the Jaybird X2, plus they don't fit into my ears. Any price, as long as the sound quality is sharp/balanced, and they won't need to be replaced after a few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom