• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smite |OT| Release The Quacken

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
My friend and I play League of Legends all the time, and he just pointed this game out to me. How polished does it feel? I'm not in the mood to jump into something that still feels like a beta. But I won't lie---it does look intriguing.

theyve hyper polished the game over the years even when it came out in beta it was really smooth

The special event weekend starts today:

Special Halloween Event - The Reaping

Starting Friday October 17th through Sunday October 19th The Reaping will begin. All gods will be playable, every player will earn DOUBLE worshippers for matches completed, and for players courageous enough to get ALL first win of the day bonuses in all modes will earn 100 gems for each day. For the first win of the day bonus earned players will get a free exclusive Jack-O-Lantern player icons.

Giving 100 free gems for getting all 6 first win of the day bonuses + unlocking all of the gods... I can think of no better way for Hi-Rez to increase the amount of flaming and raging among their playerbase. People are gonna be trying really hard to win, while other people are gonna take advantage of the event to play gods they haven't unlocked yet. I played a few games today and got pretty lucky, but I am sure some of you will have awful experiences. The double worshipper bonus is cool though.

Strazyplus

The special event weekend starts today:

Special Halloween Event - The Reaping

Giving 100 free gems for getting all 6 first win of the day bonuses + unlocking all of the gods... I can think of no better way for Hi-Rez to increase the amount of flaming and raging among their playerbase. People are gonna be trying really hard to win, while other people are gonna take advantage of the event to play gods they haven't unlocked yet. I played a few games today and got pretty lucky, but I am sure some of you will have awful experiences. The double worshipper bonus is cool though.

was awful... Truely awful since I played every game mode to get 100 gems.
the funny thing was for the special game involved 3 fat gods... that game everyone played the same god I said "We gonna lose again arn't we." as been in a loosing streak five times in a row for this final game mode. like last three games a person went afk / lost connection on our team but we managed this game... and won!

besides that nightmare I have noticed everyone playing new gods and involved a lot of noobish games.

Indignate

Never solo queue; never rage.

Ok, will maybe get upset like 33% of the time less than I would normally at people making boneheaded moves.

Strazyplus

Also to everyone who plays smite, we have a clan made inside of smite. so if you want to be cool & have SMGAF tag on your name then simply request it here. we will add you!

So the other day I saw that the announcer packs were locked behind Odyssey purchases.

I then bought gems so I could buy like 7 items I didn't have on the map. It was then I realized I spend way too much fucking money on this game.

Strazyplus

Never solo queue; never rage.

Ok, will maybe get upset like 33% of the time less than I would normally at people making boneheaded moves.

Gotta have friends to play with to do that!

So the other day I saw that the announcer packs were locked behind Odyssey purchases.

I then bought gems so I could buy like 7 items I didn't have on the map. It was then I realized I spend way too much fucking money on this game.

1 God, 1 skin, 1 voice pack, 2 avatar icons = priceless, I mean didn't pay a dime.

Kukulkan (Ao Kaung originally(I miss him))
+Typhoon skin (red Skin)
+Voice pack

Icons
+Dragon eye avatar
+Retro Ao Kaung avatar

and for the next two days If I get both 200 gems I can earn I will save for a future god if I want another as Currently I am focusing to master just one god.
Just hoping they will release the retro Ao Kaung model as a new god with new powers at some point (I can hope) Gotta have more noddles!

dejan

Public conquest queue is almost unbearable right now. Last match I played with a Ne Zha on my team that was level 7 ... after 18 minutes. And no he wasn't afk in the fountain.
Played with solo laners who went for red buff at the start alone without hog and then getting in lane with like only 15% of their health left.
Supports recalling to base 3 times during the first two minutes of the game. No hog either, of course.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
they just need to fix the match making it lumps all levels of players together now for the past couple weeks every smurf i make i get matched against level 20s and 30s if i was new and had no idea what i was doing like the people you are talking about then that cause problems

Aaron

God, the matchmaking sucks. Why am I one of two people on my team that know what the heck they're doing? The rest just run in to commit suicide.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
God, the matchmaking sucks. Why am I one of two people on my team that know what the heck they're doing? The rest just run in to commit suicide.

it mixes all players together at the moment i think they have plans to change it soon with the new queue system i dont know what they did tho to break this one but its been this way for about 2-3 weeks not sure if it was to combat smurfing or what

Thrax

Banned
From the FB SMITE page:
This coming Monday we will be testing non-timed queues from 4:00 AM EDT to 12:00 PM EDT (or 10:00 AM CEST to 6:00 PM CEST).

Xyber

They need to fix the damn assault picks. Over the past 3 days we have gotten a full magical team 3 times and me and 2 friends re-roll just to get another magical god..

First roll should at least make it so it's impossible to only get magical or only physical.

Indignate

Had two really tough 30-40min joust games yesterday.

One was against a Aphro linked to a Herc with a Ymir on the side. The other was Kuku, Anubis, and Loki who just wave cleared and harassed the shit out of us.

Both teams beat us back to our phoenixes pretty quickly but through the power of teamwork and better play calling, we won both matches.

Neither called GG at the end even though they picked some cheap shit. Felt good.

I really love people who attack the entire enemy team by themselves, then blame others for their deaths.

I had a ADC who dove past two towers and die tell me that as a Merc jungle with a ult up, I shouldn't ever have allowed him to die even though I was at my speed.

Because if you weren't, you would be one of those three people who didn't know what they were doing.

Xyber

Can't wait for the new matchmaking.. Just had a game where we, 4 pretty casual players, was matched against players that all had at least 1000 wins and played with god rank 10 gods. None of us even have one god above 5. :p

They steamrolled us like we had never even played the game before.

Aaron

Had something really strange. Guy was playing the bee guy with VIII experience... but his build was total shit. He had no HP, and would run right at the enemy, and then be surprised when they killed him.

MightyKAC

I really do love this game but I simply refuse to play with randoms.

Playing Smite with a good group of people that you can vibe well with and you know has your back, win or lose, is one of the best experiences is all of gaming.

Getting stuck with selfish, foul mouth, greedy randoms, who blame you for they're crappy playing however sucks ALL the fun out of this game.

Indignate

Can't wait for the new matchmaking.. Just had a game where we, 4 pretty casual players, was matched against players that all had at least 1000 wins and played with god rank 10 gods. None of us even have one god above 5. :p

They steamrolled us like we had never even played the game before.

I don't get why people play with level 10 gods in casuals. Like, take that to ranked games. I don't even like the term tryhard, but that shit seems way too tryhard.

gogosox82

Well I got the gems but wasn't worth it imo. Some of those games were unbearable to play. Will probably just skip it next time they gave a weekend like this.

Xyber

Well I got the gems but wasn't worth it imo. Some of those games were unbearable to play. Will probably just skip it next time they gave a weekend like this.

Yeah, I didn't even bother with this one. Hope they go back to small rewards for every first win instead next time.

Aaron

I know the feeling. Even the wins I got were miracles. So many suicidal players building only attack items and not surviving long enough to do much damage. Because they get kills they think it's alright, even though they always have more deaths.

alazz

Very true. My buddy and I have won both days so far, and it's a pretty bad experience (we're really only keeping at it because we're lucky enough to so little homework to such that we can actually play together). Friday was all right, but yesterday was horrible.

The all-Bacchus assault we played was seriously the most stupid fun we've ever had in this game, but then they made Spooky Siege and with it came the worst time we've ever had in this game. My buddy and I tried it 6 or 7 times before finally winning against a team of all Osiris at like 1 am.

Indignate

Sure, give me three people on my team who not only don't play conquest but have only started playing Smite a week ago.

Oh, the entire enemy team have all have about 100 games of conquest each?

That's a fun time.

I'm excited for this new matchmaking because it literally cannot be worse.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Ao Kuang was actually depicted as a humanoid with a dragon head, he wasn't some little noodley dragon. He was also a total prick, could shapeshift (once turned into a snake to hide from Ne Zha after taking an ass beating), and was capable of a lot more than just wind gusts. IIRC, even the number of arms and legs Ao Kuang had in game was inaccurate to what Chinese dragons were supposed to have too. Hi-Rez really didn't do their homework.

Strazyplus

I know. WTF did they do to my awesome chinese dragon?

Ao Kuang was actually depicted as a humanoid with a dragon head, he wasn't some little noodley dragon. He was also a total prick, could shapeshift (once turned into a snake to hide from Ne Zha after taking an ass beating), and was capable of a lot more than just wind gusts. IIRC, even the number of arms and legs Ao Kuang had in game was inaccurate to what Chinese dragons were supposed to have too. Hi-Rez really didn't do their homework.

Sure, give me three people on my team who not only don't play conquest but have only started playing Smite a week ago.

That's a fun time.

i+know+them+feels+bro+i+m+in+wanganui+_1fd72f11547d4f9285e978eebe9e7ea3.jpg

Had something really strange. Guy was playing the bee guy with VIII experience... but his build was total shit. He had no HP, and would run right at the enemy, and then be surprised when they killed him.

The leveling is based on playtime.

like me I only play one god and I am lvl 7 on him ( VII for those who dont know )
I feel like a noob still. but I often see other people on my team do even more stupid stuff than me.

I know. WTF did they do to my awesome chinese dragon?
I loved that god :(

neither did I nor I really care that much. I would love to see the Retro Ao Kuang model and Voice pack used again in some way... Would suck if we never see our original Noodle again D:

drotahorror

Deleted this game and decided to take a break until the matchmaking takes effect. Every time they do some sort of gem thing over a weekend I get stomped into oblivion. I don't think I'm a horrible player, but I'm not great either. But putting me on a team with people who suck or putting me up against people that make me look awful, upsets me too much hah.

So yeah, after playing pretty steadily since March, I think I'm done for a while.

Rndm

Hey guys. I got my LootCrate today and there was a code in there for this game. Since I do neither play it nor plan on doing so I thought I'd look for the OT and give it to someone on here. It unlocks Thanatos and also the exclusive Jack The Reaper skin. One time use only I guess. Have fun and don't take it if you have it already or will get your crate soon. Quote me to see it.

Indignate

Hey guys. I got my LootCrate today and there was a code in there for this game. Since I do neither play it nor plan on doing so I thought I'd look for the OT and give it to someone on here. It unlocks Thanatos and also the exclusive Jack The Reaper skin. One time use only I guess. Have fun and don't take it if you have it already or will get your crate soon. Quote me to see it.

Thank you kind sir.

One of the benefits of having trouble sleeping is being up at all times to catch stuff like this.

Sorry to the rest of the thread.

Strazyplus

[VGS] Curses!

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
I love it when you get a team of randoms who all have a good sense of humor. It's extremely rare but when it happens it's so great. My Arena match last night:

http://account.hirezstudios.com/smitegame/match-details.aspx?match=105778720

I jokingly requested an all tank team in the lobby, and all my teammates obliged. It was hilarious and we actually won lol. That was my first time playing Vamana in probably a year... I'm not a big fan.

did you say tanks for coming at the end?

KePoW

Banned

That's a fun time.

Hey are you in the GAF guild? What's your in-game name in Smite?

Top Bottom