• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

wowzors

Actually got an order and confirmation through Walmart. It kinda hung up on the shipping page but it actually loaded and went through.

SeanPyle

Neo Member
congrats everyone who got a walmart one.. Worst part now is that we have no idea when everything else is going up..

Are bots the likely culprit here? Couldn't something as simple as a capcha stop that? Or am I way off?

Saved my CC info, saved my shipping info, logged in, cart emptied, F5ing like mad... and I got one.

B22c.jpg

Holy shit. Fuck Nintendo.
Congrats!

Even if Nintendo makes 10x as many units as last year, it's going to be even worse trying to find one, now that everyone on earth knows how hot these things are. They're absolutely horrible at meeting demand on almost any product. Completely unacceptable.

Einhandr

And somehow people prefer knowing ahead of time instead of stock being added at random times. This is what happens when the time things go up is known ahead of time.

Zen Aku

Nintendo is the worst company in gaming. They just fucking suck at everything except making good games. How do they never, ever get better at anything? It's unfathomable.
They're a fucking relic of a bygone era. Sony and Microsoft are operating their business in the 21st century and Nintendo is still being run like it's a small start-up or some shit.

Hustler

I just.....can't....believe what just happened. Since when do online ordering systems not reserve you one when you click on preorder and you are entering in shipping information!

jacobeid

Banned
Even if Nintendo makes 10x as many units as last year, it's going to be even worse. They're absolutely horrible at meeting demand on almost any product. Completely unacceptable.

Could not agree with this more. It's completely ridiculous and we both know that Nintendo knows it too.

Bestbuy Canada - I got an order confirmation on the site but no email and it cant find my record when I check on my account history lol. I think I might get retroactively cancelled.

I'm in the same boat but I think the order went through since there's a confirmation code. Hopefully the confirmation email will arrive later.

If Best Buy Canada was like last night's shenanigans, then you should be getting your confirmation email from them after 10-20 minutes. So don't lose faith.

Chrome you beautiful bastard. I put in my card info beforehand, but not my shipping address. Luckily Chrome had saved it from previous other sites I'd put it into, and auto filled the whole thing in time for me to get it.

Ocaso

Congrats to all who got one. Added to my cart at 1:00, the check out button refused to work for 30 seconds, continued to click it until a message came back saying it was out of stock. I'm stunned.

When you sell out of stock in less than a minute, bots are clearly in play. That much is at least on Walmart.

or people were hyped to all hell after the Amazon/Best Buy preorders went live in the middle of the night and everyone was frothing and refreshing like mad. Doesn't have to be bots. Plus we don't know their total allocation numbers.

Ludist210

Got to step 2 (credit card info) and had that ready to go ten minutes before. No dice.

Did ANYONE get a Walmart pre-order this go around?

Gator86

They're a fucking relic of a bygone era. Sony and Microsoft are operating their business in the 21st century and Nintendo is still being run like it's a small start-up or some shit.

Basically. It's not quirky or refreshing or fun. It's fucking bullshit and incompetent. Everyone there not making games should be cleared the fuck out.

Top Bottom