• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

Saganator

Holy shit. Got an order in with WalMart somehow. I was logged in and had my credit cards saved so it went really fast. Feel bad though, told a buddy I'd order one for him since he can't make it to a computer and in my haste to order I forgot to add another one to my cart. Sorry buddy

FinKL

5c8ef565e702858ce3a59b4d5deee585.jpg

Pretty much, the lines for this would definitely be up there with Black Friday day long camping. I saw 50+ people at my local target 1 hour before opening on NES Mini day, and they only had 20 lol.

We now know they'll stop production of this after a few months too (NES MINI situation), so do the math

bonesquad

Shoot. In my haste I selected in store pick up. Which means I have to actually go to Walmart, and cross my fingers they don't "lose" my order....

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Walmart preorder was up for 10 seconds?

Less - I refreshed right at 10 and was able to add it to my cart - when I clicked on checkout, it informed me it was no longer in stock. Probably in stock a total of about 4 seconds.

Sanjuro

Only reason I had a profile was due to the NES Classic. I half assed this completely and didn't even want one in the first place. I even had time to take the NES out of the cart.

Minor victories.

jmizzal

Yep. I was waiting for it. Totally ordered it at the store instead of shipping it, but I got one. And then they were all gone.

Walmart better not cancel my order! Says I can get it on Oct 5th.

dang I refresh the page didnt wait for a notification went right to preorder then to checkout and it said sold out it was still 1 o'clock smh

wiibomb

I just.....can't....believe what just happened. Since when do online ordering systems not reserve you one when you click on preorder and you are entering in shipping information!

which online retailer does this? because afaik, no one does, not even amazon

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I'm puzzled by their shipping. Releases Sept. 29, says "expedited shipping," but also says will arrive October 5.

Did Walmart let people order more than 1?

How else did bots eat it all up that fast?

It took less than 20 minutes for Best Buy to sell out, and that was in the middle of the night with not much in the way of a warning.

No doubt Wal-Mart got body-slammed as soon as the preorder went live.

BTA

Anybody else having issues adding a card to their Target account now? Was trying to do that to prep, but welp.

Still had my info saved from the first time Walmart opened pre orders. Hopefully they don't cancel on me this time because my heart can't take any more.

I had my info saved and was thankful.

And then my order still got killed midcheckout.

I had something else sitting in my Walmart cart I didn't want and had to remove it from my cart and then boom, sold out.

The honest truth is if I don't get one, then whatever, but I'm going to be way more frustrated with Reggie's PR response when Nintendo doesn't meet demand again.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
This is a real blood bath, what are they doing?!?!?

My theory is they want to flood B&M retail with them this holiday season. I wouldn't be shocked at all if they are saving the vast majority for the holidays.

Arc07

Just got a text from GameStop saying "Hey, there! You wanted to know. We're excited to tell you. Nintendo SNES Classic Edition is now available for pre-order! http://bit.ly/SNESatGS"

Site is getting hammered so I can't verify.

neoemonk

This is fucking stupid. It's time for me to rethink my life. LOL

I had this realization when I tried to get a Rosalina amiibo for my daughter. It came out in February. I live in Michigan and we just had a snowstorm. I risked life and limb and came back empty handed because people were lined up and I didn't get to the store until an hour after they opened.

I was so naive.

Top Bottom