• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

jrock

The problem with this release compared to the NES is the reseller awareness.
Last time they didnt know the thing would resell until after it came out. This time theyre all ready and have these sites botted up. Sneaker resellers are all over this release.

Even though nintendo is making more units, a higher % are falling into resellers hands.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I had something else sitting in my Walmart cart I didn't want and had to remove it from my cart and then boom, sold out.

The honest truth is if I don't get one, then whatever, but I'm going to be way more frustrated with Reggie's PR response when Nintendo doesn't meet demand again.

EXACTLY what happened to me hahha. I saw that my bill was $400 and I had to remove it. That was all it took.

kswiston

this is some supreme hypebeast level shit, why do they make these so limited? ugh

NINTENDO EMPLOYEE: "So we ended up having 5x the demand for the NES classic than we had total units alloted in our production run. What should we do for the SNES classic?"

NINTENDO EXEC: "SNES sold 5/6ths when the NES did, so set the production run at 5/6ths of the NES Classic production run. You can never be too careful!"

Still had my info saved from the first time Walmart opened pre orders. Hopefully they don't cancel on me this time because my heart can't take any more.
Ditto. I had 2 cancelled, missed Best Buy completely...was even checking Amazon around the time they had them...and still somehow missed those. But I got a single Walmart order. Dont you fucking cancel on me again Walmart...

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
At this point the best chance I have of snagging one of these up is through Amazon Now/Treasure Truck sometime after launch.

shandy706

Less - I refreshed right at 10 and was able to add it to my cart - when I clicked on checkout, it informed me it was no longer in stock. Probably in stock a total of about 4 seconds.

It had to be more than 4 seconds. I went through adding checkout, and the like 3 pages after that....and had to type in my security code.

My theory is they want to flood B&M retail with them this holiday season. I wouldn't be shocked at all if they are saving the vast majority for the holidays.

Unless it's a real FLOOD, all this means is that we will have to deal with lining up at Toys R Us or Best Buys at 5 in the morning on random Sundays. Fuck that shit.

Hustler

which online retailer does this? because afaik, no one does, not even amazon

Walmart.com I refreshed right at 1PM and got into the ordering process. continued to click through the menus and select shipping to my house only to be met with a this item is out of stock and has been saved to your saved for later cart.

Bakercat

According to justin from NowInStock Walmart only had 100?

tenor.gif

Nintendo's PR response next year, months after it's gone out of production, will be so hilarious:

"We didn't anticipate the SNES Classic's demand would be so high. We have such passionate fans!"

NolbertoS

Sigh, kept searching on best buys Canada site and it didn't show the product page. Saw it on here, but it was gone.

If you typed Super Nintendo it took you to a special page thst had thr order button. I had everything set up but the BB Canada site crashed as soon as I hot the order button and than sold out in likr a minute or less.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
It had to be more than 4 seconds. I went through adding checkout, and the like 3 pages after that....and had to type in my security code.

With Walmart's site once the item is successfully added to someone's cart and the begin the checkout process, the stock is allocated to them. Congrats on the quick draw though!

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Fuck man.

I thought I had a small chance at getting one of these since the NES Classic was impossible.

Looks like that's a big fat nope.

BTA

With Walmart's site once the item is successfully added to someone's cart and the begin the checkout process, the stock is allocated to them. Congrats on the quick draw though!

This isn't true? I was checking out and it killed it and told me it was out of stock now.

mindatlarge

While I lucked out and got it in my cart the instant it went live at Wal-Mart. Before I hit the check out button, I noticed my total was like $500 some dollars.

I had an out of stock Switch bundle in my cart from a while ago, by the time I removed that and hit check out, it was sold out. Self-ownage at its finest.

Thinking it lasted 10 seconds or less.

They're a fucking relic of a bygone era. Sony and Microsoft are operating their business in the 21st century and Nintendo is still being run like it's a small start-up or some shit.
It's fucking hilarious how predictably bad they are. Watch them discontinue this thing while there is still a massive demand for one.

jviggy43

Nintendo's PR response next year, months after it's gone out of production, will be so hilarious:

"We didn't anticipate the SNES Classic's demand would be so high. We have such passionate fans!"

Neogaf in response: "Do YOU guys run a major gaming company? You dont know how much money theyre losing on these things, it was a limited run, stop being so entitled."

Top Bottom