• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Game Collecting (Tips, discussion, and info for like minded collectors)

Gunsmithx

It's strange. I've wanted an EVO cart for years and years, and finally snagged one for a good price, but once you realize what that price actually is, it really hits home just how bad the market is right now. Holy shit hats.

If you don't' mind, what was the good price? Personally most of these games, even the ones I want to get a copy of are just way too much for me even at 'good' prices. Makes me sad.

tumblr_ndd7iiP0Tx1s5zwimo1_1280.jpg

yoshi's had enough of your bullshit

Teknoman

lol that bowser face would be perfect for a troll image.

Also I really miss 2D Mario art <_> The only mario games with them for cover art are the RPGs, and even those arent as elaborate as before.

Fularu

Banned
Anything in specific?

Already recieved :

- Jim Power and the Lost Dimension 3D (old Amiga favorite of mine)
- Final Fight 2
- Seiken Densetsu 2
- Seiken Densetsu 3

In the mail :

- Farland Story (CIB)
- Farland Story 2 (CIB)
- Mystic Ark
- Rock'n Roll Racing
- Tatakae Kenshijin
- Tatakae Kenshijin 2
- Rockman 7
- Rockman Soccer
- Rockman X
- Rockman X2
- Raiden Densetsu
- Final Fight
- Rudora no Hihou
- Super Mario Kart
- Kid Klown in Crazy Chase
- Super Wagyan Land
- Doraemon 2 Nobita no Toys Land Daibouken
- Tales of Phantasia (CIB)
- Super Bikkuriman
- Emerald Dragon
- Tetris 2 + Bombliss (CIB)
- DKC2 (CIB)
- DKC 3 (CIB)
- Dark Half (CIB)
- Dragon Quest 6 (CIB)
- Tactics Ogre (CIB)
- Neugier Nogia (CIB)
- Xak
- Ys IV
- Ys V
- Ys V Expert
- Final Fantasy V (Jap)
- Chrono Trigger (Jap)
- Treasure Hunter G
- Estopolis 2
- Lennus
- Battle Blaze
- Dragon slayer
- Vilgust
- Feda (CIB)
- Super Puyo Puyo
- Super Puyo Puyp 2
- Lady Stalker (CIB)
- Front Mission Gun Hazzard (CIB)
- Gokujo Parodius (CIB)
- Darius Twin
- Super Adventure Island
- Gun Force
- Super R-Type
- Area 88

That's about it for now!

Ill post a family picture once everything's here! :D

Now to track down X3, Forte and a few others and my collection will start to look like something enjoyable! :D

Timu

Lists like that is why I'm picking up more Super Famicom games.

That and I hate the censored crap our certain games received.

Fularu

Banned

And I don't have to dabble in repro carts. Just put the rom on my everdrive with the iPS applied and voila.

^I feel like I need to pick up Final Fight 2 one of these days. Maki is one of my favorite character designs in CvS2, even if she's just Guy with tonfas.

Fularu

Banned
I'm getting the Japanese version of that this week, reason is that I didn't like the dumb changes the US version made. I'll post pics of what I meant. I hope my Sync Strike comes in this week as well.

I should mention that unless I don't have a choice (like the US version is MUCH cheaper than the Japanese version), I always go with the japanese version of a game. Even for RPGs, I usually just use a translation patch.

My Final fight 2 was 12$ shipped. I won't get FF3 because :

1 - It's awfull
2 - It's incredibly expensive for what it is (a shitty game)

Everyone everywhere should just buy a Sega CD and Final Fight CD.

If you're a fan of the arranged soundtrack I guess go for it...

Otherwise, if you're just looking for the arcade experience at home, there are a couple of Capcom compilations it's available on as well ass the GGPO-powered XBLA/PSN version.

Timu

Everyone everywhere should just buy a Sega CD and Final Fight CD.
It will be my 1st Sega CD game when I get one.

I heard Final Fight Tough was good, just too easy.

Is this a case of regional differences ruing a game?
I want to get Final Fight Tough but that price!!!

Otherwise, if you're just looking for the arcade experience at home, there are a couple of Capcom compilations it's available on as well ass the GGPO-powered XBLA/PSN version.
They lacked the Sega CD version's exclusive content though.=O

Mercutio

I love that soundtrack beyond all reason.

JMDSO

Unconfirmed Member
I've given up on most of my SNES wants. I have FF2/3/MQ, SoM, SoE, and CT. I really want Super Metroid though. :(

It's strange. I've wanted an EVO cart for years and years, and finally snagged one for a good price, but once you realize what that price actually is, it really hits home just how bad the market is right now. Holy shit hats.

How about knowing that every game you really want now for the system is that high overpriced and is only going to get worse.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
The pricess are just insane these days, and it has finally led me to switch to Super Famicom collecting from now on, starting with Rockman 7. So salty i didnt join the Snes-train just a few years earlier.

Rydeen

The pricess are just insane these days, and it has finally led me to switch to Super Famicom collecting from now on, starting with Rockman 7. So salty i didnt join the Snes-train just a few years earlier.
Jumping on the Super Famicom train just means Japanese carts are going to go up to the same ridiculous prices, it's already starting to happen.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Jumping on the Super Famicom train just means Japanese carts are going to go up to the same ridiculous prices, it's already starting to happen.

Very true, but hopefully it at least allows me to complete my collection for a more reasonable price :)

so i've asked this before in here, but haven't gotten an answer. is there a good site to go to which details the differences between sfc and snes versions of games? i recently got a sfc and would like to know which games have a "superior" sfc version (and are english friendly as well).

so i've asked this before in here, but haven't gotten an answer. is there a good site to go to which details the differences between sfc and snes versions of games? i recently got a sfc and would like to know which games have a "superior" sfc version (and are english friendly as well).
Try HG101. It's by no means comprehensive but they usually mention regional differences.

TheMoon

Peltz

I just found Sparkster at a local store for $5.

:)

I never really had much interest in this game, but I figured "why not?"

-KRS-

I've noticed this past week that some UK sellers have also started to use ebay's Global Shipping Program and as a result also have expensive shipping. And I assume this means I'll have to pay those import charges as well even though I'm also in the EU, since it mentions import charges in the listings (although the listings I've seen so far have been cheap enough to not have any import charges). Fucking hell, now I can't buy games even from the UK?! I guess it's only a matter of time now before Japan joins in on this crap as well.

TheMoon

I've noticed this past week that some UK sellers have also started to use ebay's Global Shipping Program and as a result also have expensive shipping. And I assume this means I'll have to pay those import charges as well even though I'm also in the EU, since it mentions import charges in the listings (although the listings I've seen so far have been cheap enough to not have any import charges). Fucking hell, now I can't buy games even from the UK?! I guess it's only a matter of time now before Japan joins in on this crap as well.

oh fuck no ...how has ebay not gotten some kind of attention for basically being a monopoly since there are no actual alternatives. this is crazy.

Top Bottom