• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Game Collecting (Tips, discussion, and info for like minded collectors)

Teknoman

^i bet that P2 EP case is worth more than $4 though! i can imagine your disappointment, all the same

enrolled, thanks! shitty i didn't do this prior to my retro binge though

lol yeah, I must have had the blankest expression on my face. On the bright side, they had Tales of Symphonia for 10 dollars. I also spotted Disc 2 of Shenmue randomly in the music section...my friend and I must've combed through every jewel case after seeing that :p

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Speaking of which, I was in a Value Village a few days ago, and thought i'd scored Persona 2 Eternal Punishment in mint condition for 4 bucks. My brain almost did a backflip when I saw that price on such a clean looking case.

Of course the case was completely empty.

I did score Persona 2 for exactly $4 in November...

....along with P1, P3 and a boatload of other Atlus PS1 and PS2 games, Square Enix PS2 games, Secret of Evermore complete, MGS1, MGS3 Limited Edition, Albert Odyssey for Saturn.... I digress. It was the find of a lifetime ;)

Credo

Alright, SNES GAF, I've got something for you. I imagine 99% of you have this in some form already, but I thought there's no better place to offload this.

I've tried selling Street Fighter 2, cart & instructions, on eBay and it's failed 3 or 4 consecutive times. The cart is in great condition, but the instructions are kind of rough. They aren't torn or anything. There's just heavy creasing on the front and back.

I'll give it to the first person who claims it in this thread for just the cost of shipping, which is probably like $2.50.

Alright, SNES GAF, I've got something for you. I imagine 99% of you have this in some form already, but I thought there's no better place to offload this.

I've tried selling Street Fighter 2, cart & instructions, on eBay and it's failed 3 or 4 consecutive times. The cart is in great condition, but the instructions are kind of rough. They aren't torn or anything. There's just heavy creasing on the front and back.

I'll give it to the first person who claims it in this thread for just the cost of shipping, which is probably like $2.50.

I'll take it

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
if you want megaman x get it now prices are starting to get stupid for it seeing a majority of the sells of it going for $30-40+ if you can still grab it for around $15 anywhere and dont have it yet jump on it

Linkhero1

if you want megaman x get it now prices are starting to get stupid for it seeing a majority of the sells of it going for $30-40+ if you can still grab it for around $15 anywhere and dont have it yet jump on it

Eh. Maybe it's because so many have damaged labels? lol.

I think the price will eventually come down within a few months. I still can't believe people are spending that amount on it.

I see Mega Man X becoming like Super Metroid.

It's one of a small handful of "absolutely, positively must-have" games for the system, and even though there's a million carts floating around, there still won't be enough to meet demand.

Linkhero1

True, but Earthbound will eventually crash ;)

A lot of people just have it sitting on their shelves. It's a game that wants someone to play it but no one wants to. Then that poor soul will need money and sell it for scraps.

who am I kidding lol :(

Jucksalbe

Banned

$30-40 is already high for MMX? Makes me kinda jealous of US prices.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
couple years ago when i rebought mine i got it complete for around $17 :p that was only like 3 years ago even so its been going for around $10-15 loose cart up until recently

Wereroku

Have a question for everyone which would be the better game to get King of Dragons or Knights of the Round? King of Dragons looks longer and a lot like the D&D games so that is what I am leaning towards.

antibolo

Banned
Last weekend I was at my parents' house and discovered that they threw away all of my SNES game boxes I had left there in a closet. Most of them still in mint condition.

I am so pissed.

True, but Earthbound will eventually crash ;)

A lot of people just have it sitting on their shelves. It's a game that wants someone to play it but no one wants to. Then that poor soul will need money and sell it for scraps.

who am I kidding lol :(

Maybe if you're lucky enough, a druggie will need to offload his copy for dirt cheap.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
Have a question for everyone which would be the better game to get King of Dragons or Knights of the Round? King of Dragons looks longer and a lot like the D&D games so that is what I am leaning towards.

king of dragons is really freaking good with alternate routes and a couple different classes to choose from but its hard as balls knights of the round is a more straight forward brawler with solid combat and much easier imo then king of dragons

The only time it will ever drop down price in the used market is if/when it gets a new legit re-release. Apart from that it can only go up.

Even then, it's not a guarantee. Chrono Trigger seems to hover around the same price it did a few years ago, in spite of the Virtual Console and DS re-releases.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Even then, it's not a guarantee. Chrono Trigger seems to hover around the same price it did a few years ago, in spite of the Virtual Console and DS re-releases.
CT dipped quite a bit around the re-releases but is coming back up. Around that time I got CT & FF3 for like $50 together.

Olly88

Got my first two Super Famicom games today :D

jnFndeECTNck3.jpg

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
In my experience, Registered Airmail from Japan is just as fast as EMS (around 5 business days, or one calendar week). Even Airmail that doesn't have tracking usually only takes 2 weeks for me.
Oh I've had good luck with airmail too. But even 5 days is too many!

Getting my first boxed SFC games in the mail on Monday made me consider, stupidly, briefly that I should start going for CIB SFC stuff. No way, bad idea. But they're glorious.

Peagles

Just posted my last trade plea in the BST thread for Earthbound CIB :(

Although I think I get a tax return soon so maybe I can justify spending eBay prices once I get that through :p

Just posted my last trade plea in the BST thread for Earthbound CIB :(

Although I think I get a tax return soon so maybe I can justify spending eBay prices once I get that through :p

Hope you can somehow knock down the cost of that monster. I might try selling some stuff I don't care for to get the last few SNES wishes I have.

I'm looking to build a small collection of SNES games but eBay's prices are ridiculous. Never had one before and the only game that came with SNES I bought was Super Mario World. I was looking at LoZ: LttP and someone wanted a copy for $50 or $60 with the label all ripped up and faded. It's crazy. I'm not even looking for rare stuff, just common games.

I think my best bet would be looking locally, maybe flea markets and/or pawn shops. Craigslist has mainly newer stuff in my area. Might even throw a request in the BST thread and see if I can get anything that way too. Trust prices here a lot more than eBay.

Peagles

Hope you can somehow knock down the cost of that monster. I might try selling some stuff I don't care for to get the last few SNES wishes I have.

Hopefully! I think I have some pretty neat stuff to trade and I really hate selling stuff for profit but I think I'll have to in order to buy Earthbound. The inflated value of the stuff I have to trade is about the same as inflated Earthbound CIB value so I might just hit a good match with somebody!

Otherwise I'll just have to become a scalper, and give money to a scalper; two things I despise :(

Fox Mulder

I'm looking to build a small collection of SNES games but eBay's prices are ridiculous. Never had one before and the only game that came with SNES I bought was Super Mario World. I was looking at LoZ: LttP and someone wanted a copy for $50 or $60 with the label all ripped up and faded. It's crazy. I'm not even looking for rare stuff, just common games.

I think my best bet would be looking locally, maybe flea markets and/or pawn shops. Craigslist has mainly newer stuff in my area. Might even throw a request in the BST thread and see if I can get anything that way too. Trust prices here a lot more than eBay.

Looking locally doesn't hurt, it's fun to get out and look round town. I only started getting snes games last year and of the 40 I have, only a handful were eBay buys. I got stuff like zombies at my neighbors, contra 3, and sunset riders for $20 each at a pawn shop a few weeks ago. I believe I paid $14 for castlevania 4 and Zelda LTTP. All are pretty much mint with some cleaning.

But the prices online are only going up, which many sellers will look to first when pricing their games for flea markets or pawn shops. Finding gems in the wild for cheap is fun, but I've accepted that eBay prices are just how it is now and must be budgeted for.

There's a store nearby that has LTTP for around $10 or so. Not really interested in picking it up since I don't care for the series, but I'd gladly pick it up and give it away if someone really needed it. (Provided the store still has it)

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
There's a store nearby that has LTTP for around $10 or so. Not really interested in picking it up since I don't care for the series, but I'd gladly pick it up and give it away if someone really needed it. (Provided the store still has it)
I still need LttP, if you'd be willing to pick it up I'd gladly pay you for the game + shipping.

Teknoman

So I was flipping through NP issue 21 that I just got from ebay today:

jxSGs4PFFIZ68.jpg

Time Paradox? Or did he somehow play/beat the NES game? I guess it could be some sort of strange form advertising?

So I was flipping through NP issue 21 that I just got from ebay today:

jxSGs4PFFIZ68.jpg

Time Paradox? Or did he somehow play/beat the NES game? I guess it could be some sort of strange form advertising?

That is probably referring to the NES game, which NOA translated but then did not release...

Olly88

I like Xandra no Daibouken, but it gets really damn hard really quickly. I've seen the Magical Taruruuto-kun game all over for virtually nothing, but I don't know a thing about it. What kind of game is it?

Yeah it's pretty hard and I've died a lot, but luckily it has passwords so that's nice :p

MK-t is a pretty simple platformer. Not in a bad way, I think it's a fun game, but yeah just pretty simple, though I haven't got very far in it yet. Here are some videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/0merailes0/videos?query=まじかる☆タルるートくん

-KRS-

Yeah Magical Taruruuto-kun is indeed a very simple platformer. :p
Bought a cart of it last month. It's pretty fun anyway though and the graphics are pretty decent. You swallow enemies with your very long tongue. I think it's based on some anime or something because it's licensed to Toei animation. There's also a NES game that has about the same gameplay.

Are there any SNES RPGs left that aren't over $100 at this point? The only one I currently own is Final Fantasy 2 but I'd like to add more. I mostly just own platformers.

Top Bottom