• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Game Collecting (Tips, discussion, and info for like minded collectors)

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I PM'd you, bocos! just a few things to make sure it's a good buy for me, since i have most things on s-vid & havent looked up how to get SNES/genesis over component, though i imagine after an investment like that i might have to do so.

*edit ah you saw it, cool.

Just in case you don't notice the orange text up above, you have a wall of text in your inbox ;)

Jucksalbe

Banned
I really hope Earthbound will be released on VC someday. I just followed an auction (cib) and it was sold for 430€ (~$560). Is that really a normal price now? I haven't followed it for quite a while.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I wish I could get Earthbound again for an alright price. D: Last time I bought it I only paid $70 and it looks like it's blown up way past that.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
My two EMS packages came in, plus ones from sixteen-bit and Coach Kevin a little bit ago.

2s0LJwM.jpg

Only two more SFC games in the mail, and I'm done for a while now.

Zing

Banned
I really hope Earthbound will be released on VC someday. I just followed an auction (cib) and it was sold for 430€ (~$560). Is that really a normal price now? I haven't followed it for quite a while.
That has been the normal price for over a year now. When I bought mine in 2011, CIB price was between $400-500. I sold it that winter for $700 (it was mint). Around $500 is the going rate for a CIB without major damage.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
That has been the normal price for over a year now. When I bought mine in 2011, CIB price was between $400-500. I sold it that winter for $700 (it was mint). Around $500 is the going rate for a CIB without major damage.
Yeesh. And I thought $300 was insane a few years ago.

I'll be buying it someday :(

Jucksalbe

Banned
the only kinda expensive great one is rock n roll racing the rest are all really cheap stuff like top gear and f-zero and super off road

Just bought Top Racers. Are there some less well-known games you would recommend?

I remember this being 80-90€. Back then I thought "Nah, that's too expensive"....

Jucksalbe

Banned
Ah, damn. I'm mainly looking for Super Famicom games right now.
I might look for the PAL version some other time. I actually owned it back in the day. Loved that game, but I sold most of my SNES games when I bought a PSX.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Thinking back I only really remember those racing games that were already mentioned (well, and Mario Kart, of course). The only other one I can think of is Full Throttle and that was crap.
Which is kinda strange, I remember playing a lot of racing games back then, maybe they were all on the C64.

SNES does have Mode 7 racers, though, which is one-up on most Genesis racers, which opt for a more Outrun-styled form. I never really felt like I was ever making turns in those games; just going forward perpetually on a road that curved in random directions. Mode 7 racers might have the limitation of taking place on really flat surfaces, but at least with those, I feel like I'm on a circuit instead of an infinitely straight road.

Of course, my opinion is that racers like that didn't really hit their stride until true 3D kicked in, with things like Virtua Racer, Daytona USA, Ridge Racer etc... Mode 7's the next best thing, I guess.

Ordered a CIB Lufia from JJGames. This is what they sent me...

WeeKNgzl.jpg

That sucks but at least you can email them back and tell them what's up.

I haven't played one of the Lufia games in almost 10 years...should try Lufia 2 again. Beat it but I don't have one single memory from it...=/

speaking of Earthbound.
I remember complete with box and guide copies going for about $200ish a few years back.

i should have bought one then, now its easily $400+ :(

none of us will ever get it :p

-KRS-

Yeah I'm not yet crazy enough to spend that much on a game even if it is CIB. At least I have the cartridge. Might want to get the player's guide though because that's really neat. How much do they usually go for by themselves? Please don't say $100+ :(

I don't normally go to the thrift stores two days in a row, but I'm glad I did this morning because I found a Super Game Boy at my goodwill. I've been looking for one for a while, even though they're not super expensive on ebay, I knew if I waited long enough I'd find one for cheap. This one was $5, I also got a filler title for $3. I really doubt it's good but whatever. Picked up a couple cool complete PS2 game for $4 each as well.

Glad this thread is around, I have a question. I'm about to move my SNES CiB collection (at least the ones I've completed) into plastic tub storage.

Does anyone know I should worry about putting a silica gel pack or two into each tub for moisture reasons or is that not an issue.

johnsmith

remember me
Just got my order today from http://videogameprotectors.com/

These things are fantastic. Protects the label, keeps dust off, and you can still stack them, which you can't do with just the dust covers.
51167248.jpg

Got a couple for my boxes too. Unfortunately they are out of stock on super famicom box protectors at the moment. I'd definitely recommend these.
52140494.jpg

52165435.jpg

Just got my order today from http://videogameprotectors.com/

These things are fantastic. Protects the label, keeps dust off, and you can still stack them, which you can't do with just the dust covers.
51167248.jpg

Got a couple for my boxes too. Unfortunately they are out of stock on super famicom box protectors at the moment. I'd definitely recommend these.

Wow, those cart protectors do look awesome!

It's hard to tell but does it fully cover the cart or is it open on the bottom?

johnsmith

remember me
Wow, those cart protectors do look awesome!

It's hard to tell but does it fully cover the cart or is it open on the bottom?

It's complete 360 degree protection. They come flat, and you have to shape the box and close the tabs at the top and bottom. It's not hard plastic, but it's sturdy enough.

ibi3VVimAb11PV.jpeg

ib1eTPqBA9Ribn.JPG

johnsmith

remember me
Do these hold SFC games?

SFC games will fit, but SNES games are wider, so an SFC game will be loose and move left and right. The height and thickness are the same though. Unfortunately it doesn't look like that site stocks loose SFC containers. Not sure if they're available from other places.

iYK65EmVWlXIa.JPG

I found a hobby store near me that stocks Nintendo games. He had SNES, N64 and game boy stuff. He said he was a "licensed Nintendo dealer" I don't know if that's true or just some bullshit, but he had some cool stuff. His prices were all over the place though. He had DKC3 which I've been looking for, but wanted $70(!) for it. I only ended up buying two games, but he said he gets new stock frequently so I'll probably check in every so often.

Ended up getting these two for $20. He also has a copy of Act Raiser 2 for $15 I might get. I saw a copy of Super Mario RPG for $70. It's in perfect shape, is that worth it?

Top Bottom