• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sniper Elite 3 |OT| "In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it.”

foxdvd

I don't like the fact that this game is 10 dollars more for the xbox one and ps4 version. I preordered it anyway, but held off picking up a second copy for my son because of this.

Looking forward to this though. The second game was a blast to play, and I have a feeling coop will be fun as hell on this.

Got it coming on Xbox One, was dispatched today so maybe tomorrow but more likely Friday.

Need to get some food in to make a sandwich whilst I get that 10gb patch...!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I don't like the fact that this game is 10 dollars more for the xbox one and ps4 version. I preordered it anyway, but held off picking up a second copy for my son because of this.

Looking forward to this though. The second game was a blast to play, and I have a feeling coop will be fun as hell on this.

in the UK it is £20 more for the PS4 version on PSN - so $34 more expensive.

PS3 version is £30, PS4 version is £50

8LfFmor.png
oh sweeeet!

Jb

Ready to 1-click this if Gaffers say it's good. I really hope they put a lot of work in the level design and AI.

MattyG

Banned
One thing I still am not sure on is the structure of the game. Is this kind of MGSV-like (one open map with missions all over) or is it Dishonored-like (individual levels but open maps for each mission)?

Also, can we use vehicles? Or are they just there for looks?

One thing I still am not sure on is the structure of the game. Is this kind of MSGSV-like (one open map with missions all over) or is it Dishonored-like (individualike but open maps for each mission)?

Also, can we use vehicles? Or are they just there for looks?

As far as I know: Open map for each mission (includes one main mission and several side missions). So, story seems linear but the mission structure is non-linear.
I don't think you can use vehicles though.

Frillen

PS4 version

I've played the first two missions of the game. The first one was very small and kinda a tutorial. Things open up in the second mission though and I guess things will be like that with future missions.

- Graphics are much better than v.2. The IQ is surprisingly good and obviously 1080p helps a great deal. Framerate is mostly smooth but drops a bit with explosions etc. But nothing that distracts. Zero screen tearing thus far.

- So for the gameplay itself: The game is definitely more open than v.2 (at least from what I remember). You get primary missions, then you get secondary missions along the way. Checkpoints are pretty well placed, and there's been quite a few times where I had to restart because of failed secondary missions. When it comes to x-ray, I feel that it hasn't changed THAT much. There's a bit more details but mostly the same as v.2. Still cool though. I liked the level design in mission 2, quite a lot of freedom. I'm playing on the Sniper Elite difficult level, which thus far has been pretty easy, so I recommend not to go lower.

One thing I still am not sure on is the structure of the game. Is this kind of MSGSV-like (one open map with missions all over) or is it Dishonored-like (individualike but open maps for each mission)?

I haven't played either of those games, but the way you describe them, definitely Dishonored-like.

Jarrod38

PS4 version

I've played the first two missions of the game. The first one was very small and kinda a tutorial. Things open up in the second mission though and I guess things will be like that with future missions.

- Graphics are much better than v.2. The IQ is surprisingly good and obviously 1080p helps a great deal. Framerate is mostly smooth but drops a bit with explosions etc. But nothing that distracts. Zero screen tearing thus far.

- So for the gameplay itself: The game is definitely more open than v.2 (at least from what I remember). You get primary missions, then you get secondary missions along the way. Checkpoints are pretty well placed, and there's been quite a few times where I had to restart because of failed secondary missions. When it comes to x-ray, I feel that it hasn't changed THAT much. There's a bit more details but mostly the same as v.2. Still cool though. I liked the level design in mission 2, quite a lot of freedom. I'm playing on the Sniper Elite difficult level, which thus far has been pretty easy, so I recommend not to go lower.

I haven't played either of those games, but the way you describe them, definitely Dishonored-like.

IF there are enough people playing MP give us your impressions. Even though I'm getting the Xbox One version I cannot wait to play this game.

I'll wait for reviews but I enjoyed 2 very much. If I can find a good deal on PC and get my brother in on coop I feel this could be quite a bit of fun.

Dazzyman

If anyone wants some coop fun from Friday please add me as Dazzy_man on PS4 and just say GAF. Am in UK but with disabilities I play all hours.

I loved 2 and I'm trying to get the wife to try 3. She has become a sniper demon on borderlands series on 360 since I got her into it (and longshot on GOW for that matter) and were thinking about rebuying it for Xbox one when she gets herself one in October (I already have one) so we can do system link coop (off topic but cant wait for new Borderlands and coop Assasin Creed, Destiny, Halo stuff etc... Really good year for coop).

I was going to buy it for Xbox one but the 3d support swung it for PS4.

Teabagging revenge Friday over the Nazi as going to shoot there plumbs off hehe ;)

Just powered through the second one. Was fun. Kinda want to go more in deph and use more the gameplay next time. This third game looks very pretty. Love the new setting, very warm and charming environement from the OT. Want to play this

therapist

Cant wait for this , loved v2 and love the nazi zombie army addons on pc , much fun (For extra fun on those , x4 the enemies - holy shit)

Pre'd on ps4 , will end up getting another copy on PC at some point as well , never buy these for the multi.

Too bad we get the console versions a bit late , seems that the pc version is out on the 27th while console is the 1st.

EagleEyes

Can anyone confirm that the Xbox One version also has a Vsync option because some of the vids i've seen of it so far have horrible screen tearing.

Frillen

Wow, mission 3 was really great. Must've taken me close to 2 hours to beat that. Some dying and a bit of trial and error, but good trial and error. Again, don't play on a lower difficulty than Sniper Elite. Some of the fun is definitely because of how hard it is.

npa189

Is the stealth gameplay and submachinegunning still clunky like in v2? the infiltration ruined that game for me.

Frillen

Is the stealth gameplay and submachinegunning still clunky like in v2? the infiltration ruined that game for me.

The submachinegunning is clunky, but then again, you're playing it wrong if you're forced to use them often. I feel stealth is better than V2.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
PS4 version

Can you switch difficulty down level by level, or are you committed once you choose?

Edit: annoying that GAME won't let you use a gift card online for preorders. So I either pay for it directly (in which case I'd order from amazon to get a better chance of receiving it tomorrow), or buy in store (where it is bound to be £10 more expensive)

Got my copy for X1 today. The16gig patch didnt bother me(I took a nap whilst downloading), but the install is slow as hell. Been sitting on 34% for the last 2.5 hours >.>

Anung

Un Rama
I'm incredibly tempted to grab this. Kind of feel like I need something new to play and I have £20 on a GAME card to make it not expensive.

Top Bottom