• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sniper Elite 3 |OT| "In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it.”

Woo-Fu

Banned
Pre-loading now, playing through v2 and both zombie games this weekend to get back into the sniper elite groove.

VPN it to UK and you can play tomorrow. ;d

I live in Germany (though from England originally) so I could play tomorrow if I wished.

I should have said that Monday is the first time I could play it with my brother because my other half is away for the day.

Haklong

There is no digital pre-ordering on Xbox One. Wonder if the people that purchase it digitally will have free access to the Hunt the Grey Wolf DLC. Wishful thinking, I know.

Does anyone know the length of the DLC?

The main missions are pretty long.

Tutorial mission: 30 min
Second mission: 120 min
Third mission: 50 minutes (40% done)

This is my playtime of course.

I'm setting up an interview with Rebellion this week or next so if you've got questions you'd like me to pass along, just let me know.
Why only 2 player coop on next Gen consoles and not 3 or 4 as the pc version, what was the limting factor?
Thanks!

BTW yes the preload size is 4,173MB plus dlc and patch dunno the size of this two because it was remote downloaded when I bought it from work!

Hmm, it just says purchased for me, no download button. I'll wait a day or two.
Are you PS+? Now that I think about it that was behind pay wall.
Maybe

Edit:

Also it seems it was the usual deal (playgo)

uyVsRzg.jpg

Drewfonse

Does anyone know if Amazon pre orders will include the Hitler DLC bonus? I'm pretty sure that the answer is no, but it doesn't seem to be an exclusive to any one retailer, so here's hoping.

More impressions, people!

Phinor

So.. my ***************** Sniper Elite 3 was just deactivated because "due to a problem processing payment for this item". The dev team warned that they will deactivate fraudulent cd keys but in this case it seems to mean that they will deactivate keys that originate from different region than where they are activated at.

So.. my ***************** Sniper Elite 3 was just deactivated because "due to a problem processing payment for this item". The dev team warned that they will deactivate fraudulent cd keys but in this case it seems to mean that they will deactivate keys that originate from different region than where they are activated at.

Can you elaborate?

Phinor

Can you elaborate?

Well ************** was supposed to be the name of the site (name starts with "Simply"). It's a rather popular cd key site but one that people believed to be rather legit because they are based in the UK and actually sell physical copies as well. Actually they used to sell physical only, but decided to start selling keys as a side business. The site was quite popular source for Dark Souls 2 at Neogaf but do I remember wrong or did someone have an issue with their Dark Souls 2 copy as well?

Anyway, copies from that site are now disabled.

Well ************** was supposed to be the name of the site (name starts with "Simply"). It's a rather popular cd key site but one that people believed to be rather legit because they are based in the UK and actually sell physical copies as well. Actually they used to sell physical only, but decided to start selling keys as a side business. The site was quite popular source for Dark Souls 2 at Neogaf but do I remember wrong or did someone have an issue with their Dark Souls 2 copy as well?

I am surprised that they had troubles I always thought they were very legit too, in fact I never had a problem with them and I was very happy with their service. Well at least I know to steer clear now. Is there anyway for you to get your money back?

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Simply CD Keys yea? That sucks man. Never had a problem with them.

Anyone else had this issue?

genbatzu

bought it yesterday (18hours ago) in saturn (AT), for PS4 and already played a bit, like it so far, the bullet cam has also improved.

Only bad thing, on Sniper Elite Difficulty, the red aim help is present, which sucks makes it too easy, especially in the 2nd highest difficulty <.<
(yes, I should've chosen authentic or custom, but dunno if custom counts for trophies and authentic has no saves)

Phinor

Simply CD Keys yea? That sucks man. Never had a problem with them.

Anyone else had this issue?

There's people on Steam forums with the same issue, bought from the same store. So my guess is that their whole stock is corrupted, as they say. Simply already pulled the game (or changed to out of stock) from their site and that's a good thing, they reacted quickly to the issue. Now to wait and see what their response to customers is, probably a refund?

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"

Think I mentioned it before in some thread about them, they re-sell fraudulently bought keys. Not necessarily exclusively but they do. They may also be doing this without knowledge, eg. their supplier is the culprit.

Hooray my copy has arrived, boo hiss that I have to wait for the 16gb install to download. There should be an option to pre load stuff like that, what harm could it do if you plan on buying the game anyway?

I've never tried one of these games, but I'm curious now. Are there respawning enemies, or can I actually clear areas and feel like a badass?

No bugs so far, I have no idea what Edge is talking about. There are a couple of glitches though. I spawned only with a head and a weapon in multiplayer (twice), lol.

I've never tried one of these games, but I'm curious now. Are there respawning enemies, or can I actually clear areas and feel like a badass?

You can clear areas and you'll feel like a badass. But if you do it wrong they'll sometimes call for back-up

glaurung

Sniper Elite II had some mob-closets. That means enemies spawning into the level at scripted moments.

But I don't think there was a single case where enemies would actually respawn. The second game was very linear too, therefore no real reason to retread placed already visited.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Can anyone comment on the bugs? I read the EDGE review (they did not rate it too high, 5/10) and they said that bugs are rampant.

Now - this might be an issue with the review copy versus a retail copy plus the 0-day patch.

How's the GAF experience been? I am most interested in the PS4 version.

It has A.I issues. Sometimes they act real dumb yet other times are really hawk eyed and see you from miles.

Sometimes when you stab/melee someone they glitch through the walls. I dumped a body down an alley but his body clipped through into the next wall and 3 enemies on the other side saw the corpse so they became alerted and spotted me. Alerted guards are either way powerful or just broken. On one level there is a bunker and I killed a lone guard but before he died he screamed which alerted everyone to red status above which were really far away.

Lastly one level which is set in a fort at night time had atrocious frame rate when inside the grounds.

It has A.I issues. Sometimes they act real dumb yet other times are really hawk eyed and see you from miles.

Sometimes when you stab/melee someone they glitch through the walls. I dumped a body down an alley but his body clipped through into the next wall and 3 enemies on the other side saw the corpse so they became alerted and spotted me. Alerted guards are either way powerful or just broken. On one level there is a bunker and I killed a lone guard but before he died he screamed which alerted everyone to red status above which were really far away.

Lastly one level which is set in a fort at night time had atrocious frame rate when inside the grounds.

I'm playing ths level right now but can't confirm frame rate issues?

Moff

somehow I'm in the mood for this.
I didnt know the franchise until a few weeks ago, when SE2 was free on steam.
I finished it and kinda liked it, it has an unpolished charm like many games with niche gameplay, but overall I really liked it.

is SE2 exclusively in afrika? what are improvements or gameplay changes over SE2?

I might actually pick this up, although I just filled my backlog in the sale.

pelican

Simply CDs are a sub-site of Simply Games who provide a genuinly good service in the UK which has resulted in a couple of retail awards.

This makes me doubt the claim of them knowingly reselling fraudulent keys. I've used Simply in conjunction with Shopto and Amazon for years without any problems.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Did you do the secondary mission called Assassinate the Officer in that mission? Where is the officer and the secondary mission never pop up for me.

Usually you got to find documents which then reveal the targets location. I haven't looked for this target though.

Lima

No, I have no idea ^^
Is no one playing this game online? Multiplayer is a wasteland on XboxOne.

Game just officially released today in Europe where most of the people are still at work and it doesn't launch in the US until Tuesday so yeah I imagine there is a lack of players.

Top Bottom