• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sniper Elite 3 |OT| "In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it.”

U2NUMB

Pre ordered through Best Buy last night.. cost me a total of 21 bucks after my Unlocked discount and 20 dollars in reward money... Going to try to convince my brother to pick it up for the co-op aspect of the game. Going with the X1 version for that reason.

Osahi

Was not on the fence for this, bot ordered it after reading the Eurogamer review. Had a blast playing V2, but the level design and extremely difficult stealth prevented me from finishing it. So, those two things should be out of the way now. My gameshop has put a copy aside for me (streetdate has just been broken), but I'll probably only be able to pick it up tomorrow

Cool to read there is 3D support to. Will hook my PS4 up to the telly in the living room, which has that functionality, to check it out. Never used it for games yet, except Puppeteer (which is awesome in 3D)

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Anyone pre-ordered from GAME and received theirs yet? mine shipped yesterday so it be here by now

napalmjam

8LfFmor.png

This game is buttery smooth on ps4 loving it so far .

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Need help with an optional objective.

It's on the 3rd mission - Halfaya Pass. I'm supposed to kill a General who's visiting the area. There's an achievement/trophy for it.

Well I can't seem to find him anywhere on the map. I even replayed the mission and killed everyone just to make sure but no luck. Anyone early with the game found him?

Karak

This will be the first of these I get to review. 2nd I have played. I am a very interested to see what they have improved from the 2nd one.

Sioen

How's e online guys? Singleplayer sounds great but mp needs to be good aswell cause I'm itching for an online shooter.

Pre-download is available now for those who pre-ordered it from the PSN store. 18.5gb for the main game, 454mb for the patch and 1.8gb for the Hunt the Grey Wolf DLC.

Psykoboy2

I'm setting up an interview with Rebellion this week or next so if you've got questions you'd like me to pass along, just let me know.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Does this run as good on Xbox one as it does on ps4?

Haven't seen any PS4 but it's ran pretty well for me. I'd say it's floating around 40-60fps most of the time but depends where you are. But it does have some tearing. You can v-sync though for 30fps.

A later level though was a complete slide show in a certain area. I need to go back and check it out again see if it was a one off.

Game is preloading on Steam as I type this, cant wait to play this on Monday with my brother.

VPN it to UK and you can play tomorrow. ;d

demolitio

I wonder if Target will carry the PC version of this game since I have a gift card there. Might be my only way to experience some sniping anytime soon and this one seems like a big improvement over 2 with the levels being closer to the first game.

The series is one of my underdog favorites since I love sniping.

stufte

mostly 7/10. That's great news for me as far as I'm concerned. Sniper Elite v2 was one of my favorite games of the last generation and it also garnered similar reviews.

This game is really awesome so far. As I said before it's my first "Sniper"-Game and I already love the stealth mechanics. Of course the A.I. isn't the best (sometimes dumb as a rock and sometimes really smart) but the overall feeling is great.
It totally reminds me of MGS: Ground Zeroes in terms of mission/level structure (the focus is still "sniping" though)
- You can skip cutscenes
- There's a VSync-option
- You can save at any time
- Short loading times

Yeah, I don't regret this purchase

FStop7

Banned
Never played the series. How is V2 and how do the ps3/360 versions compare?

I really, really liked the idea of Sniper Elite 2.

The problem was the difficulty. The AI on Normal was so easy to beat. On Hard it could kill you from a mile away, see through cover, etc. No middle ground.

I hope V3 is better about that because in all other ways I thought 2 was a great game.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
So this is something I've just noticed. The game has several achievements for the Grey Wolf DLC. Has a game ever released with achievements that are tied to pre-order DLC?

People who buy the game second hand aren't going to be able to achieve 100% on Trophies/Achievements. Unless Rebellion release the content later down the line from XBL/PSN.

Does anyone know of sites that send out DLC codes separately in emails before sending out the copies?

Sure this has been kicked to death by now but why is this releasing later in the US? And yes I feel entitled -_-

UK developer and European publisher I'd imagine.

Osahi

Trine 2 is free on PS+ now and offers 3D
I now. Downloaded it, but haven't played it yet as i had it on ps3.

Like se3 do far (3d isn't worth it though. Not much depth and ghosting in kill cam on the bullet). Much better than v2, but still rough arround the edges.

Seems strange seeing a V-Sync option in the PS4 version ... Is there a benefit to having it turned off? better framerate?

Can't wait to pick this up though, V2 was top fun.

wrog

So this is something I've just noticed. The game has several achievements for the Grey Wolf DLC. Has a game ever released with achievements that are tied to pre-order DLC?
Achievements are separate from the base game (they are 0 GS for now for some reason on Xbox One, extra 200 GS on Xbox 360). I'm sure 505 Games will release this DLC for everyone to buy.

Top Bottom