• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNSD and K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyon

Banned
Dice said:
Sorry, I couldn't resist making this.

nanapsychoeeji.gif

i think that was water. i just cant believe thats gasoline.

Biscuits

Alta1r said:
Who is that dude in the picture? A celebrity or are they visiting hospitals or something?
Famous basketball coach with ALS. Its a terrible, terrible disease. Basically he knows what's going on but can't move, say, or do anything about it. I think Sooyoung visits him a lot, but I'm not sure how they know each other.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
For some reason, Nana in riding in the truck was like a surprise and totally hot. Really cool idea to have the girls overlap with different vehicles.

Alta1r

Biscuits said:
Famous basketball coach with ALS. Its a terrible, terrible disease. Basically he knows what's going on but can't move, say, or do anything about it. I think Sooyoung visits him a lot, but I'm not sure how they know each other.

Yikes, that is terrible. Maybe Sooyoung played ball for him? She's got the height for it.

Kyon

Banned
Dice said:
For some reason, Nana in riding in the truck was like a surprise and totally hot. Really cool idea to have the girls overlap with different vehicles.

it was everything *_____________*

Watched the After School Red MV, they might as well just remove everyone else from the damn video and show nothing but Nana the entire time. She's just that superior. Goddamn.

Alta1r

Dice said:
That's Jisook.

I found the video. Fuck I love knowing Korean even moderately.

Edit: HD quality
insofar as YT can be
http://youtu.be/WhUv1qcn3JE

Dancing in high heels on a slick looking stage in the rain...these girls must have some uncanny Spiderman balance.

Looks like After School and T-ara were there too:

Can't find an HD version though:
After School
T-ara

And, more importantly, the rain seems to have stopped before they performed or started after.
Damnit!

Salazar

I think folks forget how much goddamn cardio all of that dance practice adds up to. That's why Sooyoung can eat like a grizzly.

shahkur

Salazar said:
I think folks forget how much goddamn cardio all of that dance practice adds up to. That's why Sooyoung can eat like a grizzly.

Check the comment right at the bottom of the link. It just comes out of nowhere.

Dice

I really like this more and Noeul is so good at it.

roundnround9omj.gif

I could make so many gifs of Noeul. So damn hot.

Salazar said:
I don't even like Joong Ki that much, but this shit was emotional.
He's leaving? I'm still back on Ep19. From what I can tell, idols are very sensitive people. Then again, I have never had trouble with goodbyes so maybe I'm just a cold bastard.

Salazar

Alta1r said:
Why is he crying?

No longer a permanent cast member. He has acting stuff to do, I suppose.

They were thinking about finding a replacement, but I think they figured the remaining folks can carry the show pretty easily.

Fafnir

Alta1r said:
Yikes, that is terrible. Maybe Sooyoung played ball for him? She's got the height for it.

SNSD met him through one of the members of SuJu, he communicates by blinking his eyes and said he was a SNSD fan so they all went to visit him. Sooyoung won Strong Heart by telling the story of how the basketball coach and his wife got together.

0Hs3e.jpg

Also there is no way Sooyoung is playing any kind of basketball with the way she runs LOL

QyoTQ.gif

Alta1r

Fafnir said:
SNSD met him through one of the members of SuJu, he communicates by blinking his eyes and said he was a SNSD fan so they all went to visit him. Sooyoung won Strong Heart by telling the story of how the basketball coach and his wife got together.

0Hs3e.jpg

Also there is no way Sooyoung is playing any kind of basketball with the way she runs LOL

QyoTQ.gif

Ah, thanks Faf. And yeah, Sooyoung running is some comedy. How does she run so goofy but dance so well, lol.

Salazar

I understand that all this shiny purple and pink stuff looks killer on stage, but I'm not into it.

That Pocahontas-ish outfit is a classic, though.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Salazar said:
I understand that all this shiny purple and pink stuff looks killer on stage, but I'm not into it.

That Pocahontas-ish outfit is a classic, though.

you're staring at the purple stuff? all i see are boobs

X-Frame

I feel like I can only focus on getting to know 1 new kpop group at a time -- though I feel like that'll mean it'll be years before I know most of them.

There's so many girl kpop groups -- I can't even remember the last American girl group .. Pussycat Dolls?

Salazar

X-Frame said:
There's so many girl kpop groups

And a bunch more are going to debut.

But only a very few, if any, of them will matter.

Nine Muses comeback fairly imminent. If they go up against Soshi, they are even more doomed.

HpmC2.jpg

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
X-Frame said:
I feel like I can only focus on getting to know 1 new kpop group at a time -- though I feel like that'll mean it'll be years before I know most of them.

There's so many girl kpop groups -- I can't even remember the last American girl group .. Pussycat Dolls?

The only?

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
She's okay... dead last though.

Salazar said:
Nine Muses comeback fairly imminent. If they go up against Soshi, they are even more doomed.

HpmC2.jpg

Comeback? lol, I know they debuted but I don't even know if you can call it that. I hear about Piggy Dolls more than them.

Dice

orangecaramel said:
She's okay... dead last though.
Dead last in the best group. Being in Kara irrationally gives her 1000 bonus points with me.

Alta1r

Salazar said:
Fair enough.

This is awesome, though.

VBL3R.jpg

What concept/concert is this? I've never seen it before. And lol @ the Sunny one. I didn't think they'd even try that type of getup for any of the Soshi girls given their figures
aka, lack of physical endowment up top

And does Nine Muses only have 7 members or is that some other group on the Maxim Korea cover?

syoaran

Alta1r said:
Who is that dude in the picture? A celebrity or are they visiting hospitals or something?

110723bkstageyoon.jpg

It's directly after the concert (or before), backstage.

No idea about the guy, but this was a VIP event where the girls mingled with various folk's to thank them for their hard work, or to look amazing in low quality iphone photos

vanty

Alta1r said:
What concept/concert is this? I've never seen it before. And lol @ the Sunny one. I didn't think they'd even try that type of getup for any of the Soshi girls given their figures
aka, lack of physical endowment up top
You've never seen Sunny before? Seohyun isn't exactly hard to notice either ahah, though she'd obviously never wear something like that. No G.NA craziness, but still.

Alta1r

vanty said:
You've never seen Sunny before? Seohyun isn't exactly hard to notice either ahah, though she'd obviously never wear something like that. No G.NA craziness, but still.

Wasn't it leaked sometime ago that all the girls were As. Sunny probably has an optical illusion going since they're against a smaller backdrop than the other girls. Haha. Naah I guess I'm more used to seeing outfits like that on bigger (physically) stars out here in the US, so I was surprised at first.

Syoaran said:
or to look amazing in low quality iphone photos

I am OK with this. =P

Xilium

Dice said:
Underrated
on GAF

She's one of the 2 most recognizable members of Kara for me, the other being Hara of course. I don't even know the names of the other 3.

orangecaramel said:
The only?
Girl (and boy) groups we're very popular here in the U.S, and I think to some degree in the U.K, during the 90's/late 80's but in the west, members of these groups seem to have a lot more freedom compared to Korean groups to break off and go solo. Since nearly every group had a lead vocalist and that person is pretty much guaranteed to go solo at some point (dropping the group means fewer splits of the cash flow), it just became pointless to continue making/promoting pop/R&B groups that would inevitably split due to greed (which is funny considering that very few of the people that break off remained as famous. Only Justin Timberlake and Beyonce come to mind atm.).

Peru

There are american girl groups now, it's just that they're rnb and female rnb sells jack shit at the moment. Electrik Red's "How To Be a Lady Pt 1" is one of the greatest girl group albums of all time.

electrik-red-cover.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom