• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNSD and K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fafnir said:
The show where they ask the difficult questions to Yoona is Ya Shim Man Man, Sunny arrives late for the show but she immediately adapts.

God, that reads exactly like one of those ridiculous variety show subtitles haha

Salazar

Variety show captions are the greatest thing ever.

So damn cute.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_LlvQuYJRE&feature=player_embedded

Hyoyeon anniversary selca.

3XaPS.jpg

Salazar

What’s wrong with HyunA’s choreography?

According to the Committee, they revealed, “The part where HyunA shakes her hips and the part where she is dancing with a male back dancer is obscene“.
(Note: The actual statement letter that the committee had sent over to the broadcasters explained it in more detail.)

One associate who saw the letter testified, “In the statement it said that the part where HyunA sweeps her hand from her ankle to her thighs and the part where she shakes her hips vigorously is seen as obscene“.

However, some music officials are saying that it might seem a bit unfair from HyunA’s perspective. One official said, “There is no clear criteria or guideline in determining if something is obscene or not. If HyunA’s hip dance is a problem, then why is KARA’s butt dance okay?” The official also added, “It’s a bit disappointing but there’s not much that we can do“, letting out a big sigh.

Other female artists are also in danger

Other female artists who are awaiting their comeback are also in panic mode because of HyunA’s incident. Having their concept, choreography, and outfit already set and waiting for their comeback date, the artists are afraid that this incident could have a negative impact on them as well.

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/08/hyunas-bubble-pop-banning-is-a-hot-topic-for-debate

Eh, I think the big groups will be ok.

6Sd1p.jpg

Conceptor

If this is true/confirmed, awesome:

tumblr said:
YURI, TIFFANY AND SOOYOUNG TO HOST THE LARGEST K-POP CONCERT IN JAPAN!

Yuri, Tiffany and Sooyoung have been selected to host the “K-POP All Star Live in Niigata” concert on August 20th!

The event, which will be held at Niigata’s Tohoku Denryoku Big Swan Stadium, is expected to attract a 46,000 strong audience, which has lead organisers to say that this K-Pop concert will be the largest to ever be hosted in Japan. July 13th’s KBS Music Bank Special in Tokyo (held at the Tokyo Dome) had an audience of appromixately 45,000 people.

There is no doubt that the three will do well as hosts: Sooyoung is the most proficient member in Japanese while both Tiffany and Yuri hosted the popular music show Music Core.

The MBC-sponsored event is organised in support of the earthquake reconstruction efforts in Japan. All junior high school students who have been evacuated to Niigata will be invited to the concert.

Not only will the three members be hosting the event, but SNSD is also to perform alongside fellow K-Pop groups, including Kara, 2PM, BEAST, CN Blue and 4minute, among others.

Despite only concluding their 1st Japan Arena Tour less than a month ago, the girls are excited to participate in the event. Sooyoung remarked, “In order to give the Japanese fans energy and something to look forward to through the performance, we are preparing very enthusiastically.” Tiffany added, “We just finished our Japan Arena Tour, but I’m happy to be able to meet the Japanese fans, who give us so much love, again in Niigata.”

They love their Japanese fans.

–Credits-

sources: nikkansports.com, hochi.yomiuri.co.jp
SeraphK, arghninja, residentbenchwarmer and gayqueenful, all@soshified.com

Salazar

Phonomezer said:
By "artists" I'm guessing their mean "corporate managers pulling the strings".

True. I'm also guessing that the amount of wiggle room, so to speak, is proportional with the amount of clout those managers have.

That Niigata concert is going to be awesome.

Boram looks pretty tense.

onkm9.jpg

Ashhong

Dammit I'm all caught up on Running Man and now I'm sad. Episode 47 was pretty fantastic though. Loved it when Gary pressed the buzzer to answer a question too early and then he goes "OH MY GAWT"

Ashhong

Yea I love that they use his song before the videos. I can't believe its the same as the Spartan we know and love.

lol "uhhh queen?"
lol.gif

Salazar

Considering the weird stuff they sometimes have to eat on variety shows—or tasks like eating a ton of noodles in a minute—she should be pretty grateful.

Edit: That's right. It was Hyunah who hated vegetables.

xwXr4.gif

Salazar

filler said:
Thread needs more Hara.

I anticipate more KARA than anybody (except perhaps Dice) can bear when they do their comeback. If DSP do a decent job of promoting them in Korea, and put in some serious effort, that is.

cqtsO.gif

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I think she has flexible toes and was curling them oddly. Remember that 1st look shoot I posted?

ryRMW.png

Not that bad, and doesn't look photoshopped to me. If they did work that much, why wouldn't they bother making them look perfect?

/vigilant Kara defense force

Peru

Jong Kook is so awesome. Didn't know what to think of him the first time he showed up on Family Outing but he quickly became totally loveable - although his style on FO was a bit different. He was good at games but mostly just Hyori's bitch. Also loved RM 44 or 45 or 46 (can't remember) where that gay actor/food joint owner with the hots for Kookie tries to lure them to his restaurant.

filler

Banned
I get the feeling Koreans are chatty and talk rapidly. I find it a lot easier to keep up with the subs in Japanese TV shows and Movies. Seems like they have a slower pace with everything.

Salazar

filler said:
I get the feeling Koreans are chatty and talk rapidly. I find it a lot easier to keep up with the subs in Japanese TV shows and Movies. Seems like they have a slower pace with everything.

The thing that struck me, and still does to some extent, is the difficulty level of some of the word games and tongue twisters. It might just be unfamiliarity with the language and the way it works, but that shit looks hard. And even harder to do on camera.

kpIir.jpg

Conceptor

Slot me in behind Dice and Salazar, then!

XJybq.jpg

FvWmm.jpg

ACvwE.png

UIt24.jpg

m9x7v.jpg

Edit: Peru's image isn't showing up but I'm guessing maybe.. it has to do with that Suju/Soshi pic? So many angry fangirls lol

Edit 2: Yep. :lol

Dice

When Heechul isn't busy crossdressing he always comes off as some douchebag teen from the 90s trying to copy The Crow/Jonny Depp.

Salazar

More or less, yeah.

jUB3U.gif

Yoona about to inhale that muffin.

That cartoonist dude was awesome in RM 47. Pretending to sign the book and when they look at it, it's a frowning character and "merong".

Peru

I dunno, he's a brat, but I'm pretty much a fan of anyone who speaks up against their own fans in this kind of environment.

And no offense to anyone from the country, but 99,9% of the cray cray ELFs seem to be from Vietnam.

Dice

lol I only watch the Hyeri>Yura intro and stop. That song sucks. I will be sad in the time between miss A stopping and Kara starting, but I think Dal Shabet and Sistar will soften the hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom