• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNSD and K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

filler

Banned
Dice said:
Bear in mind I am ranking those guys by stage performance as well.

Beast: Soom, Lights Go On Again, Lightless and then their new Fiction and Fact album can just be taken as a whole. It is the best boyband kpop album, only Tracks 3 & 7 are a little weak but they still fit in among the rest, which are all fantastic.

Check out this comeback stage: http://youtu.be/ANHYHH7oZ0o a highlight moment from last year
When they broke into subunits they were still good: http://youtu.be/b0br8irJbqw http://youtu.be/4q3wuKyh9v8 http://youtu.be/QsXDMb37L18

And they are fun guys on shows. Really, they have all I'd expect and want in a guy group. They remind me of Big Bang before they forgot how to be Big Bang (they are better split up now)

Shinee: Lucifer, Electric Heart, A-Yo, Love Pain, Ring Ding Dong, Jojo, The Name I Loved

Dalmatian: Their entire mini-album. No kidding. MC Mong produced it and really put his heart into it. It's the best boyband mini album. A work of art. Track 7 isn't as good because it is their first single added as a bonus track.

Any of these groups hiphop? I really have no interest in korean rap.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Ashhong said:
No Big Bang makes me one angry mother fucker.
They forgot how to be Big Bang and are now better separate.

Love this gif.
People try to say this but it isn't true. The others are lovey-dovey with her all the time, however she does play the unni role, so don't confuse that for being left out.

filler said:
Any of these groups hiphop? I really have no interest in korean rap.
They are idol pop groups that incorporate some idol-rapping like any group does.

Salazar

Dice said:

Naw.

tqt4g.gif
TtaV8.gif

Ashhong

Dice said:

People try to say this but it isn't true. The others are lovey-dovey with her all the time, however she does play the unni role, so don't confuse that for being left out.

They are idol pop groups that incorporate some idol-rapping like any group does.

Well the Gyuri gif only came around because of the KARA issues earlier this year, I don't think it had anything to do with her being the unni.

Dice said:

LOOOOOL

more of these fake captions please!

Dice

Lizzy forgets that it's their goodbye stage and tries for a cute recovery. Raina loses her shit and disguises it as bowing.

lolizzyy7q4.gif

Dice

Salazar said:
Chocolat dance practice vid.
Best one is in yellow, all black w/ white shoes is also good. Weak link is in black hoodie. Other two are middleground.

Overall much better than their Britney video. I wonder if they can sing.

Salazar

Choreography doesn't seem bannable, which is a start.

Then again, I suppose they'll have something new and outfits will be the deciding factor.

Edit: lulz.

K6HUP.gif

lc4zY.gif

^^^^^ I adore this gif.

Salazar

rofl

LOEN Ent. have decided not to edit and resubmit the worst-conceived MV in the history of K-pop.

K0iXx.jpg

I can edit out the pic if folks want.

Dice

bloodforge said:
So does that Sunny Hill video make more sense if you can read the lyrics in English? Or is it just WTF no matter what?
No, the song is about being depressed remembering your ex/praying they will come back.

Salazar

bloodforge said:
So does that Sunny Hill video make more sense if you can read the lyrics in English? Or is it just WTF no matter what?

First (probably pretty rough) translation I found.

Save me from the broken time
rarara rarara rarara rarara

Someone else, the dream
She had provided some all tell me
it is to see me you tell me now please stop

The sigh cruelly roughly four heard only ,
but did not hear what I heard of salvation,
yes I yell at me; give out

Stand by me and necessary
More and more so deep that you,
but the more suffering from
Cry for me and I'm so sorry more and more losses,
you lose again the more please anyway

I stopped wakens stopped me back to time yesterday
as you let go to me what I hid sorrow was hid,
and the The pain had come up with his glass
is not to say I did not not

Someone else to do,
it will be dull had all that
what are my told me,
you tell me I wake up please ask

rain tears in my body,
it is my body to the ground of the frozen,
identified as "Yes I cry out.

Stand by me and necessary
More and more so deep that you,
but the more suffering from
Cry for me and I'm so sorry
for God's sake anyway again

I stopped wakens stopped me back to time yesterday
as you let go to me what I hid sorrow was hid,
and the The pain had come up with his glass
is not to say I did not not

I pray for your listen to the song
listen to the song answer me and ringing--

Flying to take me away me back to us ,
and let him go floating couldn't concentrate
take thee with a day to try to live more bit
my lips now sublimity not not not not.

Save me from broken time

I think it is completely wtf. No matter what.

Dice

lol what is that, a google translation?

try this, bro: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osYUBmZTmes

Dice

Ashhong said:
Yea Dice, stop acting all cool cause you have better translations. I dont need translators and you dont see me showing off.

swag
YyCLy.gif

...you're still mad about the Big Bang thing.

FmajZ.gif

Salazar

bloodforge said:
She looks bored.

I think it's concentration. She comes very close to messing up towards the end.

It's also that the concept is what they always describe as "cold city girl".

7soK1.gif

^^^^ This outfit was awesome.

Salazar

MORALITY POLICE STRIKE AGAIN - TOO LATE TO CENSOR, BUT STILL MAD

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/08/dream-team-2-embroiled-in-obscenity-controversy

On August 7th, KBS aired a “dream girls summer special” for their sports variety show, ‘Dream Team 2‘, which contained some suggestive and licentious scenes that left viewers feeling uncomfortable.

Girl group members from SISTAR, Girl’s Day, CSJH, Nine Muses, Dal Shabet, Rania, Aurora, together with tv personalities Lee Pani, Kim Mi Yeon, Kim Na Young, Kang Eun Bi and many others guested on the show for what was supposed to be a fun series of games.

Since the recording for this particular episode happened in a waterpark, female contestants wore T-shirts over their bathing suits. Unfortunately, some of the matches called for inappropriate scenes that made viewers watching with their families feel rather uncomfortable.

The scenes in question would be repeated on end, and cameras would even zoom up to specific body parts, providing one-shots to the celebrities with the best bodies. This issue was compounded by the fact that the program was aired during a time slot when families gathered to watch TV together.

Soon after the broadcast, the viewer board for ‘Dream Team 2′ was met with an onslaught of angry viewers who left comments like, “It was as if I was watching an old adult’s program”, and “Cameras would take shots from the front and even one-shots of the contestants’ breasts. It was just embarrassing.”

Other viewers, however, defended the program by commenting, “It was a refreshing broadcast fit for the summer weather. I felt as if I had gone on vacation myself”, and “This is reverse discrimination. It’s apparently fine when guys run around with their tops off, but it’s suddenly sexually suggestive for girls to wear t-shirts over their bikinis?

http://i.imgur.com/emLFG.jpg

Need this show. I thought KBS was the conservative channel.

Dice

I will have to find that in HD. -_^

In other news, recent days have seriously been good to Boram.

yoYe3.jpg

9X5cG.jpg

Dice

It's a miracle, everyone!

http://youtu.be/XFrVYT2nwwY

Uee actually smiled and made various facial expressions!

I am 100% serious when I say I have never seen this from her before.

A round of applause for this milestone in her career.

217tP.gif

Dice

Baby steps. This is miles above the eyes of robotic abyss, though we did get a glance of that at the start.

Melancholy Soyeon

yP01I.jpg

Z0uL4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom