• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNSD and K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edgeward said:
Easy

Gyuri
Hara
Nicole
Seungyeon
Jiyoung

MOTHER FUCKING EDGE!!! glad to see you in here!!!

And call me a fucking pessimist but listening to those new teasers I still think the Korean version shits all over the english one. And every time I hear the song it reminds me of Holla back girl by Gwen Stefan lol....

oK, here's a pic of my stick project that i've been working on.

hwk6bp.jpg

this is only the temporary art, this is done on Lamilabel.....the real one that is getting done is gonna be plexi glass, and the cutout is gonna be laser cut so it isn't going to be all frayed and dirty like the one I did, but that is gonna take about 3-4 weeks. So I did this temporary one for the time being just to be ready for the Dromstruction tournament next week in norcal.

the final one is just gonna be higher quality and i'm getting the clear semitsu buttons so I can put the art inside the button cover so you'll still be able to see the full image of sunny.

Not pictured- I Usually put a small Card of SNSD that I have over the home/turbo area, but I havent put it on yet cuz i'm still messing around with button cleaning.

I'll be sure to post the absolute final version when it finally is finished. but here's just the Eraldo teaser! haha

and sorry for the quality, only had my phone.

<3 Gyuri <3 Sunny....wish i coulda found a super high res pic of sooyoung to put on too :(

but still <3 Sooyoung .....Gyuri always #1 though which is why she gets the main stage on the left side :D

Edgeward

I would mod my stick to place some K-pop art on it but I don't like the idea of my dirty hands on such angels of purity as I'm raging on some online match.

^ that's awesome stick.

Lol @Edge....I just picture you beating the shit out of your stick and then feeling bad about it if you had kpop art on it.

anyways, i'm off to work, catch you cats later.

Peru

Ok so the IY G7 rumour line-up also has Kara Seungyeon and Rainbow's Woori included.... which would make it more amazing than words can describe. Seungyeon and Sunny.... can't be true.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Never listen to rumors. We'll know when we know.

soSf3.jpg

*forgets everything and goes into rabid fanboymode*
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! JIEUNAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Dice

Conceptor said:
I can't even begin to tell you how much I love this. Secret better BRING IT or OC is getting bumped another notch in my book.

Salazar said:
And she can sing.
EatChildren said:
This is still my fav of her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1PPxGBwvxE

EraldoCoil said:
And every time I hear the song it reminds me of Holla back girl by Gwen Stefan lol....
These kids... don't get it twisted (why exactly did we recently bring this phrase back?) He's an ass, but this is still Teddy-fucking-Riley. I'd put the starting point on the incorporated elements somewhere around here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jf_LizgLvT0

...Gwen Stefani... lol...

panda21

Peru said:
Ok so the IY G7 rumour line-up also has Kara Seungyeon and Rainbow's Woori included.... which would make it more amazing than words can describe. Seungyeon and Sunny.... can't be true.

oh wow. what is the full rumoured line up? Seungyeon would be so good

Conceptor

CaptYamato said:
Which episode is the running man hip-hop special?

ep. 59 I think. Heads up Dice, that was Eraldocoil on that last quote :3. Gonna choose to believe that IY rumour until proven otherwise! Would be so good.

Dice

Conceptor said:
Heads up Dice, that was Eraldocoil on that last quote :3.
How did that even happen? I just pushed the quote button and took the other text out of it...

Gonna choose to believe that rumour until proven otherwise! Would be so good.
I'd be in it for Seungyeon/Suzy/Sunny, but Amber (nice/friends with everyone in the biz, but boring on shows, and you know, the attractiveness level is uhhh...) and HYOYEON? WAAAEEEE?!

As for the other two, I know Bora has some experience on the show but I'd rather Dasom or Soyou get some exposure. They're always shoved aside. As for Woori, nothing against her but my No Eul bias is quite strong. Though, Jisook is goofy so she'd be really fun as well.

But really, I don't see how most of these girls would have time to do it. The big acts are crazy busy with all sorts of promotions abroad.

Ashhong

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/10/wonder-girls-scheduled-to-release-album-make-live-comeback-this-week

As earlier reported, the Wonder Girls are returning to Korea for the quintet’s long-awaited comeback this week!

The ladies’ agency JYP Entertainment announced that the pop group will release their new album on October 19th.

After filming their TV movie for ‘Teen Nick‘ titled ‘Wonder Girls at the Apollo‘, the girls returned to Korea on October 9th, taking a short break before launching into their comeback preparations. The film has inspired the girls to approach the preparations for this comeback from a film-like perspective, so the album is expected to take on the form of a colorful movie OST.

On October 16th, JYP Entertainment stated, “We are still thinking about whether it will become a full album or a mini album, but it will consist of “Tell Me“, “So Hot“, and “Nobody“, in addition to urban pop songs different from their retro songs. It will be good to expect Wonder Girls’ transformation.”

With competition against SNSD, Orange Caramel and T-ara, who do you think will win?

oh shit looks like we are gonna get SNSD vs WG after all. Much better than SNSD vs Kara.

Ashhong

I didnt even read the article before posting, but they make it sound like no matter what it will include Tell Me, So Hot and Nobody. How can they make it a mini and include 3 previous songs? That would be like 1-2 new songs
lol.gif

Dice

WG album 3 weeks earlier than I expected! WOOOOO!

Edit: I know this is JYP but those songs are 3-4 years old and were already released everywhere in the world in multiple editions. COME ON! I get that they want to do a movie OST for people who might only know them for the movie, but for the love of all Wonderfuls--many of whom listened to those old songs tens of thousands of times--don't only bind the new songs to it. Go ahead and make a mini out of it with whatever new song they will focus on plus one b-side, but also release all new tracks as a standalone mini/full album.

Dice

You gave me three different tears, after all these years
Tears of joy
Korean promotions
Tears of pain
Western promotions
Tears from songs always the same
SO I HATE YOU~ (but I love miss A, they are so good -good)
SO I LOVE YOU~ (but I these songs you give me are so old -old)

Niks

As earlier reported, the Wonder Girls are returning to Korea for the quintet’s long-awaited comeback this week!

The ladies’ agency JYP Entertainment announced that the pop group will release their new album on October 19th.

vordhosbn said:
Wonderwho?

it's on like donkey kong
zu58bn.gif

tumblr_ljr6zgbK7F1qj60veo1_250%25255B1%25255D.gif

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
I would do something for the OP but Lim is in the group and it kind of defeats the whole purpose of having a good looking OP
<Insert Hyoyeon Joke>

Ashhong

WG, meh...

Speaking of Hyoyeon, her on IY would suck so bad, and it's not because I don't like her. Just seeing her on Running Man makes it obvious that she would be awkward as hell. I guess she could loosen up, but I would rather not sit through 10+ episodes of it.

Dice

STOP THE PRESSES!

CORRECT TRANSLATION FROM WONDER GIRLS FANS

AKP TROLLING WONDERFULS -- WG ANTIS? PAID BY SM?

http://fyjypnation.tumblr.com/post/11549276340
Girl group Wonder Girls has shed their retro concept and have a magnificent comeback ahead of them with a movie-like story.

The Wonder Girls finished filming for the TV movie ‘Wonder Girls at the Apollo’ which will air in early 2012 on cable channel Teen Nick and returned to Korea on the 9th. They had a short break and are currently preparing for their new album that will be released in Korea in early November.

On the 16th a JYP Entertainment representative stated “We’re not sure if it will be a full album or a mini album yet but it will be different from Tell Me, So Hot, and Nobody from the past because pop urban dance songs will be the core of this album” and “You can expect a transformation from the Wonder Girls”.

The reason for this transformation is because all the songs in this album will be featured as the OST for the TV movie ‘Wonder Girls at the Apollo’. This movie has gained interest because pop star Mariah Carey’s husband and ‘Drumline’s actor Nick Cannon is producing it. It seems as if the Wonder Girls will receive a great effect from working with him.

The Wonder Girls’ transformation has also been gaining interest because their biggest rival SNSD will be releasing their new album on the 19th and will be making their comeback on the 21st.
It has also been revealed that SNSD’s new song ‘The Boys’ will be released in the US as well so it won’t be the usual repetitive hook song but will be a pop song that the whole world can listen to.

Their rivalry is similar to the one in ‘Wonder Girls at the Apollo’. In the movie they also have a dancing and singing competition against the girl group ‘School Gyrls’.

In October 2009, the Wonder Girls became the first Korean singers to enter the Billboard Hot100 chart and reached 76th with their single ‘Nobody’. SNSD set the sales record in Japan for the debut album of foreign artists, got 1st on the Oricon weekly album chart, etc. and have their US debut ahead of them.

Wonder Girls and SNSD that debuted together in 2007 and are representing Korea well in the US and Japan. Their rivalry and music are now in the spotlight again.

Dice

What are you talking about? Korea vs. America idol race war against a group they are 100x better than? This is going to be hilariously terribad on so many levels.

Dice

Salazar said:
What the fuck is this dribble. Who the fuck doesn't like hooks.
Yeah, that was also funny. Apparently America doesn't listen to repetitive hook songs? Uhhhh...

Edit: IY2 stuff IF IT'S TRANSLATED CORRECTLY

The cast will once again be comprised of an all-new ‘G7&#8242;, and two of the members were drawn from rookie girl groups through an audition format.

According to an industry insider, popular girl group members will once again comprise the cast, including those from girl groups which were featured in Season 1 of ‘Invincible Youth’. The first shooting will be carried out with the new cast members having no knowledge of who their fellow castmates will be.

Ashhong

This movie has gained interest because pop star Mariah Carey’s husband and ‘Drumline’s actor Nick Cannon is producing it. It seems as if the Wonder Girls will receive a great effect from working with him.

What the fuck is this
lol.gif
lol.gif
Great effect? I love Kpop press releases.

Wonder Girls are going to fall flat on their face against SNSD. Count on it.

Dice

That'll be hard to do since SNSD already fell flat on their faces with these teasers.

Salazar

Ashhong said:
Great effect? I love Kpop press releases.

I wonder how low your blood sugar has to get before you type that stuff. Language barrier aside -

No hook ?

Catchy song perfect for American market.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom