• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNSD and K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashhong

Salazar said:
I wonder how low your blood sugar has to get before you type that stuff. Language barrier aside -

No hook ?

Catchy song perfect for American market.

Wouldn't be surprised if that isnt a little made up by the Wonderful's translation.

Raiku

Dice said:
That'll be hard to do since SNSD already fell flat on their faces with these teasers.

바보.

Aw man I want that Garie-2 shirt. Don't think they ship to the US though. Damn.

Salazar

6yR9y.gif

rWuiA.gif

VNnnL.jpg

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Salazar said:
Get all that big talk in now.
Despite how burnt out I am on them, it has nothing to do with SNSD. Look at JYP's history of music releases and then look at SM's. One has earned the right to have good expectations and one has been shoveling 90% garbage. Even when only factoring the promoted singles for SNSD, there is just a 40% chance that I'll like The Boys, and their previews haven't helped at all. SM does really well at training up entertaining people and marketing them, but in terms of getting good music for their artists I'd put them behind JYP (and sub agencies), DSP, YG, TS, Pledis, etc. They had a good time over the last decade but they become less and less relevant as competition rises.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Salazar said:
ehYHl.gif

I accept some of what you're saying, Dice. Soshi are still #1 by a long way though.

I think Invincible Youth might turn some of the Hyo skeptics around.
yBQU7.jpg

PS; The 2nd teaser, there's a noise, I don't really know how to explain it that well but.. when they're swinging their arms at :06 and :22, It's a nice touch >_<

Peru

Dice said:
Despite how burnt out I am on them, it has nothing to do with SNSD. Look at JYP's history of music releases and then look at SM's. One has earned the right to have good expectations and one has been shoveling 90% garbage. Even when only factoring the promoted singles for SNSD, there is just a 40% chance that I'll like The Boys, and their previews haven't helped at all. SM does really well at training up entertaining people and marketing them, but in terms of getting good music for their artists I'd put them behind JYP (and sub agencies), DSP, YG, TS, Pledis, etc. They had a good time over the last decade but they become less and less relevant as competition rises.

This is pretty much rubbish - first off because JYP has put out SO much crap, in the past few years the only things of any relevance and interest has been some Miss A tunes. He's clearly overworked himself. "Love Alone" is the best JYP single of the year, anyway, and not produced by him.

And also because, putting your personal tastes aside, SM has dictated a lot of k-pop trends, obviously shaping tons of boybands around Sorry Sorry back in 2009, and later - not necessarily with SNSD who've always been 'outside' of k-pop in terms of sounds and trends (but whose popularity and indeed relevance in the mainstream has increased year by year). Add to that a group like f(x) with a sound unlike anyone else, hate it or love it, and it's hard to say they're less relevant -- are you saying that because they don't work with Shinsadong Tiger and Brave Bros like everyone else? Or because of sales figures... that completely work against your argument.

Dice

SM has dictated a lot of k-pop trends, obviously shaping tons of boybands around Sorry Sorry back in 2009, and later - not necessarily with SNSD who've always been 'outside' of k-pop in terms of sounds and trends (but whose popularity and indeed relevance in the mainstream has increased year by year). Add to that a group like f(x) with a sound unlike anyone else, hate it or love it, and it's hard to say they're less relevant
Relevant to me, meaning, it doesn't sound like shit. Lately they really fail on that point.

Just to be clear, you guys need to understand... I am never, ever talking about world standings and I don't believe there is even any real way to quantify that sort of thing since different groups have different aims. Regardless of whether it's even possible, I don't care about it at all. I don't care about popularity, innovation, sales, ratings, or influence power. I never have. None ever had any factor in my esteem of anyone. If someone I like wins something, I'm happy for them because I like them and want them to feel that they are finding success. That's the only level I play on in the competition game. Everything else is 100% my perspective of their talent and ability to put together something of quality, and I think that is the only sane way to discuss anything artistic.

Peru

In an ideal world, sure, but this is real life. Can't just ignore what's happening around each isolated piece of art.

Dice

Why not? If something is enjoyable, it's enjoyable. That's all there needs be.

I think it's funny how our tastes are about as far apart from each other as possible while staying in one genre.

Conceptor

Biscuits said:
These have nothing to do with LeeSsang Gary, right? Well except for when he was wearing one during Running Man.
There's a link to the store from his fb page so I think it's legit. There's this too

MNQgp.jpg

Sebulon3k said:
Garie 2 / Dice are pretty good. Chance of me being able to get Garie 2 in the US?
Raiku said:
&#48148;&#48372;.

Aw man I want that Garie-2 shirt. Don't think they ship to the US though. Damn.
Hmm probably very low at this point and yeah.. The website says they're setting up a paypal payment system? But I mean shipping it would still be a problem. Too bad :(

Peru said:
Minzy - N.W.A - 8 Ball This is crazy...!!!!!! I luv this song.!!! Hip-Hop!!!!!
fBv3m.gif
yQ6um.gif

Ending to RM59 was awesome, btw.

Peru

Dice said:
Why not? If something is enjoyable, it's enjoyable. That's all there needs be.

I think it's funny how our tastes are about as far apart from each other as possible while staying in one genre.

And yet we were the ones who talked most in-depth about k-pop at the beginning of this neogaf fad, like two forces pulling in different directions. At least our usernames are of similar length.

Dice

Peru said:
And yet we were the ones who talked most in-depth about k-pop at the beginning of this neogaf fad, like two forces pulling in different directions. At least our usernames are of similar length.
I've noticed we even tend to focus on different aspects of production.

We'll always have Sweet Dream.

Peru

Mmmm, Sweet Dream.

Like their domestic activities, Wonder Girls' and SNSD's global activities are just as common. They even have living accommodations abroad. Wonder Girls, who started activities in the United States in 2009, stayed at the New York Manhattan JYP USA building for awhile, but last year moved out to an apartment. Although accommodations a bit tight, all five girls have a room to their own. After getting used to life abroad, the girls often cook Korean meals together.

SNSD. who are regulars in Japan, have a villa in Shibuya all to themselves. In Seoul, they lodge in a 314m2 (1,030 sq ft) villa; however, because there is difficulty in finding as wide an accommodation in Japan, they take up two villas that have two rooms each. They usually eat out, but when they are in the villa, their meals are cooked by a maid who helps them out.

Kara and 2NE1 in particular use a designated hotel. In Kara's case they have a long-term contract with a well known hotel in Akasaka. When Kara decides to stay in Japan, this hotel agreed to provide them their designated rooms and not take guests in rooms around them. For meals, they usually take use of hotel meals, eat where they are carrying out their activities, and sometimes go out for Korean at Akasaka or Shinjuku.

2NE1 takes use of a hotel that in Shibuya that is close to convenient modes of transportation. YG artists take use of the same hotel and are treated as regular guests, having certain rooms reserved for their use and having little details taken care of to ensure their comfort and privacy.

Cube Entertainment artists such as BEAST, and 4minute rotate among designated hotels they stay at in locations such as Akasaka and Shibuya. They choose their location based on where they hold their activities, choosing hotels that are closer. Cube Entertainment is planning to have more regular activities in Japan and plan to find more permanent accommodations for their artists.

Groups such as 2PM, T-ara, and Secret who recently made their debuts in Japan, all use hotels. Meals are usually eaten on the go or on site where they are. 2PM chooses based on the proximity to their locations for activities, and Secret chooses their hotel based on level of comfort. Whenever 2PM visits Japan, they frequent Korean restaurants in Akasaka.

Ranvier

Ugh, still haven't gotten around to watching that RM episode yet. That news about IY better be true. Even if it isn't awesomeHYO on the show it basically means that 1-2 members from SNSD will be on it. It also means that the girls will be chilling in Korea for a while and we'll hopefully get some other variety/talk shows with them. Either way, its a win win.

And I'm sorry guys but my next 3 posts will be pic bombs. They will be uncharacteristic Pic bombs. It is just something I have to do.

ay673a.jpg

25k6dr4.jpg

2h84wee.jpg

j0k6fl.jpg
2mhsyua.jpg
2po5c9t.jpg

2i20vh1.jpg
esvpuf.jpg

ddm1df.jpg
img8254m.jpg

126648567652.jpg
2naquqq.jpg

fnzv6.jpg
img75091.jpg

shortupdo.jpg
20100228_snsdpress_14-400x600.jpg

2i774e9.jpg
2r29ic6.jpg
254335_10150216778349614_678679613_6913139_3428287_n.jpg

8wyrrm.jpg

gallery413221377251229.jpg

icy3.jpg
icy5.jpg

tumblr_lslcekBoSO1qitdj1o1_500.jpg
tumblr_lslcf38MsU1qitdj1o1_500.jpg

hjon6.jpg
tumblr_l3ys8q5SH81qbr4who1_500.jpg

0250404001247297343.gif
2nlxnao.gif
tumblr_kshwttSXVL1qzjyg2o1_400.gif

1zw0n00.jpg
vcdct.gif
2zdopq9jpg.gif
th_ae76ys.gif

2euoh3c.gif
jfkx7s.gif
2rrxvrq.gif

slu4d2.gif
k3m251.gif

2vvj13o.gif
2sbr0xg.jpg

taeprank.gif
05.gif
04.gif
1282329xc4.gif

07217681ffcd15b0ff96d94cde2bca57.gif
2s8pov4.gif
cutesicacf.gif

7050618bgw1dm2c2zgfx1g.gif
ixe81w.gif
2mdi2bn.gif

Dice

Why does her body look shopped (specifically, skewed)? It looks like a sprite, man. Do they have a problem with sexy hips?

Ranvier

Phonomezer said:
Has Ranvier's account been hijacked?

Or has he been watching the X Files lately?

!

No no, it won't happen again for a long while. Sometimes, when you're friends with the Devil, you have to bite the bullet do things that scar your soul.

Ugh, I feel so dirty, I'll be back in a bit...have to go scrub my skin raw in the shower. Only, way I'll get clean again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom