• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNSD and K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quadratic

I just watched the RAW RM66 ep. It's soooooo good. The preview for episode 67 has me really excited.
Family Outing reunion with Kim Soo-ro & Park Ye-jin

Salazar

T-ara "Cry Cry" teaser.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHDavg3dbSE&feature=player_embedded

And Rainbooooooooow.

tumblr_loq4wpypji1qfol0ftk.gif

tumblr_loq4ywaaxj1qfol2cav.gif

tumblr_loq512zvje1qfoluee5.gif

tumblr_loq52ild9o1qfol7c6b.gif

Dream Team S2 Ep 53 is amazing.

Fafnir

One of Yuri's fansite has the bouquet from Music Bank win. It looks like there might have been quite a battle for it as the girls go nuts watching the mayhem after Yuri tosses it into the crowd. The bouquet will probably have a shrine dedicated for it.

8O3VO.gif

1G1GR.jpg
UqLb7.jpg

Salazar

Clipse said:
http://www.allkpop.com/2011/10/mtv-iggy-snsds-yoona-taeyeons-rude-behavior-during-an-interview
Netizens are at it again it seems.. Didn't Yoona twist her ankle right before this interview?

Are K-netizens overreacting, or is there a grain of truth in their arguments? Toss us your thoughts below.

cdMu5.gif

Gee, I dunno. Hikikomori assholes trolling overworked entertainers, maybe ? It's hilarious that AKP bills itself as having all this access and then manufactures stories out of netizen drivel. I'd love a few companies to tell them to fuck themselves. Then again, Korean media outlets are probably doing exactly the same thing, and AKP is reduced to being a parasite on already parasitical journalistic practices.

I wonder how strenuous the Dream Team games are going to be. Because putting someone who is exhausted through an obstacle course is risky tv.

ramyeon

Salazar said:
cdMu5.gif

Gee, I dunno. Hikikomori assholes trolling overworked entertainers, maybe ? It's hilarious that AKP bills itself as having all this access and then manufactures stories out of netizen drivel. I'd love a few companies to tell them to fuck themselves. Then again, Korean media outlets are probably doing exactly the same thing, and AKP is reduced to being a parasite on already parasitical journalistic practices.
Yeah AKP don't manufacture any stories. There's a link to the original Korean article on Naver in that link you quoted.

This stuff is newsworthy in Korea - AKP just translates all the Korean idol news that comes out. If they weren't doing it you'd have a much harder time keeping up to date. Don't bite the hand that feeds you and whatnot.

Salazar

ramyeon said:
There's a link to the original Korean article on Naver in that link you quoted..

The Naver article seems fine. It's just that AKP plays up the netizen angles.

And then washes its hands with a mock-solicitous: "wow, do you think this is bullshit ? Tell us if you do".

4FQXz.jpg

Peru

ramyeon said:
Yeah AKP don't manufacture any stories. There's a link to the original Korean article on Naver in that link you quoted.

This stuff is newsworthy in Korea - AKP just translates all the Korean idol news that comes out. If they weren't doing it you'd have a much harder time keeping up to date. Don't bite the hand that feeds you and whatnot.

Sometimes they do write stuff on their own and then it's even worse, but mostly, yeah, people don't get that they just translate.

ramyeon

Salazar said:
The Naver article seems fine. It's just that AKP plays up the netizen angles.

And then washes its hands with a mock-solicitous: "wow, do you think this is bullshit ? Tell us if you do".
So you read the Naver article?

That's just what those websites do for community interaction.
Sometimes they do write stuff on their own and then it's even worse, but mostly, yeah, people don't get that they just translate.
Yeah, they do write articles occasionally. But every time I've seen someone bash AKP's journalism on here it's just been a translation of an article they've sourced at the bottom of the translation :lol

Salazar

ramyeon said:
Yeah, they do write articles occasionally. But every time I've seen someone bash AKP's journalism on here it's just been a translation of an article they've sourced at the bottom of the translation :lol

What irritates me, principally, is the appending and emphasising of the wacko netizen comments.

Boss Taeng.

tumblr_ltwwc4ia2c1qb12hume.jpg

broz0rs

allkpop writers used to write some shit on their articles, but the opinions have been cut and the articles are now mostly objective translations of Naver, Twitter, and other Korean media outlets.

here's an old allkpop article that would be a good example of when their writers would write shit:

Kim Jo Han: I want to make a comeback with Solid

Noble words from the original king of R&B, but it’s a little too much a little too late, sorry Jo Han, your days of glory are over. We’re sending this one over to the already massive pool of Has-Beens.

ramyeon

broz0rs said:
allkpop writers used to write some shit on their articles, but the opinions have been cut and the articles are now mostly objective translations of Naver, Twitter, and other Korean media outlets.

here's an old allkpop article that would be a good example of when their writers would write shit:

Kim Jo Han: I want to make a comeback with Solid
Yeah that's really bad haha. They used to be the site to hate, but they have definitely improved recently.

Salazar

broz0rs said:

True. They're by no means the bottom of the barrel.

That would be this:

Rookie girl group Clinah are screwed and they haven’t even debuted yet

Dino Entertainment have come up with a new girl group called Clinah, who they announced would be releasing their debut album, “We Are Clinah“, on October 28th.

The band is comprised of lead vocalist Han Yuna (21), first guitarist Rika (21), second guitarist Malja (17), and drummer Lee Sowoon (19). Don’t let their cute looks fool you, as they’re well-versed in composing and writing songs. Johnny Kim (formerly of rock band Superkidd) directed the album, and their title track, “Come On Boy“, is the work of rookie composer Beatnist.

As you can see in the picture, none of them are hot.

Big problem? You better believe it.

I’m sorry, but with all the competition out there, they better release one of the catchiest albums in the history of K-pop or I set the over/under on total albums released at 1.5 and am taking the under.

http://www.asianjunkie.com/2011/10/...are-screwed-and-they-havent-even-debuted-yet/

tumblr_lne8zf7xzw1qahi6u71.gif

tumblr_ltplxncbjc1qbcw5u38.png

Chesskid1

Banned
speaking of hyori, i haven't been following kpop long enough to have heard of hyori, but i keep hearing people comparing hyuna to her

anyways, i did some youtubing of her a few days ago and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_KW_xO4AhA (some gifs of it above)

pretty much wow. she looks absolutely perfect there, really. goddess tier. avatar change incoming for sure. u-go-girl is the only song i really like by her so far (i only really like catchy pop stuff). (ive watched at least 10 performances of it already). i also hate the guy rapper so much.

vanty

Yeah she's easily #1. So much so that any list where someone else is at the top is basically a list of people who are below the goddess.

H Y O R I S H

Salazar

Chesskid1 said:
speaking of hyori, i haven't been following kpop long enough to have heard of hyori, but i keep hearing people comparing hyuna to her

Hyori being a dork on Family Outing seals the deal. That's the way it works with a bunch of idols, and with the scene in general, but Hyori more than most. Perhaps more than any. I thought she was amazing when I'd only seen her in MVs, but she is straight-up the most charismatic of the lot. As well as being ridiculously fine.

Look at poor Chunhee. He's terrified.

tumblr_l5j5vbnf9o1qcnd9ft1.jpg

Salazar

Sigh MTV

After releasing their massively successful international singles like "Gee," the Ke$ha-penned "Run Devil Run" and the awesomely titled "Mr. Taxi," the nine fabulous ladies of Girls' Generation (start memorizing their names and birthdays now!) are about to bring their act overseas.

I guess songwriters get paid not to give a shit.

tumblr_ltxf5kkw8c1qdmxddzy.gif

Ronok

Is anyone here going to United Cube? I was worried I would struggle to get a ticket like SMTown, but I guess the high price is putting people off, you can still buy them now. lol I guess the line-up could have something to do with it as well. :p

I bought my ticket first thing.

Cube should have booked a date on the weekend, i hearing lots of complaints from students about it being on a weekday during the exam period.

Ronok

broadwayrock said:
I bought my ticket first thing.

Cube should have booked a date on the weekend, i hearing lots of complaints from students about it being on a weekday during the exam period.

Yuh, I've seen a few complaints about that as well. Still, I'm excited, I hope it sells out though.
Did you get tickets for the circle or stalls?

Max said:
Loving the song. I guess they're keeping the dance for the comeback then?

The song is a digital only single, so they wont promote it (kind of like the digital single Tara's Hyomin did with the Brave Brothers & Electroboyz or Rainbow's Zoobles song)

Ronok said:
Yuh, I've seen a few complaints about that as well. Still, I'm excited, I hope it sells out though.
Did you get tickets for the circle or stalls?

Stalls, so its going to be a fight to get in the front row. But i'd rather that than having to pay for super expensive v.i.p tickets like other kpop concerts.

Salazar

Dice said:
As usual Inkigayo camera direction is 50x better than other shows.

Strapping a camera onto an agitated bird would be better than the last Music Bank.

Hoping Skyrim's character creator can give me a Yoo Jae Suk.

tumblr_ltxqsvsh7d1qb124ucg.jpg
tumblr_ltxqsvsh7d1qb12lulo.jpg
tumblr_ltxqsvsh7d1qb124uxm.jpg

tumblr_ltxqsvsh7d1qb125ujk.jpg
tumblr_ltxqsvsh7d1qb121utg.jpg
tumblr_ltxqsvsh7d1qb12ru5a.jpg

ramyeon

고마운 숨 on Tablo's Part 2 album is awesome. The whole album is just really listenable for me. Great stuff.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Some of the things you find on Tumblr need to be posted here, Dice

Min looks thinner. That's Min, right?
I'm all for it if she's losing weight
tumblr_ltvwg3Ov1s1r5foamo1_1280.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom