• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So...any chance of a Virtua Cop 3 console port?

ManaByte

Gold Member
I just played the arcade version, and man I want a home version. Playing a new fast-paced VC game was such a refreshing change from the "duck and shoot" Crisis gameplay in TC2, TC3, and Crisis Zone.

Oh, and shooting bullets out of the air in bullet time is fun as well :D

XS+

Banned
VC3 was cool but Crisis Zone is still the bee's knees. One-shot-one-kill gameplay is lame. Uzis > pistols. You get the idea.

doncale

Banned
we're getting Crisis Zone, I hope we get Virtua Cop 3 next, and then Ghost Squad, then I hope Time Crisis 4 is made, oh and while we're at it gimme Lost World Arcade too :)

XS+

Banned
I wouldn't mind a doable console port of HotD1, and some ports of Gunblade NY & LA Machineguns while they're at it.

And there are enough TC games (TC2 being the best by far imo), gimmie CZ2 on 258 hardware.

ManaByte

Gold Member
I went to the San Diego Dave and Busters tonight for the first time and it's like gun game heaven in there, but without Crisis Zone. There's TC2, Lost World, Police 911, HOTD3, TC2, LA Machineguns, both Silent Scopes, Confidential Mission, and VC3 all in the same area.

Sjoerd

XS+ said:
I wouldn't mind a doable console port of HotD1, and some ports of Gunblade NY & LA Machineguns while they're at it.

And there are enough TC games (TC2 being the best by far imo), gimmie CZ2 on 258 hardware.

A port of HotD1 was made for the dreamcast version of HotD2. It was taken out last minute because of some problems.
:(
They actually made the port and didn't give it too us! I imported my dreamcast with HotD2 for that game and they took it out!

XS+

Banned
Sjoerd said:
A port of HotD1 was made for the dreamcast version of HotD2. It was taken out last minute because of some problems.
:(
They actually made the port and didn't give it too us! I imported my dreamcast with HotD2 for that game and they took it out!
Ugh. Dunno what makes me angrier, that or the unfinished DC port of SCUD Race..

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
i've never played virtua cop 3. and i may never play virtua cop 3. that makes me sad. i should go arcade-hopping tomorrow. lightgun games rock.

you know, if i had to choose, i'd take a virtua cop 3 port over the outrun 2 port.

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
drohne said:
i've never played virtua cop 3. and i may never play virtua cop 3. that makes me sad. i should go arcade-hopping tomorrow.
Yo, PM me if you are in the area. I know of two arcades that have it still.

Sjoerd

segasonic said:
finished? it was just a tech demo for some early prototype hardware...

Well he did say UNfinished :)

Talking about model 3 games, anybody know if those new model 3 emulators are any good?

jarrod

Banned
Namco & Sega should sign a deal to get some of Sega's 3D light gun shooters on PS2 using the Gun.Con...

-Brave Fire Fighters
-Confidential Mission
-Dragon Treasure I&II
-Ghost Squad
-GunBlade NY & LA MachineGuns
-House of the Dead I&II
-House of the Dead III
-Lupin III: The Shooting & Typing
-Lost World & Lost World Special
-Maze of the Kings
-Ocean Hunter
-Virtua Cop 1&2 (Model 2 based, not PC based like Rebirth)
-Virtua Cop 3

...there's probably more I'm forgetting. :)

Mzo

Virtua Cop 3 is a great game... but didn't Sega already say it was never coming to consoles? Then again, I think they said the same thing about Outrun 2. I guess we can hope.

Crisis Zone is amazing, I can't wait to pick it up. I hear you can use two guns at once during the single player XD

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Virtua Cop 3 is one of the nicest looking games I've ever seen... plus the 'bullet time' function is awesome, I was waiting to see when that would turn up in light gun games :p

I wouldn't really want to play a console version of LA Machineguns or Gunblade NY. Without the giant force-feedback machinegun, it wouldn't be the same.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
If they added all the extras they always put in the Time Crisis series then hell yeah id want a VC3 port, not worth the money for a straight arcade port though.

Lazy8s

The ghost of Dreamcast past
SEGA's other Chihiro light gun shooter, The House of the Dead III, has sold and continues to sell very well for the Xbox in the US while maintaining a good MSRP. Considering the military themes of Virtua Cop 3 and Ghost Squad, these are two games SEGA should really consider bringing out for Xbox.

LakeEarth

djtiesto said:
Virtua Cop 3 is one of the nicest looking games I've ever seen... plus the 'bullet time' function is awesome, I was waiting to see when that would turn up in light gun games :p

Yeah I love that. Didn't shoot the guy before he fired his gun. No problem, just shoot the bullet!

The problem with light gun games is that they currently would not work on all display models. Somebody needs to invent a light gun that works with all monitors and tv's, then all these games need to support it.

I think there is a market for these games though, but there are some stumbling blocks. Make it happen.

Top Bottom