• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So what bad PC ports are you expecting to have a good PS5 Pro version

Status
Not open for further replies.

brenobnfm

So i created a similar thread on the other forum but got banned for "console wars and trolling" because the insecure master race crowd can't accept the fact that you can't fix every bad port with brute force lol

I'm waiting the PS5 Pro to finally play a nextgen version of Elden Ring at 60FPS with no stutters, played the maxed out PC version at 165FPS with the DLSS 3 mod and that shit is still a stutter struggle, had a better experience with the PS4 version on PS5.

Another one is Jedi Survivor, never played this one especifically but the recent digital foundry video about the new patch concluded the game is still fundamentally broken on PC

I think both of these games will have their best versions on the PS5 Pro, are there other similar cases?

Codes 208

just about every ps4/5 game thats already on pc will get a better port/upgrade on ps5 pro.

Partly because specs, but also partly because sony cant optimize for shit on pc

Hrk69

Gold Member
Not sure but I thought Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty is best played on consoles

That game is in a terrible state on PC

I can't believe developers still get away with shit like this

Last edited:
lmao playing Elden Ring PS4 version on PS5 to brute force that version and still not being able to hit a locked 60fps... and now he's going to wait to try and play the PS5 version on PS5 Pro to brute force THAT version to not be a piece of shit :LOL:

Elden Ring will forever be best on PC. Turn the shitty RT off and the stutters go away completely.. unlock the framerate.. unlock ultrawide, crank the resolution.. and enjoy what is EASILY the best version of Elden Ring.

brenobnfm

Now, why would anyone think you're console-warring or trolling?

First of all, i'm a PC gamer myself, i'm referring to people saying shit like "everything is better on PC" which is objectively false considering the 2 games i listed on OP are proven to be broke on a fundamental level on PC.

If you have consoles and PC, its in your best interest to know which platform will provide the best experience for each game.

Good one, Team Ninja games are rough on PC, i guess Nioh 1 (60fps on pc and 120 on PS5) and Stranger of Paradise are better on consoles too.

lmao playing Elden Ring PS4 version on PS5 to brute force that version and still not being able to hit a locked 60fps... and now he's going to wait to try and play the PS5 version on PS5 Pro to brute force THAT version to not be a piece of shit :LOL:

Elden Ring will forever be best on PC. Turn the shitty RT off and the stutters go away completely.. unlock the framerate.. unlock ultrawide, crank the resolution.. and enjoy what is EASILY the best version of Elden Ring.

PS4 on PS5 is locked 60, do your research. PC port is broken, turning RT off makes it harder to see but frame times are still all over the place, you're probably just don't care, some people can't see the difference between 30 and 60 fps.

Last edited:

I used to think that but with mods, optimized settings, and proper upscaling techniques it can look even better on PC than on console.

P.S. Team Ninja games do require an extra bit of tinkering given unoptimized particle physics. Looking forward to getting Rise of the Ronin there when it releases.

Last edited:

Radical_3d

First of all, i'm a PC gamer myself, i'm referring to people saying shit like "everything is better on PC" which is objectively false considering the 2 games i listed on OP are proven to be broke on a fundamental level on PC.

If you have consoles and PC, its in your best interest to know which platform will provide the best experience for each game.
Wow, so much trolling. Not admiring PC is the be all end all. We should ban you from here as well. Do I really have to put the /s?

Edit: answering to the thread… none. I use PC for is intended purpose of glorious simulation and strategy gaming; and there is nothing broken or at least fixable with the Pro. But I’m still waiting to play the Elden Ring DLC on the Pro as well. By June it was one of the games “postponed till the Pro”.

Last edited:
PS4 on PS5 is locked 60, do your research. PC port is broken, turning RT off makes it harder to see but frame times are still all over the place, you're probably just don't care, some people can't see the difference between 30 and 60 fps.
No, it's not locked to 60fps. It's also butt ugly.

PC port is not broken. Frametimes are NOT all over the place. Provide me with some game play you've captured with the frametime graph showing me erratic frametimes. Unless you have a shitty PC? Do you?

BlackTron

just about every ps4/5 game thats already on pc will get a better port/upgrade on ps5 pro.

Partly because specs, but also partly because sony cant optimize for shit on pc

Can't, or won't? Been saying since Horizon, I suspect Sony is completely fine with PC being second class.

brenobnfm

Wow, so much trolling. Not admiring PC is the be all end all. We should ban you from here as well. Do I really have to put the /s?

Imagine not being able to discuss about a situation a lot of people will come across because you hurt the feelings of someone who spent all their money on a 4090.

No, it's not locked to 60fps. It's also butt ugly.

PC port is not broken. Frametimes are NOT all over the place. Provide me with some game play you've captured with the frametime graph showing me erratic frametimes. Unless you have a shitty PC? Do you?

It's not butt ugly, i'm not sure if you're aware Elden Ring is a game with graphics from 2015 carried by art direction, PS4 Pro, PS5 and PC max settings looks almost like the same, i played all of them (i don't think you did), biggest difference is grass. Omg it's not locked 60fps, it droped a frame 3 times on a 100h playthrough.

I have a 7800X3D 4070 TI S 64GB 6000mhz PC, go watch some digital foundry if you want your frame time graphics.

Can't, or won't? Been saying since Horizon, I suspect Sony is completely fine with PC being second class.

I think most Sony ports are good or great, i heard Returnal has some stutter and the only really bad port i think was TLoU, not sure if it was totally fixed.

Last edited:
Imagine not being able to discuss about a situation a lot of people will come across because you hurt the feelings of someone who spent all their money on a 4090.

It's not butt ugly, i'm not sure if you're aware Elden Ring is a game with graphics from 2015 carried by art direction, PS4 Pro, PS5 and PC max settings looks almost like the same, i played all of them (i don't think you did), biggest difference is grass. Omg it's not locked 60fps, it droped a frame 3 times on a 100h playthrough.

I have a 7800X3D 4070 TI S 64GB 6000mhz PC, go watch some digital foundry if you want your frame time graphics.
It's completely butt ugly.. lower resolution, grass and LOD is horribly compromised.. effects too. And lmao it drops more than that bro.. and you know it. You obviously didn't play it enough to see it. Not to mention the complete butt ass loading times you're forcing yourself to deal with playing that terrible version.

Last edited:

BlackTron

I think most Sony ports are good or great, i heard Returnal has some stutter and the only really bad port i think was TLoU, not sure if it was totally fixed.

When it came out the Horizon port was serviceable but you couldn't really use it to embarrass a Playstation too much. I think they're willfully cognizant of this.

brenobnfm

It's completely butt ugly.. lower resolution, grass and LOD is horribly compromised.. effects too. And lmao it drops more than that bro.. and you know it. You obviously didn't play it enough to see it. Not to mention the complete butt ass loading times you're forcing yourself to deal with playing that terrible version.

Whatever, you believe what you wanna believe, i think you're just another insecure PC gamer and have no idea what you're talking about, but if you think this piece of shit port is great, more power to you.

Timestamped for your convenience

When it came out the Horizon port was serviceable but you couldn't really use it to embarrass a Playstation too much. I think they're willfully cognizant of this.

I think it was mid initially, but by now the game is in great shape on PC.

Last edited:

Vick

Gold Member
Some PS ports go without saying, The Last of Us: Part I PC for example still suffers from some issues compared to the standard PS5 version while also having some effects/details missing, all while offering virtually not a single improvement over the original.
Rockstar never patched the PS5 RT shadows and reflections, nor the temporal improvements, in the PC version of GTA V.
Capcom never ported the PS5 RT features of DMC5 into PC.
I am sure there's many other examples, but some I can think of, like PC versions of PS4 games like Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves and Spider-Man being artistically compromised, not necessarily fit into the Thread being nonetheless those OG version locked at 30fps.

Speaking of Capcom there's the Dead Rising Deluxe Remaster:

wABioYR.gif

7I04mzY.gif

Which received a significant overhaul on Pro made of RT reflections and additional shadows and other, at the moment not fully clear, improvements. This is especially noteworthy because RE Engine SSR on PC are the usual, broken and distractingly messy implementation.

I thought these Pro improvements will eventually make their way to PC, but P Physiognomonics raised a very good point here:

I'd say they are using in-house Sony APIs here. Because those reflections look as good as the ones seen in F1.

As these RT reflections look nothing like the usual RE Engine RT reflections, and the idea of Capcom significantly improving on their core RT tech for a mere Pro support sounds unrealistic.

It will be extremely interesting to see Pro version of Resident Evil: Village and RE4R.

Last edited:

Whatever, you believe what you wanna believe, i think you're just another insecure PC gamer and have no idea what you're talking about, but if you think this piece of shit port is great, more power to you.

Timestamped for your convenience

I never said the port was great.. I said that it's the best version of the game there is.. and that will remain true after the PS5 Pro releases as well..

Screenshot-2024-09-29-211340.png

I'm sorry you've subjected yourself to playing an inferior shitty version of the game with worse visuals and long ass loading times on your PS5 because the PS5 version itself is shitty.

And lol... I asked for your own footage proving these issues you're having with frametimes... Like I said... turn the shitty RT off and the stutters go away completely, and you have the best looking and performing version of the game. 🤷‍♂️

brenobnfm

I never said the port was great.. I said that it's the best version of the game there is.. and that will remain true after the PS5 Pro releases as well..

I'm sorry you've subjected yourself to playing an inferior shitty version of the game with worse visuals and long ass loading times on your PS5 because the PS5 version itself is shitty.

And lol... I asked for your own footage proving these issues you're having with frametimes... Like I said... turn the shitty RT off and the stutters go away completely, and you have the best looking and performing version of the game. 🤷‍♂️

You're talking to yourself at this point, oh so you have stats of the PC version, congratulations. I played both versions extensively which i don't think you did, i actually played a lot of the PS5 version too, PC is the prettiest version, the best? nah. The video i posted show the analysis without ray tracing, it's broken, i played enough with and without mods that shit is fucked up, i'm not installing the game to record footage and make an analysis for you lmao, gtfoh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom