• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So what is the deal with Nintendo and Amazon?

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
It seems there is some issue with Nintendo and Amazon over the last year. I've tried to pre-order Nintendo 1st party games over the last year and I never saw them listed. Stores are hit and miss with stock, so Amazon has been my go-to for pre-orders. The most recent one is the upcoming Zelda game. Nothing listed on Amazon. Is it because they want players to buy digital (100% profits) and then release physical, hoping fans will double dip? Seems like it.

DavJay

Been that way for a long time. Amazon never stocked the ds lites. I know because I had a lot of Amazon GC back then and it never popped up on the site for me to buy.

nordique

Very odd. Can pre order and purchase first party stuff on Amazon Canada, which consoles and games are same region as USA

EDMIX

Writes a lot, says very little
I've heard rumors over the years about Nintendo not putting up with some retail practices like agreeing to buy back unsold stock or things like that. Both of them are probably trying to push the other one around.

True, but if other publishers have no issue with this, it sounds more like its Nintendo at fault.

Doom85

I read the thread title with the Seinfeld theme playing in my head.

k0Vo3d5.jpeg

Puscifer

Doesn't Amazon also have a tendency to screw up street dates which added to this friction?
I haven't seen this since the days of 99 cent guaranteed release date shipping and even then it was like maybe a day before and even then it was totally random. Ragnarok sat at the warehouse for 2 days before actually getting to me on release date

StereoVsn

This is a problem with only amazon usa. Both amazon japan & europe always have nintendos 1st party stuff for preorder.
Yeah, this issue has been going on for a while. Sometimes it gets settled temporarily and things go back to normal, but other times a lot of Nintendo games or hardware will only be there listed by 3rd parties and not Amazon itself.

Top Bottom